UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s self inflicted IMO.

When further questioned now, could he not possibly use the excuse “I can’t remember what happened now, due to my head injury”

Could be a ploy to buy time/avoid answering further questions?

If any of my clients did this they'd be getting another slap on the head from me. It's surely attention-seeking and maybe attempting to get into hospital instead of the jail, but it doesn't help with any legal defense.

Being a police officer, he will be under constant watch. A PC will be sat at his cell door watching him.

Unless on suicide watch he'd just have been given anti strangulation clothing and monitored the same as everyone else. The only special treatment will have been he was probably taken to a custody suite far away from his normal post.

Jess Philips stood in parliament now reading out all the names of women killed by men in the last year.......a sobering watch! she's been going for best part of 10 minutes and is nowhere near finished. she does it every year.....118 women....1 every 3 days.

i'm disgusted. I used to be a Met Police officer myself.

OMG

WC was taken to hospital after being found unconscious in his cell due to head injuries sustained whilst in custody.

He was treat, discharged and returned to the police station.

Not sure if anybody has posted this info yet, I'm still only half way through The last thread but jumped forward to post this.

His wife's Facebook has now been taken down, no doubt due to the influx of comments being left on her most recent public post.

It sounds more like today.

But at least he's bought hinself a bit more time away from police questioning.

Edit: on further reading, The Sun says:

The incident occurred while Couzens was spending a second night in custody at the police station. It is understood he was alone a

With all that questioning, maybe he needed to clear his head.

WC was taken to hospital after being found unconscious in his cell due to head injuries sustained whilst in custody.

He was treat, discharged and returned to the police station.

Not sure if anybody has posted this info yet, I'm still only half way through The last thread but jumped forward to post this.

His wife's Facebook has now been taken down, no doubt due to the influx of comments being left on her most recent public post.

Do you have a source for your last paragraph?

Ah yes of course. She could give her Facebook password to her lawyer who could then make arrangements to suspend the page. I guess it’s perhaps not a priority - or not the first thing you think of. Until the family get upset reading all the hate. Would she be allowed one phone call?

there were a few people saying stay off the page the comment s would one day be read by the children. valid point. one said they would report the page to social services but i think its likely it was reported to facebook who have taken it down

Ah yes of course. She could give her Facebook password to her lawyer who could then make arrangements to suspend the page. I guess it’s perhaps not a priority - or not the first thing you think of. Until the family get upset reading all the hate. Would she be allowed one phone call?
She has unlimited acces to a lawyer (unless she has refused legal representation - which I really hope she has not). This should be on their checklist when they meet their client.

If any of my clients did this they'd be getting another slap on the head from me. It's surely attention-seeking and maybe attempting to get into hospital instead of the jail, but it doesn't help with any legal defense.

I agree, it would be needlessly stupid on top of everything else.

However, in your opinion as an attorney, have you ever seen a situation where someone is going to be in a lot of trouble due to the committed crimes, knows the jig is up and there is no avoiding it, so decides to make it as difficult as possible for the LE from that point on?

Pure speculation from me, realistically he has done it due to the guilt/suicide attempt more likely.

I think that repetitive head banging is, indeed, a classic form of self-harm seen in people that are chronically institutionalized,

I don't think this episode fits that scenario.

Just My Opinion, Only (JMOO)

I doubt he could get away with this kind of behaviour at his job - Rather coincidental it is starting now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie