Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
So two figures on the Poynders road and then the car so one can assume that the car was on Poynders road where the two people were.

Why would it mean anything different?

Because it could be just off Poynders Road, in one of the driveways to the flats. Still visible to some passing cameras (depending on how there were angle and how wide the view) but not stopped on a single carriageway no-stopping red route that has a stream of passing vehicles, where it would be conspicuous.

Also IMO it would be easier and quicker to shove her off the pavement and then deal with getting her into a car, then it would be to get her into a car that's potentially going to be seen any second by the next car along

Just seems odd/off to me as I had literally never even clocked what a builder's bag was until I googled it after she was found. I live in an apartment in a city so maybe I'm just not very observant!

Edit: So seems odd to me that's what she was found in and he coincidentally has access to them when doesn't work in the building trade

The house opposite me currently has 5 builders bags on their driveway, full of sand/stone and so on. They are commonly used, you don't need to be in the building trade to acquire them - simply ordering a large amount of garden stones or similar would usually be delivered in builders bags.

So two figures on the Poynders road and then the car so one can assume that the car was on Poynders road where the two people were. Why would it mean anything different?

If you look the way the path/driveways for Poynders Court are on Google Streetview it means that whereas before everyone thought the MSM meant literally stopped in the road so buses/cars need to go around it and drawing attention, the photos show it could mean up on the pavement parallel to the road, or even as previously said with the car looking as if getting ready to drive onto the main road. The path way is double width with driveway paving and dipped kerbs - so cars stopped on it would not look so out of place.

With 2 open doors in the Astra and no proof that she was in the front, it would be unusual with an abduction

Is there any chance he had an accomplice and it was them who had been in the front seat not her? And she was put in the boot or something

Plus as police officers work in pairs it would be more convincing for her

Finally caught up!
Just a thought in regards to the arrest of EC, would it be possible that she in fact had contacted the police herself? Perhaps the accused has been acting strangely, saying things, commenting on the case etc, and coupled with something like ‘can you say I was at home if anyone asks, can you wash these muddy clothes’ or similar, this has raised alarm bells to her? I assume if she had done any of these things she would still have to be arrested and questioned for assisting an offender? JMO and speculation.

Good point

Some kind of staged urgent police operation would make much more sense to me. A plain clothes "officer" in an unmarked car doing spot checks about current covid restrictions just doesn't seem plausible to me. I would always assume (perhaps incorrectly) that an alledged police officer in plain clothes and an unmarked car would be higher ranking than regular patrol officers in uniform, driving marked police cars and therefore their remit on the street would be slightly different and more likely to be in relation to serious crime. Just my own opinion and I could be completely wrong in that assumption.

I like this line of speculation - further speculation: he tells her there's about to be a raid, and for her safety would she please step over to the police car and wait with his (wholly invented) colleague. By the time she realises there isn't a colleague it's too late. Investigators building the case against the accused do not have the evidence to stand this up as part of the charge, so instead go with force (however she ended up in to the car, force was used to prevent her leaving it). JMO, and not sure how hazard lights would fit in

There has been a fair bit of speculation that the accused might have taken her to the old family garage in Dover. Personally I don’t believe that to be the case.

Firstly, police spent very little time searching at that location.

Secondly, somebody here (forgive me I can’t recall who) posted a video of the ‘garage’. It’s far from a garage now. It’s essentially a graffitied shell. A derelict concrete block with nothing inside.

That isn’t to say it wouldn’t suit the accused to have such a space available. But that, combined with the small and short searches there, lead me to think it isn’t of significance.

JMO

The hazard light thing is interesting if the car was indeed parked at a 90 degree angle to the road as if it was exiting the driveway. From the perspective of someone on the pavement walking towards the car they would only see one side of the car so only one set of indicators flashing and would just assume the car was indicating to exit the driveway. In that situation hazards wouldn’t serve any purpose wrt presenting a story to the victim. They would only be apparent to anyone passing by that might be suspicious of a car pulling out of a drive but not moving. Perhaps the passing police car a few minutes earlier caused him to realise he needed to look less suspicious just sitting there.
JMO

I’ve been thinking about vehicles with hazards on today as there was one on my road as I did the school run. During the day it’s not uncommon to see them slung on or half on the pavement making parcel deliveries for the various delivery companies, of an evening I would (maybe naively) assume they were delivering a take away, especially given that all the restaurants are shut, I would probably cast a glance at it but no more than that, so would trigger feelings of being unsafe.

