UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some dogs will be able to detect and follow scent months after the original trail was laid while other dogs may not be able to detect the scent trail after 24 hours. Much of the confusion about scent comes from the way in which handlers train their dogs.
Can anyone, @Angleterre with knowledge of tracking, clarify if the dogs traced C''s scent to a specific spot on a river (there are three) would that be a fresh scent trail? Could it be from days ago, or weeks ago? How long does a scent trail last, and does rain wash it away?

I follow a police dog handler on Twitter, he says that a dog picks up a scent and follows it to a person/ item or until the scent fades before it starts following another scent.

Halliwell was such an obvious suspect, you would think the police looked extensively at his whereabouts and alibi, if they excluded him from blame that is good enough for me
The piece I read, and I'm still trying to find it, they interviewed him, and he is insane, so he refused to confirm or deny he did it, and he asked how many women did he have to kill to be considered a serial killer. Before they blew a gasket, they decided to do a comprehensive check on him, and found he was in hospital at the time. His girlfriend had dumped him and he felt suicidal. So the police did consider him seriously and in typical insane style he strung them along for a while.

North Yorks Enquirer | Did Halliwell Murder Claudia Lawrence?
The piece I read, and I'm still trying to find it, they interviewed him, and he is insane, so he refused to confirm or deny he did it, and he asked how many women did he have to kill to be considered a serial killer. Before they blew a gasket, they decided to do a comprehensive check on him, and found he was in hospital at the time. His girlfriend had dumped him and he felt suicidal. So the police did consider him seriously and in typical insane style he strung them along for a while.
Did you read the bit about the location of the white van?

Last edited:
North Yorks Enquirer | Did Halliwell Murder Claudia Lawrence?

Did you read the bit about the location of the white van?
Yes, but Halliwell wasn't in Yorkshire or driving that van, when Claudia disappeared. the police had already traced that van, the article was written in 2018, practically a decade after the first investigation and after the second one. They don't have access to police files because the case is still open, and they didn't check their findings first. So they are using poetic license there to make out they have broken the case in some way.

Does the horrific situation with Sarah Everard demonstrate how easily someone can be overpowered, possibly restrained and kidnapped so easily? Fortunately the CCTV and dash cameras have been invaluable.

It does make me wonder if CL could have been duped by someone in authority or with a fake badge and lured into a vehicle

Does the horrific situation with Sarah Everard demonstrate how easily someone can be overpowered, possibly restrained and kidnapped so easily? Fortunately the CCTV and dash cameras have been invaluable.

It does make me wonder if CL could have been duped by someone in authority or with a fake badge and lured into a vehicle
The police would have been on this quickly - for them everything points to four men - even offering up a file to the cps

The police would have been on this quickly - for them everything points to four men - even offering up a file to the cps
The evidence must have been very flimsy at best . I’m sure the CPS will be proved right.

Does the horrific situation with Sarah Everard demonstrate how easily someone can be overpowered, possibly restrained and kidnapped so easily? Fortunately the CCTV and dash cameras have been invaluable. I doubt the person responsible for her disappeared realised her father's area of expertise included satelite and GPS.

An ex policeman boyfriend perhaps
IMO

Its def something police are investigating the poss use of a warrant card @UKjester.
This piece from the Mail Online has some interesting content.
There is also a note of the the kit issued to Diplomatic Protection officers amongst other things include firearms speed cuffs telescopic baton and cps spray. No lone unsuspecting female would be able to defend herself against someone equiped with these.

He worked at the Palace of Westminster as did Sarah they both had lockers there.
We know Claudia held a work locker too.

Im sure people are wondering if there had been other victims.
I would hope NYP would take an interest in him.
He has some military history and had previously been a mechanic.
Thinking aloud here but has anyone done any research into his background back in 2008-2009.
Did any of his military, mechanical or security work history put him in the York area in those years.
Some times the people who commit these crimes can fly under the radar for a long period of time before they slip up and are caught.

Sarah Everard: 'Murder suspect' Met officer found via CCTV from bus camera | Daily Mail Online

Sarah Everard: 'Murder suspect' Met officer found via CCTV from bus camera | Daily Mail Online

His Ukrainian wife Elena, 38, works as a laboratory manager. She is not at the couple's home today, which remains sealed off behind a metal wall today.

They have been described by friends as a 'very doting couple' with two children who met online around 12 years ago.
-.-.-
12 years ago was around 2009 ...... when Claudia disappeared.

His wife looks verrry similar to Claudia, IMO.
He may have had preferred this type of woman.
So, rumours about Claudia's secret boyfriend, who was police man (or an ex police man allegedly), was not pulled out of thin air perhaps. Her NH's crew probably didn't know, who it was and which job he had (NOT responsible for drug trade and cigarette smuggling within the Heworth area) and only feared him as "someone unknown from police".
I wouldn't be surprised, if there is a connection. IMO

ETA: I won't delete half of my post, BUT: WC wasn't police man in 2009. Oh! Maybe, he lied to CL, because he already had a plan to become a police officer? Idk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its def something police are investigating the poss use of a warrant card @UKjester.
This piece from the Mail Online has some interesting content.
There is also a note of the the kit issued to Diplomatic Protection officers amongst other things include firearms speed cuffs telescopic baton and cps spray. No lone unsuspecting female would be able to defend herself against someone equiped with these.

He worked at the Palace of Westminster as did Sarah they both had lockers there.
We know Claudia held a work locker too.

Im sure people are wondering if there had been other victims.
I would hope NYP would take an interest in him.
He has some military history and had previously been a mechanic.
Thinking aloud here but has anyone done any research into his background back in 2008-2009.
Did any of his military, mechanical or security work history put him in the York area in those years.
Some times the people who commit these crimes can fly under the radar for a long period of time before they slip up and are caught.

What? Sarah worked at the Palace of Westminster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member