Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have lived in Deal My whole life and didn't know that so my guess is WC didn't either and would assume like I thought that's its fast flowing throughout

It’s possible, though it doesn’t look fast flowing. There’s been some work done to clear it in recent months and remove some of the organic matter. At the moment, it’s clear, but in warmer weather it ends up covered in green algae, which is what kills the fish.
The next section on The Butts up to the cricket ground entrance is much the same. Past that, it’s much clearer and you can see the flow.

Desilting works announced after dead fish found in water

I keep being drawn back to the car hire situation. I appreciate it’s not really achieving anything to speculate where he hired from, I guess I’m just wondering why he hired a car.

Bear with me here!

Because he hired it in Dover part of me wonders if he’s able to sort of ‘borrow’ a car on a more informal basis from ex work contacts.

Now, I know Europcar / Hertz / Enterprise are a definite NO there. Too big. Too national. But this interests me ...

“During the 70s, BCB evolved again and expanded into vehicle body repairs from Kenning Car Hire Dover and then the Canterbury and Gillingham depots. It also became an MOT testing station until May 2015.” snipped from the KentOnline article about his dads garage closing down. (SOURCE: End of road as garage doors close for last time)

So I did some digging into ‘Kenning Car Hire’. It no longer exists, but the address came up (SOURCE: Screenshot from here https://dover.cylex-uk.co.uk/company/kenning-car---van-rental-18784121.html)

Then I took a look at GoogleMaps to see what’s in its place. And what do you know .. a new car hire place called CMW. SOURCE: screenshotted on google maps

I’m no expert on car makes and models, but would any of our vehicle experts care to take a look at the forecourt and confirm whether one of these cars fits the description of white Vauxhall Astra? Google Maps

I did see that mentioned before and nearly mentioned it myself, but was a bit wary as didn't the subjudice info say we shouldn't look into the alleged perpetrator's past? Mod post a couple of threads ago at the start of the thread. If that's the case then it is perhaps possible to say - alleged perpetrator may have had personal connections in the car hire business etc?

The scope and scale of the ongoing investigation given he has already been charged and they presumably already have substantial evidence in order to do so seems weird to me - why are they still searching lakes and woodland in dry suits? And now new sites in Sandwich. As well as continuing searches in the tunnels, near the house and at the garage. I don't want to jump to the conclusion of this being bigger than just Sarah, but it seems a bit odd.

Fridd Ln
Google Maps

This image from Google maps is a bridge crossing the river stour very near to the deposition site in Ashford

View attachment 288761
Interesting - the address of the woodland search was given as Fridd Lane at one point

eta link:
Kentish Express (@KentishExpress) tweeted at 12:51 pm on Fri, Mar 12, 2021:
Not far from the leisure complex, police are continuing to search woodland in Fridd Lane, close to the railway line. This is the view from Sparrow Hatch Lane #SarahEverard
https://t.co/zi2BVZqZZN
(https://twitter.com/KentishExpress/status/1370356833311932417?s=03)

Last edited:
The reality is that it’s almost impossible to prove a negative. There could be a hundred unlikely ways that they could have known each other, although I would imagine the police have investigated and ruled out so many of them that they have felt it safe to say that they weren’t known to each other. But I know what you mean about a feeling that they might have. MOO.
I don't think they did know each other. WC had already shown his sexually deviant nature a few days previously by exposing himself in a drive through Mc Donalds.

upload_2021-3-14_17-10-51.jpeg
Officers have been seen combing along the pathway and have set up a command base in the Guildhall car park in the town centre.

KentOnline reporter Sean Axtell, who is at the scene, said: "Half the Guildhall car park is cordoned off and there are about six police officers there.

There's two police vans, this cordon runs a good 50 metres, with the entrance to the Rope Walk blocked off.

At the garage end it's about 20 metres wide towards the water.

"I'm told police raced down and were seen arriving on blue lights and have not been letting anyone through.

"One officer is guarding the entrance from the town.

