Germany Germany - Inga Gehricke, 5, Stendal, Sachsen-Anhalt, 2 May 2015

To be planned it would have to be "planned" by someone that did knew that they were visiting and even so it would be very hard to target little Inga when She was supervised almost all time and even when She did went missing the older daughter of the host should be taking a look over Her. Also nothing happen on WH again like this and also if you look at the Initiative Vermisste Kinder - Initiative Vermisste Kinder - Initiative-Vermisste-Kinder - you will see that currently on Germany there are no other "strange" disapearance with the same profile of little Inga on the same region. This excludes a serial killer like MN (of course that one was already on jail when She went missing).

She did carry the water but she did ask permission to grab wood for the fire at the edge of the forest so it wouldn't be hard to imagine that She did place the water bottles on the ground and started to look for wood on the edge of the forest wandering there alone. She was already helping so She wouldn't want to go away to other place and miss the fire and the food.

You're touching a crucial point, that is when she was last seen.

Father last saw her carrying bottles, so someone must have seen her going to the forest for wood after placing bottles on ground. Who, the children?

A little more information about the residents of Wilhelmshof :

"In addition, the residents pursue their own interests, can drive into town independently, meet residents of other institutions and go on bike rides or walks"

Don't know how many residents WH had, during the disappearance of Inga, but there seems to place for 60 residents, in 5 groups.
Behindertenhilfe – Diakoniewerk Wilhelmshof e.V.

Because of the first search focus and the theory that Inga was lost in the woods, plus, the wood search there, remained fruitless.
Not only that, but local hunters seemed to be very active there, att.

There was no direct investigation or focus to set up roadblocks in the area, its my opinion, that she was snatched by someone, who knew the area there.I see, why many sleuths remain suspicious of the patients in Diakonie WH.

Oh ... We know how many "residents" WH did had on the time little Inga went missing.

Germany - Germany - Inga Gehricke, 5, Stendal, Sachsen-Anhalt, 2 May 2015

The Executive of the center said a barbecue there was nothing special. It has 24 people with drug addiction and 60 people with disabilities spread across five homes, cared for by 30 employees - some of whom live there with their families.

And we know that all of those were checked.

(I'm doing a extensive timeline to submit on my final report to LEA by i can paste something here) :

- 04/05/2015 - Residents and Wilhemshof center caregivers are questioned by police. Sound truck is used calling for Inga. 100 people were questioned. Police start apealing for tips.
- 05/05/2015 - unit housing sex ofenders at 3km away is checked.
- 07/05/2015 - Police consider further possibilities for search.

The mentioned Gästehaus was used by Inga parents that were visiting + friends. If there were to be extra people there they were "logged" and checked as well.

Goes without saying I do believe that IF it was a crime that some of those patients and/or workers could had carried the crime but they would had to be very fast to commit the crime and return to what they were doing prior for someone to notice they were missing as well.

For example if one of the drug addicted guys were to be "away" for 1 hour or so the other guys on the facility would without doubt notice that the one would be gone. In that prespective it would be hard to assume that one could leave with little Inga. But it's hard as well to believe that a "stranger" could walk on those facilities without getting spotted by anyone.

And the main facility do have cameras and security guards... And by norm they keep recording for at least 30 days ....

A "hunter" would be possible as well, someone in the woods, but would of course require that little Inga did get lost in the first place. Then an Hunter would either take her or kill her by accident, like confusing Her movments with a prey if She were to wander to a place deep inside the woods but then again there would be blood and would be harder to "hide" the evidence of crime. On the contrary if little Inga was already on the woods a wolf could drag her for KM like one can see on the tables that i posted some days ago to a place not reachable by humans. If this was a CRIME another way to "hide" the body would be to place it near a know place with wild animals. Thermal scan was used but maybe when they used that it was already to late.

But yes, residents of WH and patients are suspiciouse to me as well, i never discarded that. As i stated many times it was either acidental or someone already on WH or that did had a reason to be there and wouldn't be a "stranger".

Last edited:
Also Diakoniewerk Wilhelmshof has a Gästehaus (of course now closed during pandemic, but open in 2015).

Gästehaus – Diakoniewerk Wilhelmshof e.V.

So there might also be outsiders around.
So I did try to understand by reading about the guesthouse. It's also rentable for non relatives of the patients there?

"Individual guests and families as well as relatives of our residents can come to us and see the offers of the Wilhelmshof community B. Participate in devotions and church services."

Gästehaus – Diakoniewerk Wilhelmshof e.V.

So, imo it's a public place, very easy to access. I wonder if LE did check the renters list on that guesthouse. It was on a Saturday, so many family's spends time together with a full weekend ahead.No clock watching..
Wonder if this was an opportunity crime (wich I believe it was, perfect time for a perp to lurk around , waiting, hoping for an opportunity?)

---—---—-----------------------------------------
Just want to add this too:
The area is freely accessible

There are more interested readings here :
Kriminologin spricht über den Fall Inga

About the person who was interviewed, in this article is
Dr. Bettina Goetze (39), head of the Q118 Institute for Criminal Analysis and Forensic Psychology in Magdeburg, studied psychology, sociology and political science at Otto von Guericke University. The Magdeburg native did her doctorate in the field of infanticide by her own mother and also studied criminology. She co-founded the institute.

The institute specializes in statement analyzes (credibility diagnostics) that meet the requirements of the BGH. The experts also work in the field of crime scene analysis and perpetrator profiling.
—---—-------------------------------------------

About hunters, I did try to digg up any information about hunting rules, all that I could find, is that is less strict then in The Netherlands, so very popular to hunt across borders.
Wich times are allowed to hunt?
Is there a hunting season?
Or all year, around?
Where there any shots heard, that day?
Or shortly after Inga's disappearance?
It's odd that there is so little information or speculation about that. Even the search, did hunters participate in the search, seems like they know "their" hunting grounds so much?

There are no 'hunters' as such. A hunter is someone who is the official caretaker of a forest and thus responsible for culling. A hunter can't just shoot what they want in hunting season, there are strict guidelines. For example, regarding wild boar (which are a pest), a hunter can reduce the number of wild boar in a forest to protect the ecosystem but needs to take strict care. They cannot shoot just any old boar but need to make sure it's not a female with young, the leader of the pack etc etc. So there is usually only one hunter per forest (or part of forest). That requires strict observation and a lot of commitment. It's not just any old person with a hunting license.

Very good article from Dr. Bettina Goetzeput here by WorldWatcher .

Important IMO:

• Aus meiner Sicht wurde das Kind bei einer günstigen Gelegenheit von einer Person angesprochen, die Inga vermutlich kannte – und sei es durch kurze Gespräche auf dem Gelände – und im Anschluss an einen anderen Ort verbracht-
  • Aus meiner Sicht stammt der Täter aus dem sozialen Nahraum. Anders formuliert: Die Wahrscheinlichkeit, dass er einen starken Ortsbezug aufweist, ist viel höher, als dass ein Fremdtäter zufällig auf sein Opfer ausgerechnet auf diesem Areal gestoßen ist.
  • From my point of view, the child was approached at a favorable opportunity by a person Inga probably knew - even if it was through brief conversations on the premises - and then moved to another location.
  • From my point of view, the perpetrator comes from close social circles. In other words: the probability that it has a strong local connection is much higher than that a foreign offender accidentally came across his victim in this area.
Unfortunately:
  • 2015 gab es unser Institut [Institut Q118 für Kriminalanalytik und forensische Psychologie in Magdeburg] auch noch nicht.
  • In 2015 our institute [Q118 Institute for Criminal Analysis and Forensic Psychology in Magdeburg] didn't exist either.

Thank you WorldWatcher, that was such an interesting article.
This bit was particularly interesting:
"
Wenn es nach so vielen Jahren doch noch Zeugen gibt, worauf sollte man achten?

