Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kalli was referring to the fact that the letter from Sarah's friend pleading not to politicise her death was ironically published in Spiked Magazine, which has a far-right bent and is notorious for politicising incendiary issues.
I didn't know that's where the letter was published thanks, I wonder why Spiked was chosen?

I suppose (and this is JMO) that his rocking back and forth reported above in court this morning, the bashing his head in custody, the report of an ambulance being called in the days leading up to the accused being arrested, could all be a ruse to pretend he is insane, rather than actually being insane? JMO MOO

I'm not sure about insanity but it certainly looks as if he is struggling mentally. Something is up for sure and I really don't think he's faking. I could be wrong but I just get a feeling that there is something behind all this. PTSD maybe? I am not defending the accused, just thinking out loud.

I notice that in one of the drawings, his eyes are closed. I distinctly remember Ariel Castro standing in court with his eyes closed and he swayed a little back and forth. I wondered if it was his way of blocking out the shame. If I can't see you...you can't see me.

Just some thoughts.

MOO

I know it is confusing but you need to link to the source where you found the paper so others can read the entire paper, not just the screenshot. Ignore the part about MSM in the warning. If you find a paper on PubMed, you link to the paper on PubMed. I link to Law Journal articles all the time and it has never been a problem as long as you are linking to the reliable source that includes the paper. Google Scholar, PubMed, JSTOR, anything with a public link.
Thank you, will do! Sadly the whole paper is behind a paywall but I’ll link to the abstract in the future. Glad we can do that.

Cab-rank rule

sorry for caps but very central tenet of our U.K. justice system. The can rank rule applies; case comes in; barrister is competent to represent with no conflicts, must take it on. Otherwise, you may find it hard to get legal rep when you’re An unpopular case and that legal rep is your legal entitlement.

There are circumstances in which solicitors can represent in court in England. They don't apply for this forthcoming trial, but if anyone's interested for sake of completeness, here's a link:

The Difference Between Solicitor and Barrister - The Lawyer Portal

sols who have gained higher rights of audience can appear in all superior courts, so it would apply in this case. It’s highly unlikely a solicitor with higher rights would have the correct experience to take a heavy weight Old Bailey murder trial as leader but that’s a different point. They would have a right to appear.[/QUOTE]

They don't apply because he has a QC

Apologies for unclear drafting

there is a media thread,which several members have spent much time and effort creating.It is regularly updated and would be an excellent place for you to catch up on any news about the case.

Thank you so much to you all :)

Have just explained, with link :)
Also there’s some great explanations of the inner workings by @Parker Knoll a few pages back. Much better than my response. Also how barristers can get round cab rank rule, although as she says, most criminal silks would jump at this. You do have to remember that upholding justice, including ensuring fair and competent representation and a right to a fair trial is key in a civil society and they serve an incredibly important function.

Cab-rank rule

sorry for caps but very central tenet of our U.K. justice system. The can rank rule applies; case comes in; barrister is competent to represent with no conflicts, must take it on. Otherwise, you may find it hard to get legal rep when you’re An unpopular case and that legal rep is your legal entitlement.

Thank you this is interesting.

Are there any foster parents in this scenario. I hope a parent not charged with a serious crime would be allowed to stay with their children. How awful it must be for those kids taken out of their home and may even be beds in the middle of the night.
I am a foster parent. If I took in children in a scenario like this they would have a social worker who would decide what to tell them about why they had been moved from home. It would be kept from the children as much as possible and they would be given a version of what has happened until they are ready to know more.

If the mother is proven to have involvement in harming Sarah rather than unwittingly providing a false alibi for example, then the children would be removed because mother is not safe. It all comes down to whether the children are safe to stay with mum. Can she meet their needs? Can she protect them? It is these sort of questions the social workers will be asking.

thanks, that’s the one. I did try but it’s like looking for a needle in a haystack.
You can search once in the media thread itself, in the box at top right. I put in “sick” and it just brought up a few articles and showed the context of the word “sick” for each one, so it was easy to click on the correct post in the search results. It’s quite good - and I say that as somebody who often struggles with WS searching. Hope that helps

eta when I quote media thread my link is usually to the relevant post within it - for anybody unsure

I imagine this is very much the case. I don’t imagine the searches are “fishing expeditions” as it were (see what I did there?!). I suspect they want to complete the evidence trail as much as possible so want to account for as many of her belongings as possible. Now, this might end up being futile (they may never find it). But i guess their thinking is, we know we are missing x, y, z so whoever did this must have disposed of them. I reckon they are searching areas linked to the accused. If they have tracked his movements via his phone, car gps or local cctv and THEN they find her belongings, then he has even more of a case to answer.

Now, there is every chance this could backfire (ie a g public search is being carried on somewhere with the intention of finding something - if they don’t find it then it’s less evidence. But I suppose just because - and let’s for argument’s sake assume it is a phone- they don’t find it; doesn’t mean it wasn’t there. But it is just one less piece of evidence they would probably like to have.

IMO this might suggest they have less physical evidence than they would like. But TBH we don’t know what they have so it would be foolish to speculate otherwise as to the strength of the case and if this guy is completely innocent and he had nothing to do with it, then better to know for his sake that everywhere is searched properly or to find the phone which may have other evidence on it. Because if he is innocent then there would still be a murderer on the loose.
I wondered if they were searching that location as a crime scene rather than a disposal one. We know where she was kidnapped and where her body was found but we don't know what happened in between, or where. Just an opinion tho

Also there’s some great explanations of the inner workings by @Parker Knoll a few pages back. Much better than my response. Also how barristers can get round cab rank rule, although as she says, most criminal silks would jump at this. You do have to remember that upholding justice, including ensuring fair and competent representation and a right to a fair trial is key in a civil society and they serve an incredibly important function.

Yes I saw that hence my query about what would constitute 'ethical considerations'.

I'm not sure about insanity but it certainly looks as if he is struggling mentally. Something is up for sure and I really don't think he's faking. I could be wrong but I just get a feeling that there is something behind all this. PTSD maybe? I am not defending the accused, just thinking out loud.
SBM
Totally agree and said similar somewhere in one of the threads - there's a trigger, we don't know what it is yet, but he unravelled fast and is still unravelling IMO. Sure, this could be to knowing what he's done, and that he's caught, and there's no way out, it's affecting everyone he ever loved (aka family).
I am totally intrigued what the trigger was though, guess I'll have to be patient until trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam