UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
but how hard is it to run a number plate? Could have taken 2 minutes and saved a life.

Yes, they may have run a PNC check and obtained a registered keepers name and address.

They may or may not be current details, although it is an offence not to notify DVLA of a change of registered keeper (RK). The vehicle may have been registered in EC's name even though WC may have been the owner (RK and owner are different legally). The owner/RK may have been another individual/company but WC had permission and insurance to drive the vehicle.

So identifying a possible suspect just from keeper details may not be so straightforward.

A witness statement from the victim would be required, CCTV evidence secured, potential forensic evidence secured and also further intelligence checks and possibly look to identify other offences involving same vehicle, similar offender MO, similar offender description, same locality before approaching the RK.

Approaching the RK gives rise to other decisions and if the RK is outside the Met Police area then that often adds additional hurdles of asking another force to conduct initial enquiries at the address.

I think it unkikely that RK background checks are carried out routinely against a database of police officers/police staff.

So it's a process that may take a while and whilst IE is a distressing crime, it is very common and therefore may not have been acted upon with the urgency we wished it had been.

Recognition of IE as a crime that left unchecked can escalate into more serious offences may now be recognised more fully and the murders of Libby Squire and Sarah Everard may be a force for change.

Last edited:
Forensics in blue and white suits and stick pole things still at back of property, now moving away from property walking normally not the slow methodical sweeping they did earlier, moving across field towards freeman's way exit, no one else on field

Oh dear its sounds like they've moved the press on.

Are we reading to much in to the referrals? I thought that because he is police it’s standard practice for them to refer themselves for independent investigation to be transparent and check things have been done correctly/make sure process improvements are made. The referrals in themselves don’t mean the police have made mistakes, that’s what the investigation is set up to determine

Absolutely.
We don’t know that the report of indecent exposure was handled incorrectly.
WC was arrested on suspicion of an indecent exposure offence and it transpires the alleged offence occurred 3 days before SE disappeared - this doesn’t mean that police immediately had the suspect in their sights & failed to act with suspension or arrest.

With hindsight & the knowledge that the offences are linked, it is reasonable to ask whether progress in the investigation of offence 1(IE) could have prevented offence 2(kidnap). The investigation will look at the priority assigned to the reported crime & whether policies & procedures were followed within documented timescale targets. The targets are likely to reflect multiple crimes having to be juggled simultaneously rather than there being enough manpower to have people dedicated to one crime exclusively.

Rest In Peace Sarah, this should have never happened to you. I'm so sorry for her and her closest family and friends, what an awful, despicable and evil thing to have happened. All I hope is her legacy can ensure something like this won't happen again

RIP beautiful lady. Fly high . I’m so sorry that one of my supposed Police family has done this to you ( allegedly ), and the one member of society, who you should be able to trust with your life, as their sole purpose as office of constable is the protection of life. God bless you and your family. My sincere condolences

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member