Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
A man who has chosen to kidnap a lone woman from the street isn’t thinking up a way to entice her into his car IMO. He stops, grabs her by force and drives away. This idea he thinks up breaking Covid rules is nonsensical IMO

Stops, leaves his door open so he can quickly jump back in, opens passenger door, bundles her in, runs round and drives off. Done in 15 seconds.

I didn’t see your post before I posted but this is exactly what I was thinking too. This happens exactly like this in high crime cities around the world.

A man who has chosen to kidnap a lone woman from the street isn’t thinking up a way to entice her into his car IMO. He stops, grabs her by force and drives away. This idea he thinks up breaking Covid rules is nonsensical IMO

Stops, leaves his door open so he can quickly jump back in, opens passenger door, bundles her in, runs round and drives off. Done in 15 seconds.

Not sure I agree with that. If a car pulled up rapidly alongside a female alone at night I envisage they would run. Likewise if walking towards a car and someone suspicious suddenly appeared they would run. In either scenario you are getting a head start more so if they have to stop and get out a car and apparently she was a runner, wearing trainers and had no bags.

No one knows but enticing someone close enough to grab could be possible

I’ve just googled the road and there do seem to be many buildings opposite which have communal halls and stairways. This does make me uncomfortable...

Can I just say please that this is hugely disrespectful to another member on here whose posts have been a) invaluable and b( relevant.

If you wish to think this, that is your choice but this is a place for sleuthing suspects and having something relevant to say - not sleuthing other members

Hazard lights flashing? Has that been reported by the Met police?

Was in this article: Timeline of Sarah Everard’s disappearance

“She calls her boyfriend and stays on the phone to him for around 14 minutes, a court hearing on March 13 of the man accused of her kidnap and murder is told.

She is captured alone on CCTV at 9.15pm, caught again alone on a camera at 9.28pm, and later caught alone on the camera of a marked police car at 9.32pm.

At around 9.35pm, a bus camera captures two figures on Poynders Road and a white Vauxhall Astra with its hazard lights flashing.

Another bus camera captures the same car with both front doors open.

The registration of the vehicle – later confirmed to be a car hired in Dover – is captured and tracked by police as it leaves London towards Kent.”

Random thought, Astra’s are one of the most common Borough squad cars in the U.K. White has both the psychology of a police car and would be an obvious colour for an unmarked.

Goes without saying a hire car would be new.

If you wanted to spin a yarn about being an undercover policeman on duty along with some other items like a warrant card you probably couldn’t get a more convincing car then a new white Astra. Probably looks far more plausible then pulling up in a 12 year old Land Rover discovery. And if trying to not spook someone perception is vital

May be purely coincidental. And probably have only so much choice with a hire company.

Usual caveat that no one has been found guilty of anything
Why would you get into a car that has broken down? I guess he used another excuse.

According to court reports from today, he called in sick on the 5th March with stress. So he can't have already been on sick leave, otherwise why would he call in sick. I see no reason to doubt the reports from today's court appearance - his last day at work was 2nd March, then he was due to be on leave until the 8th March, but called in sick on the 5th March.

And to add, I completely believe what was said in court, there's no question of that. I just think we have interpreted the wording differently.

For some jobs you would call in sick each day. Or maybe he left work early on 2nd through illness and didn't have another shift until 5th, so he called in again then. Moo

I work in the public sector. As far as I know, in all jobs in the public sector (ie. council, prisons, schools, local government) you phone in sick and then you're off sick until you inform the employer that you're ready to return to work. Your manager has a duty to call you every couple of weeks or so, and after a certain length of time Occ Health will get involved, but that's all.

There was a case in in Ireland where a girl was kidnapped and murdered, Jastine Valdez was her name, and she was bundled into a car at the side of the road. So it can happen

I think this is what had stunned so many...the fact that on a busy London main road/bus route this could actually happen:( When you also consider that a marked police car drove by her 3 minutes before a bus camera picked up the stopped Astra and 2 figures.

Last edited:
I can't believe that he hadn't been following her for awhile, perhaps since she was walking along the same A205 on the Common. I am doubtful he was just driving along and suddenly in a rush saw her and decided she was the one.

Neither have we heard whether he was parked there on the road BEFORE she got to him, have we? Only seeing the car and the doors open on one cam, and two figures on another. Could he have been in Poynders Court before and was driving out when he perhaps saw her, or maybe knocked her off balance as he was - maybe been drinking? If she had hurt herself she might have been more immobile and easier to get in car too.

All just speculation.

I guess it depends where you live then, as none of that feels very familiar to me. It must be awful to live your life in fear like that.

Thankfully for the majority of people who attended the vigil this evening, it was a positive and reflective moment for Sarah.

I don't think the fear needs to be overt. How many times have you decided not to walk a particular way, or get a taxi, or arrange to come home with someone else? We do all these behaviour mods to protect ourselves which leads back to fear or another term perception of risk. Those risks largely come from particular men.

but the charge is by force doesn’t mention by fraud?

Force was my thought but l got instantly shouted down last night. I agree that could include being held.

Also I mentioned yesterday I thought the police seemed to be spending a lot more time than you would expect in his house as you wouldn't think SE was ever in the house. After seeing @LeopardLeotard post about the police questions then I think they must have an idea that she did indeed end up in the house at some point. Surely not? Seems like a mad idea unless WC's wife and kids had spent a night or two elsewhere at the time?
I think they are looking for evidence for this and potentially other crimes that he may have hidden in his house.

For eg, her phone is missing.
For some jobs you would call in sick each day. Or maybe he left work early on 2nd through illness and didn't have another shift until 5th, so he called in again then. Moo
I wonder, can you call in sick when on leave, so you use up a sick day, not a leave day. Possibly extends the leave?

Funnily enough the other week I found mine that I was given at uni in 1992. Still works. Nearly gave me a heart attack and it was me pulling the pin!

Better these days to have one of this panic guard mobile apps that have been talked about on various threads recently. Though I'm not sure it would have helped Sarah if her phone was disabled/thrown/taken off her immediately.
LOl Yours sounds more modern - mine was the size of a can of hairspray with a push button. I still have it ;)

Maybe he did.

But why choose such a public place? If he was just intent on getting a random, London is a very big place. No need to choose a very busy thoroughfare to 'bundle' someone into a car.
Because he wanted to then and now. Have you asked yourself why he would expose himself to two different women at a McDonald's driving his own car where he should have know that he and his car would be caught on CCTV. He does not think when he wants to display himself.

Not sure I agree with that. If a car pulled up rapidly alongside a female alone at night I envisage they would run. Likewise if walking towards a car and someone suspicious suddenly appeared they would run. In either scenario you are getting a head start more so if they have to stop and get out a car and apparently she was a runner, wearing trainers and had no bags.

No one knows but enticing someone close enough to grab could be possible

I can tell you right now that is not always the case. In strange scenarios your instincts don't always immediately kick in - you may be baffled as to why the car has stopped so suddenly and that's all your assailant needs. I doubt Sarah was expecting this to happen and so she may have been startled and her instinct to run delayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail