Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t imagine her entering the car on him producing a badge alone. He was in an unmarked car and any one of us would be very weary before this of getting into a car even if a badge was produced.

This is the big unanswered question I hope we get answers for. He must have incapacitated or threatened her.

With all the discussion regarding the abduction I thought it would be worth mentioning the case of Joseph McCann - he was able to kidnap a number of women, some even during the day. His MO was threatening the women with a knife into to compliance.

Joseph McCann trial: ‘serial rapist’ targeted victims aged 11 to 71, court told

Yes being in fear of your life is enough really, that and the car then being locked, it would be terrifying.
I was just thinking of that case myself. With the new site they are searching I'm wondering if he drove to multiple assault sites. I seem to remember McCann was taking drugs and drove all over the country. The difference here would be that it was just Sarah in the car.

I am local to the Clapham / Brixton area and have been doing a lot of thinking about how SE could have ended up in the car. I have walked, driven and cycled up that road numerous times so something that was troubling me was the accused’s ability to stop in a single lane of traffic with both car doors open for an extended period of time. There is enough regular traffic even at night to draw a lot of attention to something like that, especially with hazards on. I was having another look at where the forensics team were focused and the surroundings of Poynders Court. There is a small road that forms a U around the back of Poynders Court with an entry and exit that then comes back onto the main road (the curb is dipped here to make it easier to re-enter). Is it possible the accused went round the back and then actually stopped on the pavement itself (at a 90 degree angle to the direction of the road)? This wouldn’t disrupt traffic and having two front doors open would block the view from the road. He could have either seen SE as he was driving along and went ahead or used this spot as a vantage / watching point as he could have stayed quite far back off the pavement and moved forward easily if needed. The railing and area of curb there was a lot of forensic attention on would also be on the passenger side of the car so would make sense if there was a scuffle on that side. I’m not sure yet how much of the kidnapping included force or coercion but IMO the positioning of the car like this would make sense. JMO

Police cordon off flats in search for missing woman Sarah Everard

In the hypothetical event that the accused is found guilty and the person questioned under the charge of ‘assisting an offender’ is released without charge next month .. what happens to the house in which they were living?

Is there any scenario which would see her and the kids move back in there? Or would they be moved elsewhere and the house put on the market?

enviro400-final-image-01.jpg
It also doesn't say the car was on Poynders Road. That's why I asked inter alia in a previous post if anyone knows how wide angle bus cams are

And also, now I think about , where on the bus they are sited - are they positioned over the doors looking sideways over the pavement, to capture images of those getting on/off, and potentially also capturing stretches of pavement?
There are cameras all over the bus internally. A lot of London buses also have the tv screen behind were the driver sits which shows you a real time recording of what the front of the bus/driver sees.
MOO

I include the below link for picture source which shows a diagram of all the locations a camera may be.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT BUS CCTV

I am local to the Clapham / Brixton area and have been doing a lot of thinking about how SE could have ended up in the car. I have walked, driven and cycled up that road numerous times so something that was troubling me was the accused’s ability to stop in a single lane of traffic with both car doors open for an extended period of time. There is enough regular traffic even at night to draw a lot of attention to something like that, especially with hazards on. I was having another look at where the forensics team were focused and the surroundings of Poynders Court. There is a small road that forms a U around the back of Poynders Court with an entry and exit that then comes back onto the main road (the curb is dipped here to make it easier to re-enter). Is it possible the accused went round the back and then actually stopped on the pavement itself (at a 90 degree angle to the direction of the road)? This wouldn’t disrupt traffic and having two front doors open would block the view from the road. He could have either seen SE as he was driving along and went ahead or used this spot as a vantage / watching point as he could have stayed quite far back off the pavement and moved forward easily if needed. The railing and area of curb there was a lot of forensic attention on would also be on the passenger side of the car so would make sense if there was a scuffle on that side. I’m not sure yet how much of the kidnapping included force or coercion but IMO the positioning of the car like this would make sense. JMO

Good point. We have all assumed the car was pulled in at the side of the road but as many others have mentioned its a busy road (possible red route?)- and although the car has been seen on CCTV its position hasn't been divulged, so it could have been across the pavement as you say

I think the sandwich search is for discarded evidence. He was off work as we know, he could have suggested a family outing.

I dont believe the wife is knowingly involved. I'm pretty sure she would not have been bailed if this was the case. Bernadette Walkers parents are both remanded in custody. One charged with murder and the other with perverting the course of justice.

In the hypothetical event that the accused is found guilty and the person questioned under the charge of ‘assisting an offender’ is released without charge next month .. what happens to the house in which they were living?

Is there any scenario which would see her and the kids move back in there? Or would they be moved elsewhere and the house put on the market?

The Police couldn't force her to do anything at that point if the house is no longer a crime scene they need control of and she is no longer on bail. If we assume they have the house on a mortgage then she's entitled to live there. I'm sure they might give her advice on being targetted but up to her what she does.

I think it is important carts do not get before horses!

At the moment the following are true. The person is question was released on police bail, and is apparently suspected of ‘assisting an offender’. The house is currently under the short term control of Law Enforcement for forensic analysis.

The accused and the suspect remain the owners of the house. Once forensic analysis is completed, the house will be returned to the possession of the suspect. What she does will be up to her and the accused.

There was a delay with the buses cctv/dashcams I believe.. i have seen it reported somewhere. As the depot is closed at weekends they had to wait until Monday 8th.. which explains why everything moved so fast after that time. .. if someone can find that report I'd be grateful

TFL doesn’t own the camera footage which may have added to the delay. Per their website:

“Any CCTV on London buses is the responsibility of the company that runs that particular service or route. If you require access to images of yourself recorded by a CCTV camera inside a bus you should contact the company who operates that particular bus route.”

CCTV & surveillance cameras

Yes - Maybe not ON the actual road but in a drive or laybye area?

Just re the suspect's wife: rather than speculating about any involvement, however slight, I'm looking at it in terms of what the police *needed,* They have a high-profile case involving one of their own. They can't leave any stone unturned. They will need to interview the wife asap. They need free rein of the house. If they immediately arrest the wife "on suspicion" they can take her to a formal interview, the house is clear, and they have double leverage. Leverage on her via threat of charges. Leverage on him via concen for his wife & also being able to hint she's giving valuable information and to cut off his denials.

I believe the arrest was tactical and not keyed to any actual information they already had about what she knew or did. I believe they're simply continuing the pressure by keeping potential charges hanging over her head.

TFL doesn’t own the camera footage which may have added to the delay. Per their website:

“Any CCTV on London buses is the responsibility of the company that runs that particular service or route. If you require access to images of yourself recorded by a CCTV camera inside a bus you should contact the company who operates that particular bus route.”

CCTV & surveillance cameras

You'd thing though that these are fairly common requests the Met make to the bus companies and they'd know who exactly to contact for that bus company - I guess if they don't reveal the crime it is in relation to then an employee there might not exactly be rushing to do that certain job.

the car being positioned at that angle makes so much more sense

You'd thing though that these are fairly common requests the Met make to the bus companies and they'd know who exactly to contact for that bus company - I guess if they don't reveal the crime it is in relation to then an employee there might not exactly be rushing to do that certain job.
I’m thinking more the process of putting in the request and that it has to be administered by a person adding to the delay. I know some councils administer a charge for cctv footage (not to the police but for individual requests) because it takes manpower MOO

edit to add: nothing is instantaneous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member