UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reclaim These Streets
The Home Secretary Priti Patel said she was “deeply saddened” by the developments in the investigation into Ms Everard’s disappearance, adding “every woman should feel safe to walk out streets without fear of harassment and violence”.

“Many women have shared their stories and concerns online since Sarah’s disappearance last week,” she said.

“These are so powerful because each and every woman can relate. Every woman should feel safe to walk on our streets without fear of harassment or violence.

“At this deeply sad and tragic time as we think and pray for Sarah and her family, I will continue through my role to do all I can to protect women and girls from violence and harassment.”
'Reclaim these streets' vigil to be held following disappearance of Sarah Everard

Candle trail proposed from Kent to London for Sarah Everard

It is the A2216 Lordship Lane at the junction with the A205 Dulwich Common, London, SE22.

It is 3 and half miles from Poyners Court to this junction. The vehicle that folk think is suspicious is turning right from Lordship Lane southbound onto A205 Dulwich Common (the road) which would take the driver back towards Poyners Court (3 and half miles away). Why would an offender with a live, struggling victim be heading back towards the place that she was last seen?

The quality of the CCTV is very poor, with glare and distortion. It is very difficult to make out exactly what is going on. It is very easy for the mind to make up what it wants to see. Caution is always advised.

I have attached street view and road map for ease of reference.

Google Maps

Google Maps

I took it that the car we are looking at was turning right to stay on the A205 ie continue heading South East out of London rather than back to the Clapham area...

I have only just now saw the images from the scene - I know we cannot link twitter but search @ladyjaggar if you want to see.

Having followed the LE operations for several missing persons, I can say IMO that this is definitely an operation to recover more than 1 body. There is no doubt.

Kentish Express (@KentishExpress) tweeted at 10:22 am on Thu, Mar 11, 2021:
This is the scene at the former Great Chart Golf and Leisure complex as Met officers continue to work on the site near #Ashford

Bears Lane was open to traffic yesterday, but is closed today #SarahEverard

https://t.co/OTjdMnAXKk
(https://twitter.com/KentishExpress/status/1369956993927102465?s=03)
On that thread the reporter also says there has been a number of portaloos taken onto the site as well as a load of temporary police operations cabin type things. The police must really be expecting to be there for a good while yet for whatever reason.

I know someone who was sexually assaulted. They didn't fight back or scream they were in complete disbelief that it was happening and scared for their life. People react differently.
I was violently sexually assaulted and raped some years ago, I did not fight back, I knew I had no chance in a very remote area, I froze with fear and complied as I was so scared, I knew I did not stand a chance, I think if I didn't comply...actually, I dread to think what would have happened. So, I think it is very possible she complied with him out of fear or literally a million other reasons, shock just makes some people freeze in these situations. MOO. I'm one of the lucky ones. I was only a very young teen and not streetwise, the 2 men were 2 decades older. My experience, my own opinion. My heart goes out to anyone who has been through similar. ✌

Agree but it would be a discussion with an officer which would take time and people may notice. I certainly wouldn’t get into his car on that basis especially if it’s unmarked. And I would call or text family/boyfriend. This is what I would do and obviously may not be what Sarah would have done it’s JMO, I’m just trying to see it from a perspective that makes sense to me but obviously like you say we are not all the same. Just makes more sense to me that he attacked her without warning but obviously we don’t know. JMO
I’m not sure where you are from but culturally, there seems to be a HUGE void of difference as to what people would do in the presence of a Police officer in the UK as opposed to many other countries, in particular, the USA
For example, time after time I read here on WS where posters have said that they would never voluntarily speak with a police officer without a lawyer being present and primarily those posters have been from the USA or elsewhere whereas in the UK, it’s most unusual for a person being treated as a witness to NOT speak to the police when they are alone and I cannot recall a single example in 23 years where a witness has said to me ( working from the UK ) that they will not speak to me unless accompanied by a solicitor. So if you transpose that generally to the general public in the UK being stopped and spoken to by a police officer and then transpose it to circumstances as they generally unfold in the USA , it’s a massive difference as to how both scenarios are approached in each individual country ....

I said the same. I was the victim of an attacker as a teenager, so I know how quick it can be. It doesn't take much and shock kicks in ( which the attacker hopes will subdue you, some women freeze, some don't, it's not something you can control). Luckily I didn't get put in a car so I fought and escaped. If you were in a locked car and the man said he had a weapon all attempts at resistance or getting out of the situation may be impossible.
Exactly. I've been seriously attacked twice - once in London and once abroad when a man pulled me into a car in Turkey. The sheer force, strength and agility I have never forgotten. Now I know what being attacked by a man is like, I never kid myself that there is some magic answer - there isn't, except to be hyper aware, fit, strong and fast and not act like prey when walking in the street.

Police officers DNA is already in the database from when they are sworn in ( attestation ) as a Police officer so that each individual crime scene they attend , if DNA is an issue, they will be screened out so that evidence and the integrity and continuity of such, can be maintained. For example, if you have a murder scene , as a matter of routine, DNA and Footprints are routinely obtained from the like of Paramedics etc , again so that the offenders DNA can be isolated without having the DNA of the attending officers and EMT’s etc having to be run through and it be an unknown sample, if you know what I mean?
Thank you for that

If say he'd committed a crime where he wasn't the investigating officer - such as a sexual assault or offending public decency way out of his remit - and DNA was left and obtained would the database flag him has a match? Or is it only officers involved that are checked?