Das größte Gefahrenpotenzial für den Täter war der Moment, wo er das Kind ansprechen musste und es aufforderte, mitzukommen. Falls es tatsächlich Personen gibt, die auffällige Beobachtungen machten und dies nicht gemeldet haben, so kann ich nur dazu ermutigen, sich bei der Polizei oder Staatsanwaltschaft zu melden. Zeugen sollten sich rückbesinnen, welche erwachsene Person sich übermäßig oft in der Nähe des Kindes aufgehalten oder es oft beobachtet hat. Auch das Verhalten nach einer Tat kann eine Rolle spielen. Vorstellbar wäre noch, dass sich niemand gemeldet hat, aus Angst vor einer Falschbezichtigung. In diesem Fall sollten sie sich trotzdem vertraulich an die Behörden wenden."

"If there are still witnesses after so many years, what should one look out for?
The greatest danger potential for the perpetrator was the moment when he had to speak to the child and ask them to come along. If there are actually people who made suspicious observations and did not report them, I can only encourage them to report to the police or the public prosecutor's office. Witnesses should remember which adult was in the vicinity of the child or was watching the child excessively. Behavior after an act can also play a role. It would also be conceivable that nobody came forward for fear of a false accusation. In this case, you should still contact the authorities in confidence."

The way I understand this, is that the case of Inga is still investigated by the same LE department, despite the request of Inga's father that he wanted Criminal Police Office in Magdeburg to take over the case.

It seems that LE took a fresh look at the 2100 tips that came in, after Inga's disappearance.

(01.05.21)
Vermisstenfall Inga: Stendaler Ermittler sichten alte Spuren neu | Stendal

The way I understand this, is that the case of Inga is still investigated by the same LE department, despite the request of Inga's father that he wanted Criminal Police Office in Magdeburg to take over the case.

It seems that LE took a fresh look at the 2100 tips that came in, after Inga's disappearance.

(01.05.21)
Vermisstenfall Inga: Stendaler Ermittler sichten alte Spuren neu | Stendal

Exactly as you stated : -
Stendal remains responsible despite criticism, also old tips are been re-checked.

Thanks for posting this link.

This is what I stated when I arrived here at WS, sometimes it's necessary to drop a stone on stagnated waters and see what does happen, otherwise water will be simply stagnated and nothing new will come out of it,
Maybe if things are checked under other perspectives and by other people something "new" might emerge, if nothing else at least new ideas.

On the link you did posted :

there is currently a “renewed review and evaluation of the existing trace files”

Even if it's no longer possible to get "new data" all of the old data are still lying there in Stendal on those old dossiers of paper. Re-reading all of that, in particular if done by people that were not involved on the initial investigation (SOKO WALD, later called SOKO Inga) might be very productive. There are many statements from many people from WH and even people that were present on the day Inga went missing so comparing all those statements might help to get a better idea of truly did happen or at least get some further "traces" to follow, maybe there are inconsistencies or maybe there are people that were observed by some on different places, or maybe there were people that were not observed by anyone despite the fact they should be at WH, etc...
Again I find this to be very positive.

Also I do think that StA Stendal did the best that they could on the time little Inga went missing and had a very nice attitude recently so I do have great hopes that somehow it's still possible to uncover the truth about what happen on 02/05/2015.

Vermisstenfall Inga: Vater Jens-Uwe Gehricke bekräftigt in Stendal Kritik an Ermittlern | Stendal

Inga's father won't let go. In an interview with the Altmark-Zeitung in Stendal, Jens-Uwe Gehricke calls for more new investigations in different hands. There has been no trace of the girl since May 2015.

Stendal - For six years now, Inga from Schönebeck near Magdeburg seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth. Jens-Uwe Gehricke has come to Wilhelmshof in Altmark for his daughter's birthday and reiterates his demand that everything be reopened. And: For him, the key to solving the mysterious case lies in the region itself. Only recently, the Stendal investigating authorities had defended their work in the AZ. The 52-year-old does not want to resign himself to Inga's disappearance and hopes for the decisive clue that will bring his child back to him.

You were in the Altmark a few days ago, why?

Yes, I was in the Altmark on 18 August, more precisely, in Uchtspringe and at the Wilhelmshof. It was my daughter Inga's 12th birthday and I wanted to think of her on this day exactly where I saw and lived with her for the last time.

What exactly did you do there?
I spread a previously unpublished photo from 2014 of Inga and also brought flowers and a candle. I left this at Wilhelmshof and wished Inga a happy birthday in my thoughts. Furthermore, photos of Inga were distributed and displayed in various places in Uchtspringe, at and in shops and public places such as bus stops, the railway station, at the volunteer fire brigade and even at the prison.

How did people respond to you?
In the shops, of course, the people in charge were asked for permission and there was a great willingness to do so everywhere. So I also had several short conversations with them and the sympathy and the memory of May 2015 impressed me very much.

26940314-an-einem-baum-haengt-ein-bild-der-vermissten-inga-gehricke-3ga7.jpg

Inga's father knows from his own experience that after Inga disappeared, everything humanly possible and impossible was done to find her. He is very grateful for that and has great respect for the work done by the investigating authorities there. But the state of the investigation as it appears to him today is still that of 2017. He hopes that the State Police in Magdeburg will take over the case from the Police in Stendahl and that a fresh look will lead to answers in the many questions that remain open.

What role could the category of time and the much-invoked 'Commissioner Chance' play in this case?
After such a long time, I don't believe in solving the case by chance. And plenty of time has passed.

Where do you currently see points where the investigators should start?
I don't believe in the great unknown. I can't imagine anyone coming to the seclusion of Wilhelmshof to kidnap a child. The number of people who knew at the time that we were spending 2 May 2015 at Wilhelmshof is quite small. And the number of people who knew that we were staying until dinner, even though we originally wanted to be back home for dinner, is much smaller again. I think that Inga's disappearance is more interwoven with Wilhelmshof than it appears.

Most recently, in an interview with "Stern" about a year ago, you did not rule out an accident that was covered up, nor a kidnapping, a sexual offence or some other act of violence. To what extent has this picture changed?
I still think all of these things are possible. But the fact that nothing has been found of Inga in more than six years, not even anything accidental, makes me think more and more that she is still out there somewhere.

If your daughter is still somewhere in the region, what could really help?

That there is someone in the region who dares to reveal something he has been hiding.

Unlike Inga's mother, you assumed the worst early on. How much does your family finally need certainty and what are you hoping and counting on?
Uncertainty is the worst thing and I've been living with it for so long now. Sometimes I ask myself how I actually manage. But I am not alone and I am very grateful for that. I also hope that this interview will remind people that Inga's disappearance has not yet been solved, and that public interest will help to clarify the situation. I have asked a criminologist from Saxony-Anhalt for help and have been in very good contact with her for some time. She too is of the opinion that there is no unknown perpetrator here. Let me quote her at this point: "Since the time window of Inga's removal was extremely short, a prior degree of planning by persons who were already on the scene cannot be ruled out."

At one glance - the case of Inga:
Five-year-old Inga from the Salzland district disappeared on 2 May 2015 during a family outing at the Diakoniewerk Wilhelmshof. At least 1000 police officers, firefighters and helpers searched for the child. Entire forest areas around Wilhelmshof, which belongs to the Stendal village of Uchtspringe, were combed. Helicopters flew up and loudspeaker trucks drove around the area. The manhunt was nationwide and Europe-wide. There was great sympathy in the Altmark and beyond. Over the years, the police received more than 2100 tips, but there was no breakthrough. In the spring of 2021, the investigating authorities said that the available evidence files would be reviewed and evaluated again.

BBM

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie