Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say a spouse being arrested seems unusual to me. In the Libby Squires case just the suspect was arrested tho his wife was home. No mention made of her until after his conviction when police said she'd been helpful and media reported she'd been shocked.

In that particular case LE also spent considerable time searching the house. So I don't think arrest is necessary.

I don't think you can just arrest without any reason / evidence but I also think the bar is low. She clearly hasn't been arrested which requires a much higher level of evidence

Even more intriguing to me is the fact she's been bailed to return in April. Not charged but not released either.

IMO the suspect's spouse was completely blindsided as in her mind she thought suspect was a police officer and therefore suspect's work pattern gave room to easily cover what otherwise might be suspicious behaviour if suspect has a 9-5pm job. Her mother too was completely shocked it could be the suspect so she could not have had any concerns about suspect being anything other than as neighbours have said ie family orientated/friendly, otherwise likely to have told her mum. Then before she realised suspect was a suspect, the suspect may have told her things that would help cover suspect's tracks without her realising why. So when they raided the home she was in shock, saying what she believed was true (if up until that point she had zero reason to think suspect had done anything wrong) and she obviously could not confer with suspect there and then as they probably separated them - so they arrest her as they know they have evidence to prove what she is saying is not true, even though she thinks she is telling the truth. At that point no body, so LE acting urgently in case chance SE was still alive - by arresting her they can then get her to tell them everything she knows about suspect's movements. While questioning they realise she probably has nothing to do with it all, but need to bail her until they have got all the evidence they need - her children need her and she is probably deemed not a risk to leave, or will be put in a safe house with her children.

Last edited:
They don't look the same to me, they look floral and a different colour, even when wet or whatever it doesn't look the same. JMO. I also don't think they would have been discarded in that manner even if there was a small chance they could be.

Personally I also feel like LE will be considering past actions if they believe there to be any,
Interesting.... my iPhone automatically uploads photos/videos I take to my iCloud storage. Even if I delete them from my iPhone they remain in my recently deleted folder on iCloud for 30 days! I’m sure it would have been one of the first sources of info checked, considering it was an iPhone Sarah had in her possession as seen in media.IMO

You can turn icloud sync off so it doesn't store it at all, I am also sure (JMO) they would have checked it.

So after looking at the time line was the car he used to expose him in the rental or his own car?

Im thinking if it was the family car maybe that’s why he then decided to rent a car to keep a low profile as too risky if he was driving around in the family car after two incidents of exposing himself.

Also maybe he realised with the indecent exposure that he would lose his job and be finished with the Met as he must of known they took his plate reg that with Sarah he had nothing else to lose as once it got out about what he had done at the McDonald’s he would lose everything anyway.

Imo

Where in WS TOS does it say we are not allowed to name suspects who have been charged with murder and named in MSM?

We have specifically been asked by the mods to use the terms 'the accused', 'the alleged perpetrator', 'the defendant' etc, rather than names or initials, in conjunction with the various pieces of information and speculation these threads largely consist of. I think we can all agree it would be appalling if anyone here were to prejudice the trial by breaching that instruction.

I think there is a typo in that MSM report. I think it should be 2018 not 2008

Hi, long time lurker/observer here...2008 seems to be correct. I've actually been wondering how on he could have ended up in his current job after only joining the Met in 2018! (Due to the probationary period for new recruits, etc)

It seems he was first with the Civil Nuclear Constabulary at Dungeness, then Kent Police, finally transferring to the Met in 2018, which makes a lot more sense.

I'm finding that this case has really got to me, as have many other people, of course. I don't think I've felt so...horrified...disturbed(?) since the Corrie Mc. case, which is silly, as they are completely different.

(Edited to add I'm not sure why I'm showing up as a new member, I've been on here since 2017.)

I am sure the mods will clarify, but the accused does not have name suppression, and has already been named in the media.

Indeed he was named by the BBC just two days ago when he appeared in Court

So while this advisory makes it clear not to assume guilt or publish information that might prejudice the trial (e.g. speculation and potential facts) that does not extend to his name?

As written, the advisory does not seem to extend to name suppression. Such suppression would also not seem to apply to his occupation, since that is given in the official media advisory.

I am sure the mods will clarify, but the accused does not have name suppression, and has already been named in the media.

Indeed he was named by the BBC just two days ago when he appeared in Court

So while this advisory makes it clear not to assume guilt or publish information that might prejudice the trial (e.g. speculation and potential facts) that does not extend to his name?
I'm just going by this Found Deceased - UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #12

Anything that may prejudice the accused’s right to a fair trial
Any direct accusations that the accused is either guilty or innocent (i.e. the accused cannot be called "the killer", it has to be "alleged killer" or the defendant)
Defendant’s previous history is off limits

Upon looking at the street view again, I think it makes the alleged abduction site all the more strange. There are SO many windows facing the streets with the flats, meaning so many possibilities for witnesses. IMO

Yeah I agree, it's very strange. They appear to be kitchens or bedrooms, at street level not more than 10m from the road. At this time 9.30pm during lockdown you'd expect lights to be on inside (and people up and about), so it would be easy to see in those windows without curtains. I'm not saying the kindap did not occur here (because it seems it did according to current evidence), but I do agree that it's an exceedingly unlikely kidnap location (especially when considering a main road too!!). It beggars belief.

I have to say a spouse being arrested seems unusual to me. In the Libby Squires case just the suspect was arrested tho his wife was home. No mention made of her until after his conviction when police said she'd been helpful and media reported she'd been shocked.

That’s such an interesting comparison. There are a fair few similarities between these cases for me. But I hadn’t thought about PRs wife not being taken away for questioning. I think perhaps the accuseds wife in this case provided an alibi at the request of her partner (JMO), whereas PRs wife maybe told police right away that he had been out the night Libby was taken? Maybe she immediately refused to cover for him where as in this case his wife did so under pressure and in a panic at his request.

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that after all this time, I have just discovered two things quite interesting about Poynders Court.

1. There is a bus stop directly opposite. I can't believe I hadn't clocked this, I'm sure lots of you had. Buses in London regularly stop at almost all stops (because there's almost always someone either wanting to get on or off). So, if it did stop a) it's far more likely we'd have a witness, and b) the bus camera footage would be 10-15 seconds long (or however long it takes to stop) whereas I had always assumed it was 'passing' (very short) footage. However, seeing as there aren't witnesses (we don't believe), it's just another example of SE's horrendous bad luck!?

2. OK this one I am really mortified I didn't notice before. You can go *all the way* around the back of Poynders Court on Google Street view. I don't yet have any extra theories or knowledge off the back of this, and perhaps you all already knew this (I didn't!!), but it's quite useful for getting a 'feel' for the event that the accused either a) drove the car around there and 'parked' in the turn-in 90 degrees (some people have suggested this), or b) that SE ended up running into there (hence the forensic search). Anyway, can't believe I hadn't noticed you can Street View it, happy sleuthing.

I don't think you should feel embarrassed! There's a lot of information on these threads.

Other people may have a different experience, but personally I think it's quite unusual for Google streetview to include offroad images. It makes me wonder if that particular location was scoped out online in advance by the accused, presuming of course that the location and layout of Poynders Court does transpire to be significant. JMO and pure speculation of course.

Nope l'm not mixed up. They have absolutely posted misleading headlines and quoted people without permission. That's my experience - not a fan of being told my experience isn't accurate.

I’m not questioning your experience as that is your very own view which no one can criticise but your post said that they’re known for it and that isn’t true. If they were then I would also know about it and not only that, there would be complaints, which there aren’t. Kentlive on the other hand has constant complaints.

Yeah I agree, it's very strange. They appear to be kitchens or bedrooms, at street level not more than 10m from the road. At this time 9.30pm during lockdown you'd expect lights to be on inside (and people up and about), so it would be easy to see in those windows without curtains. I'm not saying the kindap did not occur here (because it seems it did according to current evidence), but I do agree that it's an exceedingly unlikely kidnap location (especially when considering a main road too!!). It beggars belief.

This is why IMO the theory that it was not planned, but saw an opportunity to pull over into the drive way and be closer SE on the path - dark road, trees - suspect could act quickly whether it was intended to be IE or more, but suspect had not accounted for a bus stopping / passing and capturing vehicle.

2. OK this one I am really mortified I didn't notice before. You can go *all the way* around the back of Poynders Court on Google Street view. I don't yet have any extra theories or knowledge off the back of this, and perhaps you all already knew this (I didn't!!), but it's quite useful for getting a 'feel' for the event that the accused either a) drove the car around there and 'parked' in the turn-in 90 degrees (some people have suggested this), or b) that SE ended up running into there (hence the forensic search). Anyway, can't believe I hadn't noticed you can Street View it, happy sleuthing.
^^RSBM

Thanks, @supersleuth123 for the street link I've long been looking for! Serves as confirmation that the suspect's vehicle was not necessarily stopped on the street in the traffic lane.

I'm just going by this Found Deceased - UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #12

Anything that may prejudice the accused’s right to a fair trial
Any direct accusations that the accused is either guilty or innocent (i.e. the accused cannot be called "the killer", it has to be "alleged killer" or the defendant)
Defendant’s previous history is off limits

Can we refer to the accused as "the evil looking individual"? There is no implication of innocence or guilt, only an observation based on court drawings.

Don’t know if westlaw uk has transcripts of all criminal trials, which are likely reported in media too, just reported cases which are relevant to legal precedent and interpretation?
Not as far as I’m aware - in my former work we often had to request these (for evidence evaluation / risk assessment) along with sentencing remarks etc and they cost (a government organisation) a fortune ...

^^RSBM

Thanks, @supersleuth123 for the street link I've long been looking for! Serves as confirmation that the suspect's vehicle was not necessarily stopped on the street in the traffic lane.

Honestly if I saw someone parked there with doors open I would not think twice I would assume they were in the middle of loading/unloading from the lockups next to the entrance. And if the car was parked across the pavement I would walk around the back to avoid having to walk on the main road.

If this is how the car was parked it would IMO make it much easier to get someone in it.

The only odd thing is there is CCTV which as far as we know caught nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3