Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Sorry, so just got back from walk.

No activity anywhere along the river - just being guarded - BUT Devon & Cornwall marine diving unit just arrived and parked in Guildhall car park.

Malcolm Waite garage still running and open - no cordon. The cordon runs behind the garage around the field behind.

Coop still open, people in and out but whole car park cordoned off with police van at entrance. Fingertip search being done.

Great update thank you! Did it look as though those clothing / recycling bins are of significant interest? Or were they not something you could see?

Just seems odd/off to me as I had literally never even clocked what a builder's bag was until I googled it after she was found. I live in an apartment in a city so maybe I'm just not very observant!

Edit: So seems odd to me that's what she was found in and he coincidentally has access to them when doesn't work in the building trade

I've got two in my shed that I use to clear leaves and garden clippings. They can be very useful and are everywhere. I haven't had any building work done, and cannot even remember how I got them.. they are so omnipresent.

(Lost the quote but this was in response to Angleterre’s post re CCTV).

Agree. I have an ongoing argument with my partner about the route I choose to walk home from the bus to my house.

I have always chosen the, in his eyes, “creepy” road that runs alongside Brixton Prison which is deserted at night. He thinks I shouldn’t go down it. But I chose it very specifically because it is very publicly and obviously covered by cctv. The alternative is a walk alongside the main road and quieter side streets for longer but crucially with no CCTV. I choose the more direct route because of the CCTV (he takes this route now too - but then he never really gave this a thought before we discussed it! I am v happy with the cameras all over this city. It is what makes me feel safer.)

The house opposite me currently has 5 builders bags on their driveway, full of sand/stone and so on. They are commonly used, you don't need to be in the building trade to acquire them - simply ordering a large amount of garden stones or similar would usually be delivered in builders bags.
I don’t find it odd either. I’m sure the police will be able to investigate how many were originally delivered and if there is any unaccounted for.

how exactly does two figures on Poynders road point to him having parked off the street?

People tended to assume that the location of the car was stated in court as being on Poynders Road, but that was not quite what was said (the people were on Poynders Road, and buses caught a car on their cams)

It could have been on the road, we are simply speculating that it wasn't.

There's nothing AFAIK in the public domain to say how well the accused knew the area

But then why would that not be stated in the records we heard the other day. If parked off road then that would be stated and it’s not been.
how exactly does two figures on Poynders road point to him having parked off the street?
This happened in a matter of minutes and he doesn’t know the area. He doesn’t know where she lives either so he drives past her and probably pulls over a minute up the road. He quickly formulates a plan of action and makes sure nobody else is about and engages with her in some way hence the hazards.
If he had pulled off the road he wouldn’t need the hazard lights either as that simply draws attention to the fact he has stopped.
IMO

There is a lot of detail missing and the MSM probably can only report the most basic of info (they aren't writing for WS just Joe Public) - I personally can't see a car stopping on a red route in the road with hazard lights on and leaving the driver's door open especially if he had noticed the police car go by. Yes you'd think hazard lights might raise attention, but also it might make people think he has stopped quickly for a legitimate reason especially as he may have been off the road, but still not in a place where you are meant to stop - those driveways would be just for entry / exit.

Devon & Cornwall marine diving unit just arrived and parked in Guildhall car park.

Whaaat? Devon and Cornwall is the otherside of the country from Kent?! Surely there must have been a closer police force with one? And surely Kent Police has it's own Diving & Marine unit!? The county is surrounded by sea with many lakes and rivers! How weird. Maybe the Kent ones are still busy elsewhere....

But then why would that not be stated in the records we heard the other day. If parked off road then that would be stated and it’s not been.

This happened in a matter of minutes and he doesn’t know the area. He doesn’t know where she lives either so he drives past her and probably pulls over a minute up the road. He quickly formulates a plan of action and makes sure nobody else is about and engages with her in some way hence the hazards.

If he had pulled off the road he wouldn’t need the hazard lights either as that simply draws attention to the fact he has stopped.

IMO

Not if he simply pulled off the main road (flowing traffic, not wide enough for 2 cars to pass each other with another one in the road with the doors open, but hazards on parked on the pavement or across the entrance to Poynders Court would make sense as the car is still blocking another path).

Someone mentioned here a photo could auto upload to the cloud but mine is set up to do that and never does it straight away sadly.

He may have also stopped off on the way and raped and killed her before he got to his destination. 2 hours is a long time to drive with her in the car alive and conscious

That is a really good point! If SE had an iPhone. If any family member knew her Apple ID password they could sign in on iCloud and see - photos - last location of phone registered. Depending on how it is set up I believe it can show a last location right up to the battery going dead even if switched off.

Could he have tracked her via an app?, Snapchat etc, could he have been watching her but she did not know him, re fast food incident, could this have been his hunting ground, I don't understand Snapchat tbh (and I am only referring to it in regards to this post, I am not trying to get that convo started again!!)
Isn't there something that you have to switch off so that you are not visable to other Snapchat uses otherwise you come up on map in app?

IMO
I think I can answer this. The prosecutor was asked by the Magistrate to provide a summary, so therefore a detailed account did not need to be given.

"Chief Magistrate Paul Goldspring asked prosecutor Zoe Martin to give a brief summary “given the nature of the case and the interest”."
Sarah Everard’s body found in builder’s bag, court told

That is a really good point! If SE had an iPhone. If any family member knew her Apple ID password they could sign in on iCloud and see - photos - last location of phone registered. Depending on how it is set up I believe it can show a last location right up to the battery going dead even if switched off.

The accuracy of the find my iPhone app is a bit touch and go. When I used to to find mine in the past it had it on a street I hadn’t even walked down(2 roads away from where I eventually located it). I only found it by retracing my steps to a pret I’d gone in. They had turned it off to save the battery. JMO

Whaaat? Devon and Cornwall is the otherside of the country from Kent?! Surely there must have been a closer police force with one? And surely Kent Police has it's own Diving & Marine unit!? The county is surrounded by sea with many lakes and rivers! How weird. Maybe the Kent ones are still busy elsewhere....
Yes, my guess still busy elsewhere. Devon and Cornwall unit have three boats: two can go out to sea and one smaller one for use on rivers etc. (Source: their own website although from 2014 so possibly out of date)

With 2 open doors in the Astra and no proof that she was in the front, it would be unusual with an abduction

Is there any chance he had an accomplice and it was them who had been in the front seat not her? And she was put in the boot or something

Plus as police officers work in pairs it would be more convincing for her

has it ever been confirmed that it was 2 doors, one on either side?

Could just as easily have been the passenger and driver door on the same side, for example. Bundle into the back, child lock on, get in front, drive away

JMO, MOO.

Could he have tracked her via an app?, Snapchat etc, could he have been watching her but she did not know him, re fast food incident, could this have been his hunting ground, I don't understand Snapchat tbh (and I am only referring to it in regards to this post, I am not trying to get that convo started again!!)
Isn't there something that you have to switch off so that you are not visable to other Snapchat uses otherwise you come up on map in app?

For snapchat he would need to be on her contact list.I doubt he was.

To add I described them at back of house as fingertip searches, they were not on knees or if they were out of my view, but they were walking slowly in a line in sweeps, my point it is that what I saw I describe as fingertip searches although not technically 'fingertip' x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spartan12!!