UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
“At a fast food restaurant” makes me think of a drive through. You can imagine the rest. I’m guessing nobody knew it was WC and the police simply hadn’t followed up yet as they receive so many complaints of IE - which is a story in itself.

Maybe when SE went missing they started looking at recent incidents and his car was flagged - and then was also seen on the cctv linked to Sarah’s disappearance.

These are exactly my thoughts too. McDs drive through - which is more likely to be described as a ‘restaurant’ than say a kebab shop might be.

If he wasn’t wearing a disguise, and his colleagues had taken the report more seriously and followed up on it (just my opinion that they didn’t) would they have recognised him from the cctv I wonder? Or is the force so big in London that they’re not likely to know every colleague personally. And perhaps the cctv would not have been clear enough to make a distinct identification anyway.

I’m absolutely not saying this justifies not investigating reports of IE thoroughly - if that had been done in Libby’s case there might have been a better ending too. But it might sadly not have changed things here. He was brazen and escalating. Unless they identified him from the cctv and arrested him I believe it was very much his intention to move on to more risky crimes.

I don’t think the officers are being investigated for not suspending him. I don’t think they investigated it seriously and ascertained it was him in the first place.

MOO.

Members can't state information as fact without a link to support what they are stating.

Please do some homework and find a link to substantiate instead of back and forth "yes they do" and "no they don't". Find a link to support what you state and post it. No link, no post !!

The Rules: Etiquette & Information

When a post contains information stated as fact, it must be supported by a link to a mainstream media or law enforcement source (or other WS approved source) to substantiate the fact, otherwise the post will be removed, along with all responses to it. If the information is your opinion only, please make that clear.

“At a fast food restaurant” makes me think of a drive through. You can imagine the rest. I’m guessing nobody knew it was WC and the police simply hadn’t followed up yet as they receive so many complaints of IE - which is a story in itself.

Maybe when SE went missing they started looking at recent incidents and his car was flagged - and then was also seen on the cctv linked to Sarah’s disappearance.

But he used a hire car ( rented car in 'Murkin language)

Likely because he knew the Mets would easily be able to ID him in his own vehicle.

I want to believe for my own sanity that the investigating officers didn't have enough to continue the investigation. WC would most likely have been in plain clothes (PO are not allowed to wear their uniform visibly when not on duty. Although we don't know he wasn't tbf). If he was inside the takeaway to order and pick up he would have been wearing a mask and therefore too difficult to identify.

Not good enough IMO but still.

I don't want to believe that they knew who he was and did nothing - that is unforgivable. If that's the case the fall out from this is going to be unprecedented.

Agreed, I think during both crimes it’s likely he wore a face mask to conceal his identity. The fact that covering your face at the moment is considered completely normal it has possibly emboldened him to do more daring crimes.

Born in Surrey in 1987, she was the youngest of three children, with older siblings James and Katherine. The family moved to York when Sarah was still young after her father, Jeremy, 67, got a job as professor of electronics at the city's university.

Her mother Sue, 63, worked as a support officer at the Joseph Rowntree Foundation.

The family home was in a quiet cul-de-sac, in the Heslington area of the city and Sarah would often be seen playing in the street with her siblings and other local children.

On Thursday, neighbours who watched her grow up described how they were struggling to come to terms with the tragedy.

One said: "I keep seeing it on TV, that picture of her smiling face and then it hits me each time 'that's Sue and Jeremy's daughter'.

"I keep wondering in my head what I'll say when they come home. But what can you say? This is the worst thing that could possibly happen to anyone.

"Sarah was already living away but I'd see her when she came home to see her parents, I can't stop thinking about what they're going through."

The two other neighbours in the small close, one of whom had known Ms Everard since childhood, were too distressed to comment.

She attended the local comprehensive school where she was remembered as an incredibly likeable and popular girl who excelled at sport and did well academically.

The tragic news of recent days was said to have had a huge impact on the whole school community. Steve Lewis, the headteacher said: "Sarah was a vibrant, caring and much valued member of our school community.

