UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would he have been detained for this offence though? Serious question. I have no idea of what happens in this scenario.

JMO- I don’t know for sure but likely not. However he may have lost his job and maybe felt like the police were onto him and perhaps then felt as if he would be less likely to get away with anything further. He probably thought he was invincible. Total speculation but maybe there are other cases that they could have also pinned him to? All speculation ofc.

"Our investigation will look at the actions of the MPS after police received a report on 28 February that a man had exposed himself at a fast food restaurant in South London."Our investigation will look at the actions of the MPS after police received a report on 28 February that a man had exposed himself at a fast food restaurant in South London."

Note the official IOPC statement (my bold) says 'at' not 'in'- a small pendantic point, but one that makes a difference to likely amount of CCTV available

Last edited:
Is anyone able to translate this into plain English?
It could be that the investigation into the indecent assault started prior to WC’s arrest and wasn’t carried out correctly or info was ignored or potentially not followed up, or it could be that the investigation was carried out by someone who knew WC (maybe that’s a reason for a mandatory referral), whether or not info had led to him being a suspect previously they might still have to refer.
This is just logical reasons I can think of, my opinion

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14310271/sarah-everard-police-wayne-couzens/

The Independent Office for Police Conduct also announced they are investigating the Met over the apparent failure to act on the indecent exposure report.

A man is alleged to have exposed himself to female staff at the take away on February 28.

The incident is said to have been captured on CCTV.

Staff reported it to police on the night. However, no action was taken in connection over the alleged incident.

Had he been arrested over the allegation, Couzens would automatically have had his “blue ticket” firearm licence revoked and suspended from duty.

Former Met detective chief inspector Mick Neville said: "He would have been suspended from duty and would have been at home."

Well that's the clanger there. CD knew when she read her statement. Can't believe this.

I'm sorry if this has been stated but I did look on the front page and this thread is moving very fast - are they no known social media accounts of the WC?

All of my friends who are in the police force have social media accounts under assumed names, or nicknames. But, as others have said, I would imagine any account he did have has been taken down by now.

Phone call finished 21:28, phone off by 21:30. If timings are accurate then no time to coax her. He had a gun. I’m sure that it was flashed.
This could have been SE turning it off voluntarily to conserve battery (I know I would if familiar with the route and no reason to keep my phone on once I'd spoken to my partner, especially if battery low).

Seems improbable (but not impossible) that WC could have had a persuasive conversation *and/or* incapacitate SE *and* turn off her phone in 2 mins IMO

The Independent Office for Police Conduct also announced they are investigating the Met over the apparent failure to act on the indecent exposure report.

A man is alleged to have exposed himself to female staff at the take away on February 28.

Staff reported it to police on the night. However, no action was taken in connection over the alleged incident.

Had he been arrested over the allegation, Couzens would automatically have had his “blue ticket” firearm licence revoked and suspended from duty.

Former Met detective chief inspector Mick Neville said: "He would have been suspended from duty and would have been at home."

Oh my god! This is terrible. No wonder The Met are worried. He wouldn't have been in London that day had those officers actually investigated. Wow.

Is it just me or do press reports seem to vary as to whether WC was named / implicated in the indecent assault on 28 Feb or whether an allegation was made about that day, and maybe he fits the description or not, but wasn’t named. IMO there’s a HUGE difference in how the MPS would / should deal with these 2 scenarios....

Neighbours say they spotted a Land Rover containing two men watching the property for two hours before around 20 officers raided the house.

A shirtless Couzens was led from the house in handcuffs with one witness saying: 'He looked very calm - just walked out'.

Today it was claimed that Couzens worked a 2pm to 8pm shift at the US embassy on the day his alleged victim vanished 'into thin air'. The building he was guarding is less than three miles from where Miss Everard was last seen at 9.30pm as she walked home to Brixton on March 3.

Met Police operations will continue at the woods and in Deal for the rest of the week.

A Kent Police spokesman said: 'Over the next few days, the Met Police will continue to carry out activities across the area whilst their enquiries progress.'

A car linked to Couzens - thought to be a hire vehicle - was reportedly picked up on a motorist's dashcam near to the spot where Sarah disappeared last Wednesday.

One source told MailOnline: 'If they identified his car from the bus, they will have been able to see him driving all the way home on London and Highways England's network of cameras.

'If she was in the car, they will have footage of him with her'.

Detectives also probe whether the suspect used his warrant card to lure her into his car after leaving work guarding the nearby US Embassy, it emerged today.

Scotland Yard are also said to be investigating whether Couzens, 48, used the current Covid-19 lockdown rules to stop the missing woman as she walked home to Brixton from her friend's home in Clapham, south-west London on the evening of March 3.

Police have ramped up their operation at the rural crime scene this afternoon, setting up a mobile headquarters and sending in a diving unit as well as more officers in multiple riot vans.

Forensic officers in blue boiler suits were seen entering the woods with tripods, cameras and possibly equipment to scan the soil.

MailOnline believes that the woods where the remains were found were known to him because Couzens' Ukrainian wife and their two children had visited for walks.

Couzens was working at the US Embassy just three miles from where Sarah vanished and knocked off work around 90 minutes before she was last seen.He was working there as an armed guard.

Aerial footage shot by the BBC shows the back of the garden complete with a pool apparently covered over by investigators

Police have today expanded their presence at the site in Ashford where human remains were found last night, including a mobile HQ (pictured being dropped into place) and a diving unit.

Officers made the horrifying discovery at the disused Great Chart Golf & Leisure Country Club near Ashford (pictured today)

Couzens' home in Deal is surrounded with metal walls and is swarming with forensics officers

Police also searched the suspect's family's former garage in Dover, which is now disused and abandoned

There is so much information to unpack here. Much more at link:
Sarah Everard: Police officer arrested over 'kidnap and murder' found in cell with head injuries'

I have 3 friends in the police force, none of them have an identifiable social media account using their own names. I assume it's common practise to make sure they are not readily identifiable for their own safety.
My daughter in law is an ex police officer... I can concur they are very very careful with Social Media...

Have been lurking but just joined to comment and this is my first post. A member called Mersault posted this on the night of the arrest about a street blocked off by LE in Oval (sorry don't know how to link this properly):
Fentiman Road is closed by police cordon and looks serious, two miles away - no suggestion that it’s linked though

US Embassy is just over 1 mile away in Nine Elms Lane.

As WC worked so far away from home could it be possible that he had been marking the movements of Sarah if he also had digs close by. He might have built up a casual friendly chat with her in the past and she may have known that he was a PC.

Who here also thinks that WC caused his own head injuries by banging his own head against the wall?

I just hope he's on suicide watch so that he can't escape justice...
Absolutely, he's been protected so far, he was arrested quietly no raid no banging no shouting, he's done that himself, hell probably try the mental health card, he knows what awaits him inside no doubt, what a shocking case this is

reported and caught on cctv and no action taken :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member