Identified! SC - Norway, Body found in freezer at abandoned "haunted" house. Jan'21 - Robert Fuller

Sorry for the serial posts, but does anyone else think the portrait may have a pipe in its mouth? The angle of the lips, and if you enlarge, I can sort of make out something? Puff of smoke? Perhaps I am filing in too many details....

Yes I do. I noticed the lips were asymmetrical enough, especially the lower lip, that even though we can't see clearly it looks to me like the figure is depicted smoking -- whether pipe, cigar or cigarette I couldn't say. I did a bunch of google searches the other day for various keywords such as smoking tattoo etc but found nothing useful.

Yes, I agree we need to widen out the focus. Where would we look for someone who loves tattoos and has the money for a nice one?

I agree that the killer must be local for the reasons you mention. It would likely be someone who knew about the freezer. I’m sure LE is checking out the renter who left it there. The victim is either local or possibly visited the killer IMO.

Looking at the picture closely, it’s very dark in the area you mention, almost like degraded skin? It covers up the hair. (I copied the photo from a news article and edited the size).

View attachment 288322

Is the lower right (as we face it) of the face lighter colored due to decomposition or something, or has it only been sketched in and waiting to be finished?

Sorry for the serial posts, but does anyone else think the portrait may have a pipe in its mouth? The angle of the lips, and if you enlarge, I can sort of make out something? Puff of smoke? Perhaps I am filing in too many details....

I thought it looked like a cigarette dangling from his lips, but it could be a pipe stem.

I really really personally doubt the UID was filipino.

May I ask your reasoning for the doubt? We don’t have much to go on yet, so I personally think it’s sixes, as far as race goes.
Small add on about the tattoo.
It looks like the portrait tattoo covers to some degree the Life-preserver tattoo. It could be background work or a partial cover up job?

I do not think it is a rising sun BTW. There are hints of an anchor (or arrow) there. Which would not fit with the sun idea.

I agree. I was thinking that too - that the topmost part (life preserver/sun) looked a little older/faded almost as if this face was a cover-up. I do know some tattoo shops will do discounted or free cover-ups for people.

Another possibility for affording nicer quality tattoos and the odd juxtaposition could be this person offered to model/be a practice subject. A friend of mine did this when we were young in order to get a really large, intricate tattoo she wanted but was a bit more than she could afford.

We do have to keep in mind too, this is simply a photograph of skin - the body of which had, upon photographs, already entered the beginning stages of decomposition - the tattoo being wonky or variegated could easily be due to lividity.

So, was DNA testing ever mentioned? Or is this another case of having to wait to be able to run a DNA. His body sounds as if there is enough remaining tissue to do it.
MOO JMO

One would hope LE would do that, except I believe it’s expensive. So at least preserve something to test at some point. Families are always encouraged to have their DNA on file (with NamUS?) so a possible missing person can be matched to them.

So, was DNA testing ever mentioned? Or is this another case of having to wait to be able to run a DNA. His body sounds as if there is enough remaining tissue to do it.
MOO JMO

Just kidding, but I think they released the picture of the tattoo so we could be entertained investigating that while they go about their investigation with the DNA and whatever else they need to do

Simply because Filipino was just brought up because the tattoo looks a bit like a Filipino sun but can be a bunch of other things (buoy, Native sun symbol and I am sure many other possibilities).
While of course it is possible that the UID was Filipino, other heritages may be possible. Filipinos live worldwide and have sizeable communities but I would not be so dead set on that hypothesis. Statistically it is a million times more likely the UID is not Filipino than Filipino. Maybe I am a bit biased here because ive just seen how cases are derailed sometimes for decades because of ethnicity hypothesis. The Sumter Does could have been identified much earlier, had nobody brought up the French Canada thesis and also the Argentina connection. Same with Jolaine Hemmy, she was believed to be Mexican, while she was a small town white girl from Salina.
That is why I am so cautious to jump on the Filipino theory.
Yes, we are amateur sleuths and LE probably wont care about our theories and of course you have to start somewhere, but personally I would love to have more information on the UID before id jump down a rabbithole.
I mean that is just me and you are of course free to pursue the Filipino theory. :)

May I ask your reasoning for the doubt? We don’t have much to go on yet, so I personally think it’s sixes, as far as race goes.

I agree. I was thinking that too - that the topmost part (life preserver/sun) looked a little older/faded almost as if this face was a cover-up. I do know some tattoo shops will do discounted or free cover-ups for people.