I ask because of speculation that he may have offended before - eg flashing. Which suggests either he didn't leave DNA (such as from masturbation) or it wasn't found / looked for (eg too difficult or case not a priority)

Thanks

Did anyone else think Cressida Dicks announcement suggested there may be a lot more to this? She seemed to be holding something back as if this is bigger than people realise, of course she knows a lot more than anyone about what is going on but she had the vibe of this being bigger than just a singular murder, the way she described "what seems to be human remains" also implies that this could be plural, is there a collection of remains and this is why it cant be identified currently due to a collection of different dna which will need to be slowly picked apart, hence the large investigation teams coming in for what looks like the long haul?

Yes I thought this - it sounded like there will be a lot more to come. With this & the the ramping up of investigative teams on the site, I can only think either they are now looking at more than one body, or that SE body was not in one piece and they are looking at multiple locations on site - would explain why she said 'what seems to be human remains' (e.g. not an actual full body), maybe?

Attachments

• car2.PNG
    car2.PNG
    555.3 KB · Views: 374
Hopefully they will have some identification by then (fingers crossed). But yes maybe they will go with a lesser charge like they did with Pawel Relowicz in the meantime.

Still pretty sure once charged they cant continue to question though (someone might need to correct me on that) so maybe they will hold out as long as possible.

Agree. I am sure they know it is Sarah but they have to have a definite confirmation via some method. ( hate to think which :()
Yes, once they charge there is no more questioning allowed. Not that I expect him to be saying anything other than no comment.

In all the cases I have followed, i can't think i have ever seen portacabins brought in. I do not get a good feeling from this at all.

Can anyone more in the know tell me, His re arrest at 3pm yesterday for murder, Would the 24 hours begin again from there?

[Video]

Kentish Express (@KentishExpress) tweeted at 12:59 pm on Thu, Mar 11, 2021:

The first flowers are laid at the leisure complex entrance as heavy rain falls #SarahEverard https://t.co/rQJqZtxH5V

(https://twitter.com/KentishExpress/status/1369996277526781953?s=03)

Those pics of what appear to be mobile units might suggest they are planning on being there for some time. Any VIs know if it’s common/possible for testing to be done ‘on site’ as it were? And if not entirely common, does this suggest they want to expedite things so that they can charge within the time remaining?

These were the other incidents in the last few months before Sarah Everard's disappearance - all within 100 metres of the route she would have taken. Don't know if any of these could be connected to WC. Possibly first and last aren't, as WC is a white male.

October 2020
Man came out of grounds of St Matthew's Church, Brixton Hill at around 10 pm and tried to get a passing lady to come into the grounds with him. When she wouldn't, he started following her saying he would come with her then, whilst making threatening comments to her. She ran away. She says description of man matches that of man in last incident

November 16 2020
A young woman was sexually assaulted in the woodland area of Tooting Common in Broad daylight at 4 pm, by 6 ft tall man in brown leather jacket

January 14 2021
Sexual assault of a young woman on Hydethorpe Rd at junction with Radbourne Road.

February 2 2021
Woman chased by a man outside Palace Road surgery on Christchurch Rd

February 22 2021 approx
14 year old girl on Rodenhurst Rd was followed by man in a van. Man in green camouflage-style hoodie, medium build, 20s or 30s, black.
i think all the people described in this are a black man, at least from what i reemember when I saw them earlier in the week

Metropolitan armed policeman sent to guard a disused golf course in Ashford?
Please don’t be facetious. Police roles are interchangeable and irrespective as to wether you are an armed officer or a dog handler or a CID officer, you’re first and foremost a Police officer and if you see something whilst out and about on patrol or even route to and from places or you are assigned a specific job nearby which necessitated you taking a look in this area , he can and if is astute enough, will , use this as to a reason for his DNA being present. There are a million reasons why that may be so and doesn’t correlate to their role !
Can I please ask that when you see that the poster of information of the likes of my post , Is from a Verified English Law Enforcement officer , that you think about your reply , instead of taking what appears to be, cheap shots. Kind regards, and thank you.

It’s far more complex because he could essentially, at trial, have a get out of jail card by saying that he has been in that given location as a result of being sent there on a routine enquiry, allocated a job at that location, gone to the location voluntarily to check something out in the course of his enquiries into another matter and for these reasons alone, his DNA may be present. So it’s not as straightforward as a member of the public being the arrested person.

Would anyone believe that of the kind of job he had, as a police guard on the US embassy? Do they have to conduct enquiries? Wouldn't it be very easy to disprove? I have no detailed knowledge , so these are genuine questions.

In the UK there is only one charge for an act of murder, premeditated or not.

The extent of any premeditation is only considered by the judge during sentencing.

To add to this (apologies if anyone else has already clarified this, I am way behind in the thread) in UK law the charge of murder includes premeditation in that it requires both a guilty act (actus reus) and a guilty mind (mens rea) i.e intention to kill or seriously harm.

To kill someone without intention to would be classed as manslaughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46