I think hazard lights are often used just to signify that someone has stopped their vehicle where it’s not really supposed to be stopped. As you say delivery vehicles on double yellows and that kind of thing. I wouldn’t think anything of seeing a car with hazard lights on if it were stopped on a red route.

If you look the way the path/driveways for Poynders Court are on Google Streetview it means that whereas before everyone thought the MSM meant literally stopped in the road so buses/cars need to go around it, the photos show it could mean up on the pavement parallel to the road, or even as previously said with the car looking as if getting ready to drive onto the main road. The path way is double width with a dipped kerb for the driveways.
And I think people are less likely to pay attention to car thats parked off the road than stopped on the road disrupting traffic.. you might not even register it if you walked past

I like this line of speculation - further speculation: he tells her there's about to be a raid, and for her safety would be please step over to the police car and wait with his (wholly invented) colleague. By the time she realises there isn't a colleague it's too late. Investigators building the case against the accused do not have the evidence to stand thus up as part of the charge, so instead go with force (however she ended up in to the car, force was used to prevent her leaving it). JMO, and not sure how hazard lights would fit in

Another one which might explain the doors open. He claims there has been a serious crime down the street and needs to speak to her and after a short chat could she return to the station with him to give a witness statement. Could say Croydon is his station which would start to give him an excuse to drive out of London.

Just seems odd/off to me as I had literally never even clocked what a builder's bag was until I googled it after she was found. I live in an apartment in a city so maybe I'm just not very observant!

Edit: So seems odd to me that's what she was found in and he coincidentally has access to them when doesn't work in the building trade
You can buy them at any B&Q (Home depot for the American folks) I have 2 that I purchased for clearing my garden.

If you order sand etc from a building merchants for work you do (patio / driveway / house renovations work etc) they usually deliver it to you in one of those bags and lift it onto your drive/front garden, maybe suspect had one from a previous delivery.

Because it could be just off Poynders Road, in one of the driveways to the flats. Still visible to some passing cameras (depending on how there were angle and how wide the view) but not stopped on a single carriageway no-stopping red route that has a stream of passing vehicles, where it would be conspicuous.

Also IMO it would be easier and quicker to shove her off the pavement and then deal with getting her into a car, then it would be to get her into a car that's potentially going to be seen any second by the next car along

But then why would that not be stated in the records we heard the other day. If parked off road then that would be stated and it’s not been.

how exactly does two figures on Poynders road point to him having parked off the street?

This happened in a matter of minutes and he doesn’t know the area. He doesn’t know where she lives either so he drives past her and probably pulls over a minute up the road. He quickly formulates a plan of action and makes sure nobody else is about and engages with her in some way hence the hazards.

If he had pulled off the road he wouldn’t need the hazard lights either as that simply draws attention to the fact he has stopped.

IMO

If you order sand etc from a building merchants for work you do (patio / driveway / house renovations work etc) they usually deliver it to you in one of those and lift it onto your drive/front garden, maybe suspect had one from a previous delivery.

We keep one because it's handy for taking garden stuff to the tip without ruining the inside of the car.

Edit: If this is the case he might be in trouble because could be remenants of soil or leaves that match back to his home.

Hi,

Sorry, so just got back from walk.

No activity anywhere along the river - just being guarded - BUT Devon & Cornwall marine diving unit just arrived and parked in Guildhall car park.

Malcolm Waite garage still running and open - no cordon. The cordon runs behind the garage around the field behind.

Coop still open, people in and out but whole car park cordoned off with police van at entrance. Fingertip search being done.

Sarah Everard: What will happen at Wayne Couzens' next court appearance

Why did he appear at a magistrates’ court?
Suspects charged with a serious crime, namely an indictable-only offence, cannot be tried by magistrates. The inevitable question has been asked, therefore, why Couzens appeared at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Friday.

All criminal cases begin at magistrates’ court regardless of the seriousness of the crime. This first appearance at a court is known as a preliminary hearing.

What will happen at the Old Bailey?
Couzens is listed to appear at the Central Criminal Court, known as the Old Bailey, on Tuesday.

A defendant whose case is sent to a Crown Court will be asked to plead guilty or not guilty to each charge on their indictment.

It is often the case, though, that a defendant is not arraigned at their first Crown Court appearance. In this instance, a future date will be set for a plea and trial preparation hearing (PTPH).

What will happen at Wayne Couzens' next court appearance in Sarah Everard case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member