Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me about mobile phone pinging in regards to this particular point, please?

If he had accidently hit SE with his car and she had her phone in her hand and it flew out and smashed with impact on the floor, could that stop the pinging - or is the sim card still working inside?

Probably went somewhere local to sleep, freshen-up and eat (makes sense after a long night shift), then could've gone out and about on the prowl around Clapham Common or near-by during the day? Hence the deep interest by LE searching the Common even after they'd confirmed last known sighting/position of SE being way past there on Poynders. Suspect may have spotted her earlier on in the evening and been tracking her? (just my thoughts) LE will most likely know his movements that day, might be inc in the evidence? moo

in my opinion the accused went home to sleep, and then left under the pretence of going to work.

Not sure if you're from the UK but it's awash at the moment with women sharing stories on how they've had things happen multiple times and the police do nothing. Many here have shared similar accounts.

Isn't it typically young offenders that commit crimes like flashing and often escalate? The whole thing seems bizarre to me and I find it incredulous that he's spent his whole life displaying this sort of behaviour and got away with it because it's not been taken seriously by the police. Furthermore, there is nothing at the moment to support this, I would expect a few stories from friends, neighbours and colleagues in the tabloid press about a murky past or questionable character at the very least.

Him going home that morning and keeping to his schedule would make sense as then he can claim he is going to work that evening and then he has 14/15 hours where his wife thinks he is at work. It’s the perfect cover and wouldn’t raise eyebrows IMO

I am saying this as an American who just survived the past several years of everything being turned into politics, maybe we can limit our posts to factual based reporting and not opinion pieces. It would save us a lot of angst.
Hang on, we are allowed to give our opinion on what we think might have happened with regards to the crime and debate that so long as we put JMO MOO. If however you mean to steer it away from politics then the mods have already asked for this to happen as this thread is about the crime, not about politics.

With regard to his mental state/health - can we consider the steroid use theory regarding the accused on WS? Or would it be outside the lines?
Yes we can if we put MOO JMO after we discuss it.

I'm now wondering what a period without steroids does to the person? JMO MOO

Apologies of this has already been covered. I’ve been following the last couple of threads and not seen it mentioned

On the local Kent BBC news today they emphasised the fact it is the met police rather than Kent police searching in Sandwich. Is this normal? Does this suggest the police believe the murder itself was done in London or is it just the original crime was in London and this is normal practice?

Can anyone tell me about mobile phone pinging in regards to this particular point, please?

If he had accidently hit SE with his car and she had her phone in her hand and it flew out and smashed with impact on the floor, could that stop the pinging - or is the sim card still working inside?

If the drop has damaged the antennas in the phone, then yes, it might stop the ping to the nearest mast.

If it's off or the sim card is missing, that will also stop the pinging too.

Either that or there’s someone else who is planting it “getting off” watching the police waste time and searching

Hi all, first-time poster here. I’ve been a silent lurker on here since thread 3 of the SE case, and I just wanted to jump in and say something about the scattered areas of interest. (Pure speculation, of course.)

My mind bounced to a storyline in a crime show I recently watched, where criminals deliberately make a scene as chaotic as possible in order to get away with it — it’s not to destroy/hide evidence but just to create a scene that seems almost impossible to put together and therefore takes a long time, if it ever gets pieced together at all. The idea of making a crime as difficult/complicated to decipher as possible could be the thought process here? Complete randomness, scattered pieces, things that don’t make sense, wide apart areas, "red herrings" (the gold chain, clothing from recycling bin, etc) ... it would surely make the case much tougher to crack, and "waste" LE resources? Trying to destroy ALL evidence would be quite difficult (I imagine) — and someone with LE background would probably know that.

JMO.

As a final note, I’ve been a true crime fanatic for a while but this case seems to have gripped my heart and refused to let go like no other. My heart goes out to those who knew SE. May she get the justice she deserves.

I am sure I have read his father died in November x

Yes. I don’t find it inconceivable that this led to sick leave. When my father had a stroke, a lot fell on my shoulders and I developed IBS which led to me needing some sick days. My GP told me at the time that it was a manifestation of the stress. Had I not experienced it I’m not sure I’d have believed it.

Isn't it typically young offenders that commit crimes like flashing and often escalate? The whole thing seems bizarre to me and I find it incredulous that he's spent his whole life displaying this sort of behaviour and got away with it because it's not been taken seriously by the police. Furthermore, there is nothing at the moment to support this, I would expect a few stories from friends, neighbours and colleagues in the tabloid press about a murky past or questionable character at the very least.

The reports in MSM about him being investigated for it support it IMO. Then being arrested for murder and kidnap of a young woman also make it likely also to me.

EDIT to add. The Met police are quoted here about the IE report.
“The man, who is aged in his 40s, was arrested on the evening of Tuesday, 9 March on suspicion of kidnap. Today, Wednesday, 10 March, he has been further arrested on suspicion of murder and a separate allegation of indecent exposure.” Mirror reported that Couzens had continued to work as a Met police officer despite an unrelated “complaint of indecent exposure just days” before Everard was taken.''

But he wouldn't display these urges/ behaviour to everyone. I'm sure friends and colleagues wouldn't know if he had sexual problems/paraphilia. That would leave intimate partners who either because he's married, or even because they're sex workers or are afraid of being judged, are not likely to have come forward about it.

It wouldn't matter if the SIM was in tact, if the phone is off whether that is because it's broken or has been turned off, it will not be possible to follow its location (there are a few exceptions if it's been turned off and not broken, like some spyware etc that means the phone goes into a deep sleep rather than turns off, and intentionally communicates periodically to gather a location without the owners knowledge; but very unlikely, so much so, it's not worth really considering).

There could be tech that's not known in the public domain I guess, but generally nope, as soon as it's off however it came to be off, that's that location wise.

Great analysis. Your 5, I am in the same place. Your 6, I am pretty sure I saw some in the garage of his home, but haven't had time to search for the pictures (there are so many). I guess the answer to this question will guide you to the answer of 5.

I think he already had the builders bags at home due to doing some work in the garden (making a pond) and another one being there. And it was used to wrap the body purely to disguise it as “fly tip”. Earlier today I linked a Kent Online article about the disused leisure centre right next to the woods where the Jody was found and there is a comment that the area has been used as a fly tip, particularly during lockdown. Can’t find the link right now.

Found the link. It's the history of the leisure centre that backs onto the woods where the body was found.

"Although it has not been confirmed exactly where Miss Everard's body was found on Wednesday, woodland behind the complex has been a key area of focus."

"A resident who lives nearby says the secluded plot has become a fly-tipping hotspot, particularly during lockdown."

The story of the abandoned leisure complex at centre of Sarah murder case

Last edited:
Sadly IE is rarely taken seriously isn't it, I guess resourcing plays a big part, but it's still involving someone else (usually a woman, so the balance of power is in their favour) in an act against their will that is likely to cause distress etc, and it's a disgrace. Sadly, I think many people know this and know the likelihood of it amounting to any sort of charge, even if their identity is known is low, which doesn't help. If anything positive can come out of this, I hope it is that further investment is made into the right bits of the police in order to take these sort of crimes seriously, and work towards making things safer for women.

Also agree with the comment about MH, and being mindful of what is said, ignorance toward it runs deep anyway, let alone with it being written about here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks