Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very unfortunate that the pm was inconclusive. Do we know if the body was fully intact when it was found (although likely tampered with in some way hence the inconclusive result). Sorry this has probably been answered or stated as not known throughout and I’ve been reading bits of all 13 threads

No details regarding that... Only she was “wrapped in builders bag” from what I have read..

Does this mean she was too badly decomposed?

This would rule out a gun being used though right as you can see gun shot marks in bones years later?

Having to ID her from dental records gives sway to the body being in a bad way, probably a due to a fair amount of decomposition, but there may also of course be what injury was inflicted on it post-mortem.

I don’t think people are trying to give excuses for WC as it may seem. More so that it is human nature to try to understand the unthinkable. Do I think we can blame his wife or him having a step-mother? No! The only person who can be blamed for a crime would be the alleged perpetrator. I do think that we cannot discount the impact of someone’s parent dying though, especially when it was so recent (not even 6 months yet). And especially not when the alleged had what appears to have been a close relationship to his father and worked for him for many years. His own words in the below interview also hint at the importance of this figure in his life.

End of road as garage doors close for last time

“His son Wayne Couzens, 42, who worked there for 20 years, said: “He would have really loved one of us to take over but he totally understands.

"Things have to come to an end. I am devastated, I was there for 20 years myself. "We’ve grown up with my dad always being there. It’s a huge part of our lives. An family institution.”

If the loss of the family business devastated him then what did the loss of the father that’s “always been there” do? JMO/all MOO

Well spotted. I haven't seen that anywhere else. What does it mean by opening an inquest and adjourning it? Sorry just seen this quote above has been posted already.

I know this from having sat on an inquest at a coroner's court some time ago. You would open an inquest to log that someone has been killed, to formally identify someone as having died and then also, where possible, to allow the release of the body for burial. You would then adjourn it at this point to allow criminal proceedings to take place.

There is CPS guidance here that goes into a lot of detail and is quite interesting Coroners | The Crown Prosecution Service (cps.gov.uk)

As a follow up to my post at the end of previous thread.

I am very local to this case so any questions on the area or that night. Happy to help. As per other posts. SE would 99.9% have been on the left hand side of the road.
Thanks! Yes, looking at the map again I can see that Poynders Court is on the left (funny - I thought it was on the right) and this would fit with SE walking on the left, the car stopping on the left, and the #50 bus passing towards Tulse Hill with the dash cam having a good view on the left. If both of the car doors were open I would guess the car wasn’t actually on the road, would seem more likely to be parked on the pavement or similar?

I dont think tinder has end to end encryption anyway so this data could be sourced without any phone support (not remotely suggesting its possible anyway)

“Tinder gone wrong” is a description used by another poster and picked up by me to refer to what is charmingly known in shorthand as “rough sex” defence, rather than referring to the specifics of this case.

Regarding today's searches at Sandwich, I wonder if possibly a member of the public found some of SE's possessions which had been discarded by her assailant, then panicked when they realised the items were connected to the murder and discarded them again (possibly before informing the police).

I'm thinking of Noah Donohoe's death in Belfast last year, when the boy's laptop began circulating amongst petty criminals a few days after his death.

Yes, I just saw this too. It was in the Guardian. I guess this shows there was not enough left of the body in order to conclude anything?

I don’t know what it shows, but I suppose there are several reasons why a postmortum can be inconclusive. The physical state of the body will be one of them, but I’m sure there will be other (ie less grisly) reasons too.

Does anyone know if strangulation would be obvious post mortum? I don't know much about these things.

Trying to be as clinical and not graphic as possible. Typically it can be picked up via broken bones in the neck, bruising in the obvious areas, broken capillaries in the eyes, certain inflammations in the lungs and other signs I cant recall.

I don’t know what it shows, but I suppose there are several reasons why a postmortum can be inconclusive. The physical state of the body will be one of them, but I’m sure there will be other (ie less grisly) reasons too.

Does this also rule out a knife being used?(trying to be respectful when discussing this)

Taken from Tortoise's very helpful timeline:
9 Mar 2021, Tuesday :-
Unknown time - “a member of the public finds two number plates stashed in Rodenhurst Road and they are placed in evidence bags.” (SOURCE The Telegraph)

Any more known about this? If the accused dumped these, it suggests premeditated actions. Or perhaps they were not in any way connected to the case.

I know this from having sat on an inquest at a coroner's court some time ago. You would open an inquest to log that someone has been killed, to formally identify someone as having died and then also, where possible, to allow the release of the body for burial. You would then adjourn it at this point to allow criminal proceedings to take place.

There is CPS guidance here that goes into a lot of detail and is quite interesting Coroners | The Crown Prosecution Service (cps.gov.uk)

Thank you! That is interesting. So an inquest is opened if it's determined that a post mortem can't establish cause of death is that correct? And when completed it is classed as one of the categories listed - say "unlawful killing". (Speculation).

If it is adjourned so the body can be released for burial, assume that means no further attempts at post mortem will be made.

Interesting to see that the outcome of the inquest has to tally with the outcome of any trial.

Having to ID her from dental records gives sway to the body being in a bad way, probably a due to a fair amount of decomposition, but there may also of course be what injury was inflicted on it post-mortem.
Not necessarily. Visual identification can be traumatic, and DNA is slow and expensive. Dental is quite often used, and we can’t make any assumptions about the condition of the body based on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member