ATLANTIC CITY SK: possible link to LISK and GB4?

Forgive me if this has already been addressed, but has either LI or AC LE ever come out and given one good reason why they have ruled out a connection between the 2? I know they don't have to. But I'm just curious. We know SKs often travel and those areas really aren't that far all things considered.
Related threads:

Possible connection between the GB4, AC and other murders

NJ NJ - Atlantic City Murders, 4 Women Found Dead behind Motel, Egg Harbor Twp, Nov 2006

Molly Jean Dilts, 20
Hometown: Black Lick, Pa.
Found on: Nov. 20, 2006, behind the Golden Key Motel near Atlantic City. Facebook: Profile lists her friends as the three other Atlantic City victims and one Long Island victim.

Kim Raffo, 35
Hometown: Brooklyn, N.Y.
Found: Nov 20, 2006, behind the Golden Key Motel.
Facebook: Profile lists the other Atlantic City victims as friends.

Barbara Breidor, 42
Hometown: Ventnor, N.J.
Found: Nov. 20, 2006, behind the Golden Key Motel.
Facebook: Profile also lists the other Atlantic City victims as friends.

Tracy Ann Roberts, 23
Hometown: Bear, Del.
Found: Nov. 20, 2006, behind the Golden Key Motel.
Facebook: Two profiles are set up for Roberts. One is friends with the three Atlantic City women; the other is friends with Long Island victim Megan Waterman.

Amber Lynn Costello, 27
Hometown: Wilmington, N.C.
Found: Dec. 13 near Gilgo Beach, N.Y.
Facebook: Her profile lists Molly Jean Dilts and a Jane Doee as friends.

Megan Waterman, 22
Hometown: Scarborough, Maine
Facebook: Profile shows her as a member of the “In Memory of Kim Raffo” group and as a friend of Tracyann Roberts.

Maureen Brainard-Barnes, 25
Hometown: Norwich, Conn.
Facebook: Her profile lists no friends.

Great digging Disco, the facebook connection is interesting, wondering if that was posthumous by family members or loved ones who took over their accounts or by them?

Can you provide more insight into the activity on these accounts?

Kim Raffo spent a few weeks living in a Hauppauge hotel/motel prior to returning to Jersey shortly before her death.

I was initially skeptical that the Atlantic City and Gilgo cases are related but certain commonalities (the number 4, the spacing/placement of the victims), Kim’s Long Island connection, and now Valerie Mack’s Jersey connection, well, I’m less skeptical. We need to know more about Valerie’s adult life in Jersey.

I’m getting a little confused here. Some articles say Valerie had ties to Atlantic City, others say Atlantic county

I’m getting a little confused here. Some articles say Valerie had ties to Atlantic City, others say Atlantic county

City is within the County, so if she had ties to the city then she would automatically have ties to the County.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what else is going on in the County, but I'd imagine the "City" is where most of the action is. She was from Port Republic, which just North of AC.

I dont believe the LISK case, and the Atlantic city cases, are related, i believe even ACPD has ruled out the connection to Gilgo at this time.

There's been mention feeling that these cases, may also possibly be part of a human trafficking syndicate.

But that can not be confirmed either.

For the AC case there is a guy who has been a suspect for 10 years. He was on TV some years ago asking when are they are they going to let it go. Too bad for him Tom Spota wasn’t the DA in AC and his name was Brewer or Bisset

For the AC case there is a guy who has been a suspect for 10 years. He was on TV some years ago asking when are they are they going to let it go. Too bad for him Tom Spota wasn’t the DA in AC and his name was Brewer or Bisset

Between the knowledge that Bisset liked to travel down to AC to gamble and Brewer was thought to have possibly been in the area in 2006 hunting birds, I'm not willing to write off either of them yet.

I do acknowledge that neither have anything to do with the AC case, most likely.

As for the GB4, it amazes me that people just accept that Bisset being a suspect is a product of an internet rumour that spread like wildfire. Why do we believe this, because a CORRUPT police department and his family said it was so?

First time posting in this forum - long time follower of case and have been doing some independent research. Have found a Atlantic City address for in 2000 Valerie on an ancestry site - can anyone verify? Many thanks

Kim Raffo spent a few weeks living in a Hauppauge hotel/motel prior to returning to Jersey shortly before her death.

I was initially skeptical that the Atlantic City and Gilgo cases are related but certain commonalities (the number 4, the spacing/placement of the victims), Kim’s Long Island connection, and now Valerie Mack’s Jersey connection, well, I’m less skeptical. We need to know more about Valerie’s adult life in Jersey.
Kim stayed in a motel in Jericho as well.

We are constantly running in circles anyway aren't we? I wonder what the copper found that made him suspect gaskill? It's possible he is privy to some information we don't have, he made it sound like the guy was really really weird. I do believe AC and Gilgo are the same killer(s). Gaskill does;t appear to have a NY address so that is significant. Maybe someone can look in to his relatives, if he has a parent living on Long Island, then I would consider him as a POI as of know we really have nothing. Does anyone have a link to the story about the Prostitute who claimed to spend time with the killer and two of the victims and she tells the story of seeing one of the victims dead on the bed of a motel room? In this version of events, there is more than killer, so it's always possible Gaskill was part of the group.

Another thing, Barbara Breidor's daughter claimed she'd seen the sketch of the river man when he was at the door selling something. That narrows down possibilities in a large way and it means either the man was selling hoovers...or drugs. Highly unlikely he was a door to door vacuum salesman, so I think there is a good chance the killer could be a drug dealer. It explains so many things, why Megan left her phone, why amber went out in a sweatshirt (although Schaller makes it sound like she left for a date but sometimes I wonder if he didn't sell her out for a brick), why sugar bear left her coat to meet her special friend (i.e. drug dealer), Shannan and JB's short drive. A LOT of things point to the killer being a drug dealer.
Totally agree on DS pimping Amber out. I'm just studying Dennis Gatskill, watched a youtube vid of all these bizarre notes someone found not far from the AC4 murders, hidden in old tires about 4 miles from the scene of the murders. After reading this, you nailed it. Why else would they drop everything and go? Brilliant!

First time posting in this forum - long time follower of case and have been doing some independent research. Have found a Atlantic City address for in 2000 Valerie on an ancestry site - can anyone verify? Many thanks

never mind it didn’t check out- I believe it belonged to a different Valerie sadly

The town next to that, Smithville, was a place I visited every November from 2002-2007 . Were there any girls that disappeared from Atlantic City and ended up on long island during those years?

Last edited:
Was her sister a waitress at the Tropicana or am I thinking of someone else?

I would like to know where the AC girls were from. The GB4 were from different areas close to New York. Did the AC girls live in Atlantic City or a city close by.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back