There's at least 14 officers here and that's just on the public side of the cordon.

"There's a small separate cordon taping off a large recycling bin next to the Guildhall car park."

"There's no movement around the entrances, all is still.

The council statement read: "Sandwich Town Council is in contact with Kent Police on behalf of the Metropolitan Police in relation to ongoing investigations associated to the murder of Sarah Everard.”

"The police have cordoned off the Rope Walk between Malcolm Waites Garage/Cow Leas Meadow all the way through the town."
Waterside path and recycling bin cordoned off in Sarah search

- The hired Astra if it was hired from any of the big hire companies AVIS/Eurocar would definitely have tracking on them to protect their assets. I'm pretty sure smaller garages would have tracking too?

Several years ago I got speaking to a employee at a major UK/European Hire Car company. He said that a lot of cars are "stolen" (the hirer doesn't pay or return the car at the agreed time). He said that a lot of cars do not have tracking and they rely on ANPR to pick up the "stolen" cars.

Not to say this Hire Car didn't have tracking, it may have done if newer. Perhaps it's the norm nowadays.

JMO I imagine that the Police and Local Government have been trawling CCTV cameras in the area for certain car(s) or Number Plate for the relevant days and have recently come across something that has drawn them to this new area.

As an aside, it's interesting that they haven't asked people to check their Dashcams for footage of a White Astra Reg Number XXXX *advertiser censored*. Perhaps they have enough info already without needing public help.

Yes I did. Thank you. I thought everyone had to, reports from other court cases have described the accused wearing a mask so was surprised to see in the sketches that WC wasn't
I don't think defendants or witnesses have to wear masks; witnesses so as the jury can see all facial expressions etc.

The scope and scale of the ongoing investigation given he has already been charged and they presumably already have substantial evidence in order to do so seems weird to me - why are they still searching lakes and woodland in dry suits? And now new sites in Sandwich. As well as continuing searches in the tunnels, near the house and at the garage. I don't want to jump to the conclusion of this being bigger than just Sarah, but it seems a bit odd.
Does anyone know if something would have been said had they suspected of this being more than one potential case he's involved in?

I'm personally of the opinion that he may have moved around a lot between the presumed date of death and being arrested. Plus, it is a jury who would be deciding this so it is best for the police to have all the evidence possible collected rather than leaving ends loose

I'm sorry if this was already answered, but how do we know both front doors of his car were open and the hazard lights were on?

I don't have the link but you're find all the information in the timeline and media thread. I see that lots of new members are asking "basic" questions for want of a better word, the best way to familiarise yourself with all the details is that thread, it is really comprehensive and will catch you up

Why do people think it’s got a sinister side to him hiring a car?

It’s not like he hired it with fake ID and whether he used his own car or a rental the results are the same. He was easily traced as it was in his name and traceable.

Surely this had to be the spur of the moment decision because it was so poorly planned. Nothing at all about this crime screams professional. MOO

View attachment 288763
Officers have been seen combing along the pathway and have set up a command base in the Guildhall car park in the town centre.

KentOnline reporter Sean Axtell, who is at the scene, said: "Half the Guildhall car park is cordoned off and there are about six police officers there.

There's two police vans, this cordon runs a good 50 metres, with the entrance to the Rope Walk blocked off.

"I'm told police raced down and were seen arriving on blue lights and have not been letting anyone through.

There's at least 14 officers here and that's just on the public side of the cordon.

"There's a small separate cordon taping off a large recycling bin next to the Guildhall car park."

The council statement read: "Sandwich Town Council is in contact with Kent Police on behalf of the Metropolitan Police in relation to ongoing investigations associated to the murder of Sarah Everard.”

"The police have cordoned off the Rope Walk between Malcolm Waites Garage/Cow Leas Meadow all the way through the town."

Sorry to sound gruesome, but do you think that they might have found body parts or potentially another body?

View attachment 288763

Sorry to sound gruesome, but do you think that they might have found body parts or potentially another body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam