FL - Melissa Nease, 29, mother of 3, murdered in home, Ocklawaha, 28 Feb 2021

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 122964
  • Start date Start date
Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is always the possibility that the suspects broke in to steal a gun (or guns) that might have been owned by MN or her spouse. Then, the suspects were caught by MN who they thought was on a trip and she was shot with her own gun.

I think about what might have been of value in the house, and this comes to mind. People will rob less affluent homes for guns, electronics, and drugs.

This is my theory.

This is a weird situation. Out of a beaten path residence, not a wealthy area. Imo it must be some small time hoodlums thought the whole family was going to be gone or it was more personal and an opportunity taken advantage of.

People can be killed for owing a drug dealer as little as $200. Or gambling debts, or as revenge from a rival gang, etc.

People can be killed for owing a drug dealer as little as $200. Or gambling debts, or as revenge from a rival gang, etc.

Agree. The fact that this isn’t the richest neighborhood in town doesn’t stick out to me since people are often murdered for nothing, or very little.

Just an off theory but I wonder if the victim was the object of someone stalking or infatuated with her? I still know little about her so this is a guess. It’s not a rare motive tho.

IMO, “take the kids to TN” or “trip to see snow” reasonably leads to the assumption that the house would be vacant. Even homes in modest areas are likely to have electronics and maybe jewelry/cash. JMO, but the guy running & tripping over patio furniture suggests to me that he/they weren’t expecting someone at home. MOO.

My take on this is, one of the family members posted on social media, going away to TN. which gave the robbers clear way to go to their house.

Could be something as simple as telling a grocery cashier or having a casual conversation overheard by the wrong person. But I’m barely on social media, and even *I* see plenty of similar posts, especially from parents excited about taking kids on a special trip. Either way, I’m inclined to think these guys expected a vacant house. Just awful. MOO.

It’s disappointing to see nothing happening with this.
I agree, although it hasn’t been too long for this murder.
Is it just me, or do tons of murders seem to be going ice cold? Where are all the homicide detectives, on vacation? (My family were homicide, missing persons, NYPD, so I’m fond of them, it’s just every murder I’m following seems to either be unsolved, ice cold, or the perpetrators are getting away with little slaps on their hands.)☹️

Is it just me, or do tons of murders seem to be going ice cold? Where are all the homicide detectives, on vacation? (My family were homicide, missing persons, NYPD, so I’m fond of them, it’s just every murder I’m following seems to either be unsolved, ice cold, or the perpetrators are getting away with little slaps on their hands.)☹️

To your point, I’m in a very small and rural county in the south and we have 6 unsolved murders that are cold. It’s disturbing.

I was thinking the same thing a few days ago. And about all the trials that are basically dead in the water because of Covid.

I don’t get a love triangle vibe here so I’m thinking “young, dumb & broke” perps got in over their heads. A simple break in with theft and it deteriorated from there.

I’m kinda split on this. I think the theory of break in gone wrong is very possible, but so often we find out that it’s much deeper than initially appears. The bringing and use of a firearm sticks out to me tho I know some criminals find using a gun easy.

I’m kinda split on this. I think the theory of break in gone wrong is very possible, but so often we find out that it’s much deeper than initially appears. The bringing and use of a firearm sticks out to me tho I know some criminals find using a gun easy.

It is possible that the criminals didn't bring a gun but that they had a gun that was in the victim's house. The gun could have been one of the items they wanted to steal.

I’m guilty of maybe expecting too much from technology in these situations but it would seem that with all that took place in the home, there would be a shred of DNA or some type of evidence left behind.

Lakelegalnews.com

Tavares woman refuses to let her sisters murder turn into a cold case.

Reward offered, and sister mentions among many things that although two pitbulls crated the barking would deter anyone. Her words "they had to know the house".

Man, poor sister. Poor kids.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minklmouse
Back