"She left Fulford School in 2005. She is still lovingly remembered by those who taught and knew her. Her joy, intelligence and positive spirit shone within the school. She was a lovely pupil and friend.

"Her family and friends are part of our community and our thoughts and warmest wishes go to all who have been lucky enough to have had her in their lives."

It is no exaggeration to say that the latest news has affected people all over the world.

She was in a relationship with fellow marketing executive Josh Louth and the pair were excited about their future.

Mr Louth was the last person to speak to her on the night she disappeared.

Posting a tribute online, former colleague Holly Morgan, summed up the feelings of so many of her friends: "I had the absolute pleasure of working with and becoming friends with Sarah Everard over the last few years. Truly the kindest, sweetest and most fabulous human.

"I feel so grateful of the time I got to share with her. She was, and continues to be, so loved. My love, thoughts and prayers to her family and loved ones right now. Words cannot express."
Sarah Everard profile: 'Caring and fun-filled' marketing executive attracted friends wherever she went

The PACE clock stops when the arrested person leaves the police station for medical reasons and restarts once the suspect returns to the police station.

In the event that questioning has to continue en route (very select circumstances) then the officer has to contemporaneously record the interview and the times.

In hospital a suspect may only be interviewed with medical consent.
Thank you for clarifying!

I hadn't appreciated that, though just reading up on it now and it makes complete sense.

It still gives him a good excuse to get away from interview, probably his last taste of "freedom". And allows him to take control of the situation.

MOO

what's a PACE clock?

The Police and Criminal Evidence Act (PACE) 1984 legislates for many police procedures, including actions whilst someone is in police custody.

There is time limit on the length that a person can be held in custody without charge. Extensions can be sought for serious offences, as they have in this case. The clock for the time limit starts once the arrested person reaches the police station. This is called the 'relevant' time. It is from this time that the PACE detention limit is calculated.

Last edited:
Sadly another way of considering the indecent exposure charge is it could be a catalyst not a signal of what was to come.

If he knew he was bang to rights it would be life changing. Career gone, wife and family gone (for most people), livelihood gone etc...

A characteristic of sociopaths is they never believe things are their fault. 4 days before so it makes you wonder with his World potentially about to crumble and angry at the World rather then blaming himself did he decide to do something horrific.

As horrific as it sound killers historically have committed horrific crimes as a perceived punishment to society when their life is crumbling

Possibility that he was angered by IE victim reporting and causing problems for him with work and wife and he was holding onto this anger until he found another woman to take it out on.

she’s been bailed to return in April though...does this mean they intend to go further with her charge?

In the UK, bail often just means we don't have enough to charge you with anything but we aren't finished with you yet so don't go anywhere. They may or may not charge her at a later date. Depends what comes to light through their investigations.

These are exactly my thoughts too. McDs drive through - which is more likely to be described as a ‘restaurant’ than say a kebab shop might be.

If he wasn’t wearing a disguise, and his colleagues had taken the report more seriously and followed up on it (just my opinion that they didn’t) would they have recognised him from the cctv I wonder? Or is the force so big in London that they’re not likely to know every colleague personally. And perhaps the cctv would not have been clear enough to make a distinct identification anyway.

I’m absolutely not saying this justifies not investigating reports of IE thoroughly - if that had been done in Libby’s case there might have been a better ending too. But it might sadly not have changed things here. He was brazen and escalating. Unless they identified him from the cctv and arrested him I believe it was very much his intention to move on to more risky crimes.

I don’t think the officers are being investigated for not suspending him. I don’t think they investigated it seriously and ascertained it was him in the first place.

MOO.
A kebab restaurant is still a fast food restaurant FYI.

It’s extremely unlikely they would have recognised him. The Met is like 30 thousand people!

The ring cam footage doesn’t have to be released to the public. The Sainsbury’s cctv was really clear and was the best image to use to jog memories.
Oh I know, just that in some cases it is though of course not all.. but I feel the police were maybe doing or saying things to let him think they really weren’t on to him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla