Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
As distasteful as it is, LE have a duty of care to those within their custody. I surmise it would cover mental health and self harm. They have a duty to us, the public, the families and victims, to ensure they make it to trial.
Oh I agree, everyone in custody needs to be kept safe from self harm. Just wondering how they would go about it

I was going to say similar. I'm not a legal person but as far as I understand it murder covers situations where you knew your actions could result in someone's death.
Someone who violently attacks and rapes someone for instance should be able to understand these actions could also kill. They do it anyway and that results in murder charges and not manslaughter.
You seem to be right, Lexis defines murder as 'the unlawful killing of any person with an intention to kill or to cause grievous bodily harm to that person.'
Not really sure where rape (assuming it happened of course) would fall into that, but I suppose the body/cause of death would show quickly if it's murder or manslaughter in the police's opinion anyway - suppose the suspect can claim something closer to manslaughter happened depending on the circumstances

You seem to be right, Lexis defines murder as 'the unlawful killing of any person with an intention to kill or to cause grievous bodily harm to that person.'
Not really sure where rape (assuming it happened of course) would fall into that, but I suppose the body/cause of death would show quickly if it's murder or manslaughter in the police's opinion anyway - suppose the suspect can claim something closer to manslaughter happened depending on the circumstances

IMO If you are found guilty of rape I’m not sure how you would argue that you didn’t expect the violence you used to achieve the purpose of rape weren’t inflicted with an intention to kill or cause GBH. IMO that’s why defendants have utilised the “rough sex”defence, to say the cause of death was in fact consensual and thus there isn’t sufficient intention to establish murder charge.

Something I’ve been wondering is where the dashcam on the bus is and thus a) what direction the bus was going in, b) what side of the road the car was on. Also, how ‘wide’ are the pictures? In other words would the pictures show the road/pavement only? Not sure I’ve seen any discussion of this, just that the car etc was seen on two bus dash cams.

This shows an example of a Bus CCTV footage used as evidence and how much was caught outside of the bus: 'Cash for crash' bus scam captured on CCTV footage - BBC News

Obviously the SE case was night time, but they must be pretty good - although it sounded like it was not crystal clear, but a car/hazard lights/2 figures could be seen.

(Edit: This article, further down shows some stills and the footage of a night-time Bus CCTV of someone in the road trying to stop the bus which was used for another case: 'We're not a taxi service': What police told Caroline Coyne, 28, before sex predator beat her to death | Daily Mail Online)

Last edited:
If WC is bashing his own head against a wall or surface, how would Police be able to prevent him doing so? It's not practical to have an officer physically stand between him and all the walls around him. What options are available to Police in this instance, could they keep him restrained? Put some sort of helmet on him? Padded cell? Sorry if this sounds ridiculous, I'm just trying to think practically

You're actually close to the truth when you suggest an officer standing between him and the wall. There's different levels of custody observations, but one is "close proximity" - and is essentially constant watch whilst being close enough to intervene/restrain if there's any attempt at self-harm.

The College of Policing guidance is available here - specifically worth reading "Level 4".

We talked a lot about this in earlier threads.

Locals (me included) were wholly sceptical of the idea that you could run over a pedestrian (mount pavement? there's no reason for her to cross) and then stop on the main London inner ring road (red route, no stopping, single carriageway). It's quieter than it used to be, but that's not quiet quiet IYSWIM - it's a steady stream of waves of vehicles (waves because you get a load over when the light is green, then pause, then the next lot) in both directions

But if he'd been parked at Poynders Court he would have had to drive across the pavement to get to the road making it entirely possible to hit someone on the way.

I did think this, if its been divulged to them where the accused has placed items then them placing them to the side while they keep looking doesn't seem far fetched,they are looking for particular things,not really the paper etc, if it was only DNA tying him to anything in that bin surely every single thing coming out would be bagged? x
Pretty sure the entire bin would have been hauled off in a flat bed pronto..

The recycling bin wasn’t really searched IMO. It was looked through, stuff chucked out in full public view etc. If there was a good chance of something incriminating to be found in there, a search would have been done under cover, surely ?

Or maybe GPS data led them there. If the car was parked in that area for a certain amount of time it might be significant.
A member on WS posted not long after media released pic of accused, that the accused ‘looked familiar’?? I’m kind of thinking out loud.

A member on WS posted not long after media released pic of accused, that the accused ‘looked familiar’?? I’m kind of thinking out loud.
I think that he looks like any fair skinned, shaven headed middle aged man. IMO, hair is a large part of someone's visual appearance and if it is completely gone it takes away some part of physical recognition.

This shows an example of a Bus CCTV footage used as evidence and how much was caught outside of the bus: 'Cash for crash' bus scam captured on CCTV footage - BBC News

Obviously this case was night time, but they must be pretty good - although it sounded like it was not crystal clear, but a car/hazard lights/2 figures could be seen.

(Edit: This article, further down shows some stills and the footage of a night-time Bus CCTV of someone in the road trying to stop the bus which was used for another case: 'We're not a taxi service': What police told Caroline Coyne, 28, before sex predator beat her to death | Daily Mail Online)

thank you - interesting. It looks like the camera takes pictures of the near side of the road. Do we know what side of the road SE was walking on? Also, I think one bus going past was a #50 - away from Clapham and towards Tulse Hill?

I have to say I never really understand why the suggestion always comes up in these cases (thinking of Libby Squire case amongst others) that it was a rape/attempted rape gone wrong. I fully believe these attacks were as intended.

Are we likely to get any more snippets of the case from his hearing tomorrow- like we got a few little nuggets from the magistrate hearing.
any chance of a guilty plea?

finding all the new search sites rather strange, to me it seems a long shot to find anything here, considering the lengths he went to hide SE body, seems strange to ditch stuff in such a public place, but what do I know ?

I think that he looks like any fair skinned, shaven headed middle aged man. IMO, hair is a large part of someone's visual appearance and if it is completely gone it takes away some part of physical recognition.
I am trying to find the pic of a male officer, totally shaven till shiny! But it looked like no eyebrows either! I think it shows the male holding a breathalyser? I thought it was 2 different males. I am now not sure as I can’t find the post ahhhh!

thank you - interesting. It looks like the camera takes pictures of the near side of the road. Do we know what side of the road SE was walking on? Also, I think one bus going past was a #50 - away from Clapham and towards Tulse Hill?
People have said on the left side, the side of the Poyners Court SW4 (for Google Maps) and towards Tulse Hill - from those links you'd think a bus in either direction would capture a car parked up with hazard lights on/doors opened/2 figures given cameras front/sides/rear.

Hello, first time poster. I have followed the whole case on here from the start. As a resident 200 yards away from SE was last seen, it has really been a sad few weeks. If I was looking the right way out of my flat at the right time I would have likely have seen all of it (albeit at a distance). My girlfriend was out walking that night too.

It is an incredible busy road for traffic and at that time of night it does have a fair few pedestrians. That night was particularly foggy and misty. I am not sure what I think happened, anything is still possible but I would likely rule out hitting with the car, there is just too much traffic for all that to occur without others seeing.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members