Found Safe CO - Kelsey Lee Taylor, 35, Boulder, 9 Dec 2020

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Boulder Police Searching for Missing Woman (bouldercolorado.gov)

Boulder police are searching for a woman who has not been seen since she left Barnes and Noble on December 9, 2020.
  • Kelsey Lee Taylor is 35, 5’4”, 120 pounds, with blonde hair and blue eyes.
  • She does not have a residence, financial means, phone or vehicle.
  • Kelsey suffers from medical issues and may be in need of medical attention.
  • On Dec. 11, 2020, Kelsey sent a text message to a friend, asking him to pick her up. When the friend texted her later in the morning, she did not respond. Kelsey’s significant other then tried calling several times over the next few days but never made contact with her.
  • Investigators have determined that Kelsey had a hotel room reserved in late Dec 2020, but never arrived.
  • She missed a court hearing in Jan and then failed to appear for a virtual child custody hearing in Feb, which is considered very unusual for her.
  • All investigatory leads have been exhausted at this time.
Anyone with information about Taylor’s location is asked to contact Detective Flynn at 303-441-1850. Those who have information but wish to remain anonymous may contact the Northern Colorado Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or 1-800-444-3776. Tips can also be submitted via the Crime Stoppers website at www.crimeshurt.com.

This doesn't sound promising at all. A long time missing with no leads. Of course, she's surely not the only missing person the LE in that area has...

From the article above:
"At this point in time, all investigatory leads have been exhausted."
Oh, my. Missed a custody hearing for her child. Not a good sign.
She's cute as a button, as we say here in the South, but it appears she had some tuff times. "Medical issues," too.
Following and hoping for good news.

Thanks, Pommy, for the thread.

Mmmffff. I surely don't like this.
No permanent home, didn't show up at her motel room, no one has heard from her, etc. Just a dire scenario. The area where the B&Noble store is located appears typical -- clean, good shopping on all sides, i.e., not a place where vagrants or "bad ones" are likely to stay for long, and probably well-patrolled by LE. If she had had some sort of health episode, seems to me someone would have seen it or later come upon her and called 911.
Did she get a ride with a "bad" one, or met up with a "new friend," or harm herself?
LE may have run out of ideas for where to look next.
Not looking for a good outcome, but still hoping for the best.

Mmmffff. I surely don't like this.
No permanent home, didn't show up at her motel room, no one has heard from her, etc. Just a dire scenario. The area where the B&Noble store is located appears typical -- clean, good shopping on all sides, i.e., not a place where vagrants or "bad ones" are likely to stay for long, and probably well-patrolled by LE. If she had had some sort of health episode, seems to me someone would have seen it or later come upon her and called 911.
Did she get a ride with a "bad" one, or met up with a "new friend," or harm herself?
LE may have run out of ideas for where to look next.
Not looking for a good outcome, but still hoping for the best.
I am wondering if she took a bus, someone offered her a ride, or something along those lines. I would like to know how much later the friend texted her back. Was she waiting outside the store for hours or minutes or any time at all? MOO

On Dec. 11, 2020, Kelsey sent a text message to a friend, asking him to pick her up. When the friend texted her later in the morning, she did not respond.

I just heard about this missing woman from a friend whose husband worked with Kelsey. I don't have much to add at this time other than to say that at one time Kelsey had a good job and her health issues were not apparent to those who worked with her. I will see if I can find out more about the timeframe for this information.

This is very sad and a shock to many of us who knew Kelsey when she lived in the Arlington, VA area (2011-2018). At that time she enjoyed the outdoors; jogging and cycling, she was gainfully employed with CACI, well educated (VATech and UVA) and involved in social activities (intramural sports, happy hours, etc.) We were unaware of any medical conditions she may of had at that time. We lost touch with Kelsey over the past couple years, but a friend noticed through FB that she listed living in CA and then changed her FB profile name and he lost touch as well. We all hope that she is found safe and unharmed but agree that the timeline is loose and this is out of character for Kelsey.

I am wondering if she took a bus, someone offered her a ride, or something along those lines. I would like to know how much later the friend texted her back. Was she waiting outside the store for hours or minutes or any time at all? MOO

On Dec. 11, 2020, Kelsey sent a text message to a friend, asking him to pick her up. When the friend texted her later in the morning, she did not respond.

I wonder about that time frame, as well. But also wondering that if Kelsey hasn’t been seen since she left Barnes and Noble on December 9, then WHERE was she when she asked the friend to pick her up on December 11?

I wonder about that time frame, as well. But also wondering that if Kelsey hasn’t been seen since she left Barnes and Noble on December 9, then WHERE was she when she asked the friend to pick her up on December 11?
Oh geez, my bad. I overlooked the fact that those events took place on two different days. :oops: MOO

Thanks for the nice remarks and info on Kelsey, @Posh3. It's always helpful when someone in the same area, or someone who knows/knew the individual can add a personal touch about someone we're following here.

I thought I saw, in one of those photos above, a real spark in Kelsey's smile -- so the things you said about her being intelligent, well-educated, and fun-loving, etc., didn't surprise me.
It's now become a sad story, but we try to think positively about missing people. Good surprises do happen here -- and the relief and joy of the families is a wonderful thing.
I can't imagine your surprise when you "found" her here at WS as a subject in a thread.
One more thing:

Welcome to Websleuths,
Posh3 !!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member