We do have to keep in mind too, this is simply a photograph of skin - the body of which had, upon photographs, already entered the beginning stages of decomposition - the tattoo being wonky or variegated could easily be due to lividity.

Right, I agree. The only bit I find unusual is the position of the lifebuoy, or whatever the round object is.

Also, when I enlarge the face, and stare at it some more, I am getting hints of a beard. Possibly just the pixelation/image quality, but I wonder?

Just noting this missing person. His clothing does not match, and location is not spot on, but I found it interesting that he vanished from a tattoo party in Ohio. He was from Michigan. I'm going to see if I can find any additional information about him.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Edited: He is African American, and I do not know if this would rule him out?

Last edited:
This case is also interesting. Young man disappeared in 2019 from Lexington North Carolina, and his roommates also did at same time. They later returned and claim they last saw him at home. Hmmm? He is still missing. Multiple tattoos on his arms, but all are not visible.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I had looked into him before. There's no info or photos I can find of any right shoulder tattoo(s).

He also has a WS thread here:
NC - NC - Daniel Price (found: Christopher Burgess, & Natasha Myers),adults, Davidson County, 23 Jan 2019
and also more photos and links here:
Daniel Allan Price – The Charley Project

I looked at the guy with the back tat and grandfather a bit more (I think? unless I am confusing two people?) If you dig a bit more, you will fin pics of both and they do not match these tats.

Oh awesome!! Glad you found images. I found a lot of pages did not let me view due to mye location. That puts him off the list at least.

Is the smoking gypsy still a popular tattoo to get these days? I do think the man tattoed is either smoking, blowing smoke, or have something between his lips.

Last edited:
I had looked into him before. There's no info or photos I can find of any right shoulder tattoo(s).

He also has a WS thread here:
NC - NC - Daniel Price (found: Christopher Burgess, & Natasha Myers),adults, Davidson County, 23 Jan 2019
and also more photos and links here:
Daniel Allan Price – The Charley Project

I found a comment with more details from his sister on a Facebook post to a news station, but unfortunately it did not include additional details about his tattoos. The photos are all rather unclear too, except for the "Zuri" one on one forearm. Unfortunate, since the placing of his tattoos are all somewhat random and might be similar to this UID if the UIDs are not appearing thus do to postmortem conditions. (What I mean is I could see Daniel having a face, and then a "lifebuoy", and then something else, based on the distribution/pattern of his tats. He doesn't seem to have a sleeve.)

Edited: What doesn't fit with Daniel are the clothes. He is more Carhartt than Gucci.

Last edited:
Here's an idea about the tattoo. Could it be the face of Khun Sa? He was a notorious military leader and drug lord in the Golden Triangle, at one time estimated to control more than half the world's opium and heroin trade. He was, and perhaps still is, considered a folk hero in parts of Myanmar, and possibly Thailand. He was photographed many times with a cigarette or cigar. Attached are some images of him at various ages.

Khun Sa
upload_2021-3-14_10-36-16.png

Here's an idea about the tattoo. Could it be the face of Khun Sa? He was a notorious military leader and drug lord in the Golden Triangle, at one time estimated to control more than half the world's opium and heroin trade. He was, and perhaps still is, considered a folk hero in parts of Myanmar, and possibly Thailand. He was photographed many times with a cigarette or cigar. Attached are some images of him at various ages.

Khun Sa
View attachment 288694

Fascinating! The tattoo is a good likeness, if it’s meant to be Kuhn Sa. How did you happen to discover this? Some kind of facial recognition software?

Last edited:
Fascinating! The tattoo is a good likeness, if it’s meant to be Kuhn Sa. How did you happen to discover this? Some kind of facial recognition software?
No fancy software, just sleuthing and Google'ing. I wondered if the face might be that of a well known gangster or drug lord. Delving further into this, I found a tattoo shop in the Golden Triangle that has done numerous Kuhn Sa face tattoos. မနုဿ Tattoo

Their tattoos don't look quite the same as that on the UID, but that at least suggests tattoos of Kuhn Sa are being requested still even several years after his death. Apparently tattoos are a rite of passage in the Shan state of Myanmar where he was from. What the social or political ramifications of having his face on your arm are, I have no idea. History and politics are crazy complicated there and Myanmar's currently in great turmoil.

If the face is indeed that of Kuhn Sa, maybe the UID was originally from there or had affiliations with a gang associated with that region. I suppose maybe he could even have been part of Kuhn Sa's Mong Tai Army, although that would probably put him a good bit older than we were thinking from the clothes. The Army of 20k surrendered in 1996.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress