UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

They were definitely INSIDE the building as they were seen removing items in evidence bags. Whether they were in one or more flats, stairway, hall, electricity room or rubbish chute, we don't know.

<modsnip>
My question is whether they searched a flat as well as his home?

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought that at first but the IE was only a few days before and they may not have known it was him until he became recognised just before his arrest (public information).

It was mentioned earlier that he may have been wearing a mask on the CCTV for the IE or if in a car, it was the number plates linked when they realised who had done the kidnap. Speculation.
Yes. I think at the moment we don't have enough information about this IE accusation to draw any conclusions at all about it, we'll have to wait until we have more information.

as a marauder criminal who travels away from his home base to commit crime WC may have balanced the risk of being identified by someone in the area which he lives as higher risk against densely populated London however the CCTV disproves that now but the timing of a bus could have been unexpected.

Its what Ive been trying to understand myself although that may be difficult because Im not a criminal or sexual predator of any kind...
How much of your actions are premeditated and well thought out vs acting on your sick instinct without any thought for the consequences? The mind boggles.

BBM In my experience (I have worked with child sex offenders for many years) the clear majority of such predators absolutely make a choice to commit their offences. A significant part of their offending is rationalising to themselves why such behaviour is acceptable while knowing full well that it is not acceptable in any way. IMO

I think you can both be correct whilst each seeing it somewhat differently. The brain cannot repair itself when malfunctioning in the way it does in these individuals. The brain serves to interpret itself & external stimuli to produce context. A person with immutable abnormalities consistent with a personality disorder will usually rationalise their behaviour as it’s the only way the brain can operate. Someone who is suffering a temporary change in mental health (such as a manic episode) also rationalises during the episode but may gain clarity & remorse later once recovered. Many cases involve two or more factors: PD and mental illness. Traditionally PDs are seen as unrecoverable and illness is treatable. You can be both sick & deliberate / culpable.

disclaimer: this is all my professionally unverified opinion ;)

Daily Mail keep running same story with mostly repeated info. Couple of new snippets added this morning

Sarah Everard 'murder suspect' 'flashed in London takeaway' THREE days before her disappearance | Daily Mail Online

Daily Mail reporters have been checking out this site again! “Yesterday a CCTV clip showing a woman passenger in a car was being examined.”

Land rover with undercover officers monitoring Couzens home for 2 hours before arrest (though we know he was being monitored for several days before arrest).
“Two officers in an unmarked Land Rover were said to have been watching Couzens' house he shares with his Ukrainian wife Elena in Deal, Kent, for two hours before 20 police sprinted in from around the corner to arrest him six days after his alleged victim vanished”.

“They have been described by friends as a 'very doting couple' with two children who met online around 12 years ago”.

as a marauder criminal who travels away from his home base to commit crime WC may have balanced the risk of being identified by someone in the area which he lives as higher risk against densely populated London however the CCTV disproves that now but the timing of a bus could have been unexpected.

This has taken place just 3.5 miles from his workplace. It is likely he would have traveled through the area frequently. I wouldn't describe that as marauding away from his home base.

Last edited:
Re: ANPR video footage of car showing some activity in the back of the car and driver leaning towards passenger seat:

If he hasn’t knocked her out at this stage she must have realised they’ve now passed Brixton / Tulse Hill and are heading in the wrong direction. Could she have become agitated ?
When I was a teenager a girl went missing in similar circumstances and my mom told me that if I end up in a car and the person seems to be driving off with me with bad intentions I should make them have a car accident by jumping on the wheel.
Maybe she did but WC is stronger and kept the car under control however it could have been caught on another ANPR or someone witnessed a near accident thus leading to investigating the car and driver. JMO.

https://livetrains.co.uk/jamCams/archive/00001.03901/vid/1614808846.mp4

Where this CCTV is is so past her home at this point, she'd have known for a good 10 minutes at the very least that things were not as they should be. From Poynders Court where they believe she was taken to Brixton Water Hill where she should have been dropped off (if he was on the pretence of giving a lift) is no more than 5 minutes drive away - and in the evening in lockdown should only really have taken a few minutes.

Second tent going up front garden
Thanks again for all your on the spot reports. Can you decisively rule out that there was a third car towed from the Couzens house on the night of the arrest. We all saw footage of the two cars (SEAT and Peugeot) being towed the morning after the arrest but there remain questions about this third/hired car. Thanks !

I was trying to reply to an earlier post in thread 7 but everything has moved on! It was in reference to how much police resource has been focused on the case.

I think there's loads yet to come out, but I have a horrible thought. What if the Met threw a lot of resources at this bc they suspected WC pretty early on and knew they were going to have massive questions to answer regarding the IE and how he was still out there with a warrant card. Starts to look less like diligent policing and more like a scrabble to get a quick resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member