Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not an Astra. You can tell because the rear side windows go to a point at the bottom in this photo. An Astra rear side windows go to a point at the top.
new-vauxhall-astra.png

Thanks @TheEditor . Could you take a look at these please and tell me if any of these are an Astra?

SOURCE: Google Maps

Attachments

• ABDD8384-47AE-4B85-B3DC-1FE3AF7523C8.jpeg
    ABDD8384-47AE-4B85-B3DC-1FE3AF7523C8.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 122
Unlikely to be GPS of the kidnap vehicle , because it seems like they tracked all the cars locations quickly , so this must be other data or information , or someones talking or saw something .

IMo
Just trying to clarify re cars:

- His 2 normal cars that were taken from outside his own house would not IMO have tracking on them, they are just regular home cars.
- The hired Astra if it was hired from any of the big hire companies AVIS/Eurocar would definitely have tracking on them to protect their assets. I'm pretty sure smaller garages would have tracking too?
- I am also pretty certain that if you hired a car and were involved in a crime in that car the Police would be able to identify the hirer/driver very quickly via vehicle reg check then database from hire company.

The other thing slightly related is the phone tracking. If you power off your iPhone (and I'm assuming Android is the same) you cannot be tracked by ether GPS or phone masts. If you have the Apple feature 'Find My Phone' turned on it will show you last known time and date if you log into iCloud from another device, I'm pretty certain I'm correct on this.

WC must have taken her phone and turned it off rapidly after whatever happened in Clapham. I doubt he would have thrown the phone down a drain there he would have disposed of it later, he's a police officer he would know all this I'm sure.

I'm baffled why he would have done what he did in a hire car.

Just my thoughts.

Also thank you to the courageous lady who has been kind enough to post information from across the road its been really interesting reading this, much appreciated.

JMO

Police release footage taken from a private doorbell-type camera showing Ms Everard walking alone along the A205 Poynders Road towards Tulse Hill, south of Brixton. It is unclear if she reached home.

Sarah Everard disappearance: What we know so far

[FONT=Indy Serif, serif]I never saw this doorbell footage of Sarah.. did anyone else? Only one I recall is her going in Sainsbury's [/FONT]

No it hasn't been released. IMO could be because <modsnip: sub-judice> the footage and it's going to be used as evidence?

I know the idea that they might have known each other has been discussed and it’s said that they didn’t, but I can’t shake the feeling that they might have. Otherwise it just seems such an unlikely scenario that things seemingly went the way they did.

One thing I came up with was a gym acquaintancy. I know gyms are shut right now, but something previous. They both were I assume pretty into fitness.

Do MET police have a free gym in London I wondered? Or would they use a public one as SE might have also?

The reality is that it’s almost impossible to prove a negative. There could be a hundred unlikely ways that they could have known each other, although I would imagine the police have investigated and ruled out so many of them that they have felt it safe to say that they weren’t known to each other. But I know what you mean about a feeling that they might have. MOO.

Afternoon, Wednesday 10 March

Scotland Yard confirms the police officer arrested over Ms Everard’s disappearance has been arrested on suspicion of murder.

How did they know she was dead before they found her remains? Had he admitted he killed her when being questioned? Or did they find some evidence to confirm she was dead? She wasn't positively identified until Friday..

He may not have necessarily spoken. IMO it’s highly unlikely. Police can charge for murder with circumstantial evidence even without a body. Bernadette Walkers body hasn’t been found but her step fathers trial starts in June for her murder.

There’s some interesting points on it here.
April Jones: Murder trials without a body

IMO, WC seemed desperate to disassociate himself from a firearm and I first wondered if he'd abducted SE at gunpoint or perhaps even shot her. However, the more I read about him, I think his emails were WC coming down from a manic episode. I'm anxious to learn more about his medical/mental history during the last 3-6 months especially. MOO

That is a possibility - personally I feel a bit more cynical that he only started dissociating from firearms and talking about stress when there was a huge amount of media and a murder hunt on.

Afternoon, Wednesday 10 March

Scotland Yard confirms the police officer arrested over Ms Everard’s disappearance has been arrested on suspicion of murder.

How did they know she was dead before they found her remains? Had he admitted he killed her when being questioned? Or did they find some evidence to confirm she was dead? She wasn't positively identified until Friday..

Perhaps other sleuthers will know what sort of evidence you would need to arrest on suspicion of murder

Just wanted to raise the issue of the hire care = premeditation.
It seems to.

But equally, previous posters have discussed the difficulty of hiring cars without appropriate paperwork nowadays. Last time I hired a van, I had to submit my DL details online, also a Gov.uk code that the hirer could view my DVLA record.

We should remember that once police had the Astra number plate, they were able to move quickly, so he has, IMO, hired it in his own name or that of a close family member.
So he's not really made himself any less traceable for Sarah's murder, ultimately, than using his own vehicle.

So why use a hire car? Well, if regularly committing 'lesser' offences such as IE, perhaps LE see the database says 'Hire Car' when reviewing these and give up, without ever requesting info from the hire company (WC would know?)

