Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do umarked police cars in the UK have flashing emergency lights like they do in the US?

Do we know how long he had the hire car? I can't seem to find any confirmation as to whether he had it for awhile or just recently rented it. Can a leased car also be called a hire car?

yes unmarked police cars do have flashing lights and are usually switched on when following a dangerous driver, and in my experience tend to be dark cars JMO

I man who has chosen to kidnap a lone woman from the street isn’t thinking up a way to entice her into his car IMO. He stops, grabs her by force and drives away. This idea he thinks up breaking Covid rules is nonsensical IMO

Stops, leaves his door open so he can quickly jump back in, opens passenger door, bundles her in, runs round and drives off. Done in 15 seconds.

Apart from so much can go wrong with this plan. As a woman If I see two car doors open then I’m crossing over the road before I get anywhere near that car as it’s totally suspicious.

Also your way means she has a chance to struggled and scream which straight away alerts anybody in the vicinity.

This guy isn’t moronic as he had rented a car for this purpose.

MOO

Fraud and force makes me wonder if he approached SE asked for the time, directions if she could make a call for him because he forgot his phone, (the fraud) whatever- SE obliged or was going to help or turn away, then ambushed and thrown into the vehicle (the force).
Complete speculation.imo.

The charge sheet doesn't make any mention of using fraud to get her into the car. It specifically states she was forced.

One or more questioned earlier today about what he did to body...

Getting back to that, they haven't been able to determine how she died, presumably he wanted to avoid any DNA traces of him, plus whether rape was involved.

They didn't say it was

"A post-mortem examination has taken place but no cause of death was given in court."

You've said violent crimes against men are committed by other men, then the vast majority of men. It can't be both! And it's actually the latter. Women do commit violent crimes against men; Joanna Dennehy for starters. And let's not forget the outrage at Lavinia Woodward getting a suspended sentence for stabbing her boyfriend.

I’m talking trends here, not individual cases. Of course women can commit violent crimes too. But statistically, it’s MUCH more likely to be a man.
A 10 second google search brought me this:

2011 arrest data from the FBI:[52]

• Males constituted 98.9% of those arrested for forcible rape[52]
  • Males constituted 87.9% of those arrested for robbery[52]
  • Males constituted 85.0% of those arrested for burglary[52]
  • Males constituted 83.0% of those arrested for arson.[52]
  • Males constituted 81.7% of those arrested for vandalism.[52]
  • Males constituted 81.5% of those arrested for motor-vehicle theft.[52]
  • Males constituted 79.7% of those arrested for offenses against family and children.[52]
  • Males constituted 77.8% of those arrested for aggravated assault[52]

One or more questioned earlier today about what he did to body...

Getting back to that, they haven't been able to determine how she died, presumably he wanted to avoid any DNA traces of him, plus whether rape was involved.

Have the autopsy results been released? If not how do you know they don’t know how she died?

According to court reports from today, he called in sick on the 5th March with stress. So he can't have already been on sick leave, otherwise why would he call in sick. I see no reason to doubt the reports from today's court appearance - his last day at work was 2nd March, then he was due to be on leave until the 8th March, but called in sick on the 5th March.

For some jobs you would call in sick each day. Or maybe he left work early on 2nd through illness and didn't have another shift until 5th, so he called in again then. Moo

Somebody posted the charge sheet earlier, read out in court and quoted by the media who were there today, in which it said Sarah was kidnapped "by force," i.e. not by fraud. Does anybody have the link to that? That would seem to definitively rule out any talk of WC using Covid-rules, broken down car, asking to use her phone, etc etc etc, and point to him physically just forcing her into the car.

His charge sheet alleges he "unlawfully and by force took or carried away Sarah Everard against her will". He also faces a charge of murder.
Police officer accused of abducting and murdering Sarah Everard appears in court

Now that I think about it, another thing that could have occurred is that he deliberately drove into the kerb near her and she stopped to see if he was ok. Could explain the interest in the forensics on the kerb. He could also then be apologetic and offer a lift home. Just MOO

It's also possible that he had stopped by the kerb without any premeditation as he was "having a problem", and that SE opened the door out of concern/compassion having no inkling about the "too far gone"ness of his state of mind. He might be in some state of delusion and something terrible happens immediately. He has to get out his side of the car to shut the other door, leaving his door open. Just a possibility, not saying I actually believe this. There's just too much open to speculation, I'm not even sure I should have written this reply !!

He may have done something very unusual and hard to predict. I find this case especially disturbing. For example the passenger door been caught on cctv open could be her attempting to get out and hes pulling her back in. Who knows

IMO - or as S E was walking past the car W C got out of the car by passenger side jumped behind her grabbed her from behind put his hand over her mouth opened his driving side door put S E in the passenger seat handcuffed her, then turned her phone off or destroyed it? then shut the car doors quickly then drove off ?

I don’t think there was any deception. I think he pulled over, opened the passenger door, opened his door, grabbed Sarah (maybe with a knife), and pushed her in the car. A large man can overpower a small woman very easily, whether we like that or not. All he needs is 30 seconds between cars driving by.

That’s why this is so scary. Because it doesn’t matter how smart or prepared you are if people can get attacked on busy city streets. The COVID arguing is so dumb when it misses the point. London is not supposed to be some dangerous city where people are stolen off the street.

I think as a matter of law, she could have got into the car voluntarily (eg for a lift home (not saying this happened)) but he drives past her area, she asks him to stop, he doesn’t, I think that at that point the criminal act starts - the “force” element would be the use of a car the victim can’t escape from. In my view, Just because a victim does one voluntary act, doesn’t mean that the criminal act can’t start at another related point.
Not sure why CPS didn’t throw in and/or fraud for good measure.... THAT is a good indication IMO that evidence collected at Poynders Court indicated a struggle
EDIT: this is entirely speculative. Thoughts from criminal lawyers welcomed on the charging formula used.

First time I’ve posted here, but I’ve been on websleuths since 2017 and haven’t felt the need to post as most of my theories/ questions etc have been answered by others.

but thought I’d add this into the mix with regard to how WC could have influence as a police officer.

my SO is in law enforcement and though they are required to leave their jacket, cuffs etc as they go off shift, they do come home in their combat trousers, boots and shirt with or without epaulettes (my SO generally covers this with his own jacket) but it would be quite easy for WC to be identified as a legitimate police officer in his reduced uniform and with aid of his warrant card.

as has been stated previously, unmarked cars are common here in the UK so it would be understandable that he may have had enough about him visually to give SE cause to pause and hear him out for whatever reason.

I have been stopped personally to query my activity by police (but in marked cars and uniform) while walking home from the station during Covid. But explained and moved on very easily. I don’t think it’s silly to assume that at that time of night, SE would stop and engage with a perceived PO that questioned her. Though how he would coerce her into the car is a different question. Unless he said something to the effect of “you shouldn’t be walking alone, jump in and I’ll give you a lift home” that wouldn’t be out of sorts, my 3 housemates and I (all of similar age to SE have been offered lifts by police on at least one occasion, granted they were uniformed and in official vehicles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail