Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they are targeting a specific spot I would gather a member of the Public has seen something.

I feel like this case has been on my mind constantly for the past week now - I think this has effected girls in this area massively as it could have literally been any of us.

LL thank you for all your insightful posts from near the house of the accused - I hope now the search has stopped and the media attention has died down from that area you can have abit of normality of the street.

Police back in Ashford Monday

Police are continuing to search woodland behind an abandoned leisure complex where the body of Sarah Everard was found inside a large builder’s bag.

Eight Metropolitan Police vans are parked in Fridd Lane close to the once-popular Great Chart Golf and Leisure Complex near Ashford, which has been at the centre of the murder probe since Wednesday morning.

Police still searching woods where Sarah's body was found

I wonder if they're working round the clock to get as much evidence as possible in time for hearing tomorrow? Could further evidence affect what happens at this hearing/where he is remanded or what might be released next?

I wonder if they're working round the clock to get as much evidence as possible in time for hearing tomorrow? Could further evidence affect what happens at this hearing/where he is remanded or what might be released next?

Doubt it I think they will just set a date for trial and plea hearing but not 100%.

That makes me think someone locally has tipped them off that they saw something in the area, possibly. Whether it was the river, the car park or both.
This is what I suggested earlier, someone has recognised his face in the news and remembers seeing him acting suspiciously in the coop carpark area of Sandwich at some point since Sarah went missing? MOO.

Divers carrying breathing tanks were seen heading towards The Ropewalk near the town centre, and once there, were lowered into a stretch of water and began moving slowly along.

The Met Police said Couzens joined the force two years ago in September 2018 when he worked for a response team covering the Bromley area, before moving to the Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection Command in February last year.

Devon and Cornwall Police would not confirm if they were assisting Metropolitan Police with their enquiries into the death of Sarah Everard.

A spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police said: "We're working with a number of other forces and agencies as part of the investigation."
Divers from Devon and Cornwall in Sarah Everard investigation

Thanks Nikynoo, but I am going to revise the opening post about sub-judice, specifically as it relates to not using names or initials.

I will remove the reference about not naming the accused at all. I most definitely read it when researching sub-judice but now can't locate the source. As of today I see that UK MSM is using Couzens' name, so IMO we are safe to follow suit.

That portion of the Opening Post about sub-judice will be removed so as not to cause further confusion, and members are free to use his name and/or initials. All the other caveats remain in place.

I'm trying. Need a list of all of Couzens previous addresses to map against cold cases. But you'd think a forum full of "websleuths" would be on top of this..

I have found at least six previous addresses (between 2006 and 2015) for the accused but unsure if I am allowed to publish them on this site. They are in Deal, Dover, Folkestone.

The Met said tonight: "On Friday 12 March, the Met's Directorate of Professional Standards was made aware of an inappropriate graphic that was allegedly shared via social media by a probationary MPS police constable with some colleagues.

"The sharing of the graphic was reported by a number of these officers who were concerned by its content.

"Given the context of the officer’s duties at the time, a voluntary referral has been made to the Independent Office for Police Conduct in relation to this matter.

"The PC had been deployed as a cordon officer supporting the search operation in Kent in relation to the murder of Sarah Everard. The officer has been removed from these duties and placed in a non-public facing role while enquiries continue.

"The graphic does not contain photographic images, no images of Sarah, nor any other material obtained from or related to the investigation into Sarah’s murder.

"Sarah’s family have been made aware of the incident."
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14348355/sarah-everard-probe-cop-inappropriate-messages/

Thanks Nikynoo, but I am going to revise the opening post about sub-judice, specifically as it relates to not using names or initials.

I will remove the reference about not naming the accused at all. I most definitely read it when researching sub-judice but now can't locate the source. As of today I see that UK MSM is using Couzens' name, so IMO we are safe to follow suit.

That portion of the Opening Post about sub-judice will be removed so as not to cause further confusion, and members are free to use his name and/or initials. All the other caveats remain in place.
Phew. It was so hard to take out all the he/him/WC references and still make it coherent. Thank you for responding.

This is what I suggested earlier, someone has recognised his face in the news and remembers seeing him acting suspiciously in the coop carpark area of Sandwich at some point since Sarah went missing? MOO.
Or maybe GPS data led them there. If the car was parked in that area for a certain amount of time it might be significant.

Silly Billy is there anything you wish me to delete re my most recent posts, I think I've over stepped there, sorry for any inconvenience, I'll delete np xx

I'd assumed that when the law said kidnap by force or fraud it only related to actually taking them as opposed to holding them afterwards. In the Libby Squires case where CCTV of how she enters the car is unclear, the prosecution states she was taken by force or fraud. Clearly after the kidnap force was used.

So in this case where it seems to state taken by force it suggested to me that one of the bus cams must show something to that effect because otherwise I would have assumed the wording would be the same.

Or that the reporting is sloppy which is as likely.

That's just my opinion and I'm not a legal expert. But I think for that wording there must have been some evidence of force.

All just my opinions tho.

Kidnapping in UK law is taking and holding someone against their will.

I agree either they can see force or fraud used in the video, (ie fake siren, the accused dressed in police uniform) OR the accused (or the accused's spouse) has confessed what happened OR there was an eyewitness we haven't heard about. JMO, I can't think if any other way the CPS would have chosen to charge.

The Met Police said Couzens joined the force two years ago in September 2018 when he worked for a response team covering the Bromley area, before moving to the Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection Command in February last year.

Divers from Devon and Cornwall in Sarah Everard investigation

<snipped for focus>

He doesn't stay anywhere very long, does he? Two years in the army, two in the CNC, a certain amount of time in Kent Police, of which some was in traffic and some elsewhere iirc, then less than 18 months in Bromley and a year in PaDPC, where he started off in close protection and has since been moved to guarding diplomatic buildings. Apologies if I've got any of that wrong. I'm not sure what I'm saying really, but it stands out to me. JMO.

Phew. It was so hard to take out all the he/him/WC references and still make it coherent. Thank you for responding.

Yeah, I know it was hard, and it even sounded absurd to me when I read it. I have a feeling I may have been reading an Order related to a specific case rather routine sub-judice requirements.

As it seems there is an embargo on posting the accused's name on here, I will not add the Court link for tomorrow...but only add that it will be CVP. 10am.

for anyone who doesn't know - CVP = Cloud Video Platform .
Accused to attend, everyone else involved in the hearing will link via their chosen platform.

edited to update info

Quoting myself just to clarify here. I do NOT have the CVP link for this hearing. That will only be available to people directly involved in the hearing.
The only info I have is the publicly listed detail which provides the time of the hearing, the court room and the Judge.

Kent 999 on fb[/QUOTE]
The Met said tonight: "On Friday 12 March, the Met's Directorate of Professional Standards was made aware of an inappropriate graphic that was allegedly shared via social media by a probationary MPS police constable with some colleagues.

"The sharing of the graphic was reported by a number of these officers who were concerned by its content.

"Given the context of the officer’s duties at the time, a voluntary referral has been made to the Independent Office for Police Conduct in relation to this matter.

"The PC had been deployed as a cordon officer supporting the search operation in Kent in relation to the murder of Sarah Everard. The officer has been removed from these duties and placed in a non-public facing role while enquiries continue.

"The graphic does not contain photographic images, no images of Sarah, nor any other material obtained from or related to the investigation into Sarah’s murder.

"Sarah’s family have been made aware of the incident."
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14348355/sarah-everard-probe-cop-inappropriate-messages/

Wow that's not good :(

Thank you for clarifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member