Also to add, I feel EC is completely innocent, JMO, she may have gave him an alibi in the sense of 'he left for, and returned from work on X,Y,Z day', because she genuinely believed that.

Also to add, the only other thing I can link with Hire Car (if not Hertz, Europcar etc), is a garage courtesy car? But even then I can't see how this was arranged in a way that he thought he was making himself untraceable, as to do that you'd have leave a car with them for service/repair in exchange for the courtesy car,and that would have to be registered to a fake ID?
MOO

I wondered with hire car if he was going to burn it and claim it was stolen, thereby giving an explanation to any subsequent linkage between him and car.... this was all unravelled when the abduction became headline news and there wasn’t time JMO and speculation

Going back a few posts to the window/claims that he was seen throwing something out of the window just prior to his arrest - would this explain the forensics tent, in addition to the one in front of the door. Originally it was believed to be obscuring the front window but seems that it was now there to preserver/gather evidence as to what was thrown out of the window.

Any forensic experts? If something, for example, an SD card, phone or object was found on the ground would a tent be erected for the purposes of sweeping the area where it landed? Would this indicate that it was an object that potentially held SE DNA? IMO

Do we know if they are still searching his home address/surrounding area?

Fridd Ln
Google Maps

This image from Google maps is a bridge crossing the river stour very near to the deposition site in Ashford

View attachment 288761

Could he have either told them, or they’re guessing he dropped her phone or other items in the river there. They’ve worked out with time/distance/weather where the evidence is likely to have ended up and that’s why they’re searching where they’re searching now?

I think this is an important point that often gets overlooked. ID by dental records doesn't mean they could only identify by those records.

A poster from several threads ago said that dental record ID might be preferable to the slower DNA ID methods or asking Family/Friends to go through the traumatic experience of identifying SE visually. I think the poster said that LE may still use Dental records even after a Family visually ID a body.

In this day and age, it's imperative to use something other than a visual identification for a decendent in a murder case.

Fingerprints are a first-line method, but if the decedent hasn't had fingerprints entered into an offical registry, or if the fingerpads are damaged, it's not applicable.

Dental records are reliable, if the decedent has had recent dental imaging. It's much faster than it used to be with the widespread use of digital dental imaging.

DNA, of course, is the gold standard, but if the decedent doesn't have available parents, siblings, children or if they are not related to either parent or children (adoptions, for example) it's not helpful.

Just because they say dental records used, you can't assume that other methods were not also used, nor should you infer anything about the state of the victim when found.

Could you get a motorbike that far in? Bike and trailer? I believe he had both in his garage that were taken away by police..

I'd have to see the aerial pictures again to judge, but from what I recall the tent looked to be in the middle of quite a dense area of trees. Not to say there aren't trails to be used of course.

I'd have thought the noise from a motorbike might attract unwanted attention to the area though.

It’s all just so utterly heartbreaking. I can’t get it out of my head, how scared she must have been, I just can’t. Sarah, rip you will get justice xx
What bothers me is if she was conscious during the car journey out of London - she lived alone - no one would miss her that night, no-one was going to ring and check she was home safely - she must have known she would not have been missed until the next day, and no help would be coming. Terrible. Poor darling, RIP

Does your SO think it is likely then that even if ID’d for the IE that the Met LE would have basically just slapped him on the wrist and let him carry on working? ie this shows they don’t take IE seriously. But that being let off maybe emboldened him to continue (and then this went wrong).
If he had been identified then this is going to be a mega culture war over the way police treated one of their own for something that escalated in such a devastating way.

I prefer to imagine it just wasn’t high priority (it was reported online so took a while to be processed - maybe they got that it was a was hire car but was then going to take longer to trace the driver etc etc). But that because he wasn’t contacted, and isn’t frontline investigator who knew about likely timelines he THOUGHT he had gotten away with it. So felt v smart with himself. So carried on.

All above supposition/JMO.

That is unknown as to what would have happened but I believe legal types on here said he would have been suspended. It's also unknown why there was a time delay re the IE incidents, but the Police are overloaded and maybe don't prioritise a report that is not urgent/life or death situation. I wonder how many reports of IE they get every day. It was only actually about 3 days between the alleged IE and the kidnap. But it's why the Met have referred themselves to Independent watchdog to look into how this was dealt with. Someone else earlier also said that the IE may have alerted them to who the kidnapper was as the two number plates being the same would have triggered something on the computer - so the fact the IE was actually logged (presumably) did help IMO, speculation, MOO.

I have lived in Deal My whole life and didn't know that so my guess is WC didn't either and would assume like I thought that's its fast flowing throughout

It’s possible, though it doesn’t look fast flowing. There’s been some work done to clear it in recent months and remove some of the organic matter. At the moment, it’s clear, but in warmer weather it ends up covered in green algae, which is what kills the fish.
The next section on The Butts up to the cricket ground entrance is much the same. Past that, it’s much clearer and you can see the flow.

The SD card they apparently recovered may have contained proof.
That feature of geolocating your pictures can be turned off on an iPhone under Location/Privacy.
Unlike iPhones I think some Android phones have an SD card slot that you can insert an SD card into and then choose to save media/photos to as well as the phone's internal hardrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288