Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know a motorbike is a motorcycle right?
Yes... I’ve never owned one or tried putting it in the back of a car but seems that’s impossible from other people it was just an idea as to how he may have travelled home after burning the Astra which one poster mentioned was a possibility. Moo

I feel so sorry for Sarah’s family, friends and boyfriend. What kind of person would do this - WC has young children of his own and is in the Police. I am lost for words. So many people devastated, broken by what has happened. If the Police marked car caught the Astra on camera and tracked it, why did it take so long to arrest him?

Sarah Everard’s body found in builder’s bag, court told
A post-mortem examination has taken place but no cause of death was given in court.

At around 9.35pm, a bus camera captured two figures on Poynders Road and a white Vauxhall Astra with its hazard lights flashing.

Another bus camera captured the same car with both front doors open.

The registration of the vehicle – later confirmed to be a car hired in Dover – was captured and tracked by police as it left London towards Kent.

On Saturday, the court heard Couzens is a trained firearms officer.

He was due back at work on March 8 but on March 5 he reported that he was suffering from stress.

On March 6 he emailed his supervisor to say he did not want to carry a firearm anymore.

How come only this Scottish paper has all the info?

White Vauxhall Astra. That was/wasn't car at lights on the Tfl camera then? Did anyone here see the Astra?

Could he have used a car trailer for the motor bike and builder’s bag? (and live kidnap victim only in car) moo jmo

Maybe there is a part missing in the report that says he started a 12 hour shift on 2 March at 7pm then went on leave (presumably at 7am on 3 March). Earlier reports state he did a relief shift at the embassy on 3 March 2pm to 7pm, possibly he was covering therefore for a colleague whilst he was meant to be on leave. But... that would mean only 7 hours between shifts and doing a day shift straight after a night shift would mean very little, if any, sleep. Also, working time regulations means it may not be allowed in many jobs, let alone in a job as an armed officer. Jmo.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, I'm behind on the thread after taking a break.

Could the email about not wanting a firearm be premeditated, he knew what he was about to do and it forms part of his defence? Of course it could be genuine that he realised he was a risk to himself and others, but surely he would have drove straight home that night in that case?? MOO

So, after he’d emailed his superior requesting to no longer carry a weapon ... did he then return to work prior to arrest?
Seems like he was off work from the 5th March going by the article.

When he emailed to say he didn’t want to carry a gun anymore, did he do this knowing the net was closing in I wonder so he can ‘claim’ he was not in a fit state of mind.

Yes I think this could be a possibility. I'm on the fence with WC. His demeanour in court could be one of two things : This was not premeditated murder but rather a rape gone wrong. The other possibility is it was premeditated and is he is a complete psychopath. This could all be an act to get away with murder by insanity.

I wouldnt be entirely shocked if he's linked to other missing women.

Just thinking... if both passenger and driver side doors of the car were open, does that suggest Sarah got in his car willingly? I’m trying to think of various scenarios which would have both doors open.

It's interesting, unless she got in willingly how did he make her stay in the car? It must have seemed a totally safe thing to do

JMO

I feel so sorry for Sarah’s family, friends and boyfriend. What kind of person would do this - WC has young children of his own and is in the Police. I am lost for words. So many people devastated, broken by what has happened. If the Police marked car caught the Astra on camera and tracked it, why did it take so long to arrest him?
I think they mean tracked him through ANPR after they discovered she was missing.

Likely not. When you buy bottles of concentrated acid, they are almost always in glass, as the acid does not damage glass, but acid will corrode plastic. Lye is the opposite - it is a base, and it is almost always stored in plastic, as it damages glass, but not some types of plastic. But, I am not sure what type of synthetic material the bags are made of, so I cannot tell for certain.

eta: I have just read further and found that builders bags are mainly polypropylene and I can attest that is the type of plastic most usually used with hydroxides (lye) so it would most likely be impermeable.
He may have used lime to scorch the body. Lime + water = slaked lime. Lime doesn't destroy plastic

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, I'm behind on the thread after taking a break.

Could the email about not wanting a firearm be premeditated, he knew what he was about to do and it forms part of his defence? Of course it could be genuine that he realised he was a risk to himself and others, but surely he would have drove straight home that night in that case?? MOO
The email was sent on 6th March, 3 days after SE was kidnapped. We don’t know exactly what had happened to her / her body by the 6th but he had allegedly already kidnapped her by then....

Another observation though... was he asked to do the relief shift when he finished at 7 so thought he may as well stay in london as he already had the hire car, or did he return to Deal then hire the car from Dover and drive back to London? In which case he will have had no sleep. Hope to god he isn't going to claim as part of his defence that he was sleep deprived and delusional and they to pin that on his superiors. Jmo.moo. somebody flag that up if I'm not supposed to post it please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam