Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is clickbait to get readers to read the article. Papers do it all the time,give a sensational headline and then the article only has a very remote connection.

yeah it's lazy journalism IMO there has been no real update on ella clancy who also went missing

Just read this bit further down
"Police arrested the suspect at his home in Deal on Tuesday following a tip-off about a car allegedly spotted on a motorist's dashcam near to where the missing woman was last seen. Yesterday a CCTV clip showing a woman passenger in a car was being examined"
Police search military tunnels near garage of Sarah Everard suspect

There has been quite a few posts about tracking the hire car which seem to have been confused that is was tracked on the night live. I’m unable to quote as on the previous thread.

This isn’t the case. Once the vehicle was identified as of interest they then used CCTV/ANPR to track it’s journey from the night SE was (allegedly) kidnapped.

I’m sure the hire car has been seized as the police had been able to identify it as a hire car, and found the identity of the person who was driving it. IMO.

Sarah Everard: Police investigating disappearance tracked hire car from Dover

Just that it says passenger, not front or back seat but just enough to make me think she prob was in car rather than boot IMO x
"Police arrested the suspect at his home in Deal on Tuesday following a tip-off about a car allegedly spotted on a motorist's dashcam near to where the missing woman was last seen. Yesterday a CCTV clip showing a woman passenger in a car was being examined"

I have a speculative idea about how the Accused disposed of Sarah’s body.

***alert: this may be too graphic so avoid if you are feeling sensitive.

We know from the photos of the police searching the house in Deal that he had builders bags and cement in the driveway because he was planning to do some work on the pool in the back garden. I think he put the body in the builder bag with wet cement. The reports state the body was wrapped in the bag, rather than enclosed. He only had to put her head and hands in to make the body unable to be identified because cement will burn skin down to the bone. Luckily her teeth would be intact and allow identification.

I wonder if the bags are somehow coded to the builder’s supply and can be linked to the delivery to his house. There are two builders merchants in Deal: Jewsons and MKM, but I would have expected them to have branded bags.
Just wanted to thank you for flagging this up sensitively Northern Sigh - very comsiderate, and it's appreciated.

Ooh well spotted! There was so much media coming out in one go at some point. So presumably either this info has been dismissed - or kept quiet for now. Speculation, MOO.

Good point x
Are the lights being turned on over night just for security? If anyone managed to get inside the house and tamper with things, they would be seen easily. If it was dark someone could be lurking for a long time unnoticed. The lights will just put people off trying to enter I’m sure. Also it will probably be protocol to protect evidence? It’s unlikely anyone would break in but they’ve got to protect it best they can.

yeah it's lazy journalism IMO there has been no real update on ella clancy who also went missing
Have you noticed that sometimes the article even contains the opposite story from the headline ??!

Sorry MancGuy, I copied the wrong post but you know what I mean about “journalism”...

Last edited:
Isn’t the fact that dental records were necessary for identification indicative that the body itself was unidentifiable?

I was told by an LE acquaintance that dental identifications aren't always "last resort" but are convenient if 1.) there is trauma to the face that would hinder familial identification or 2.) cause undue emotional pain and 3.) if digitized fingerprints are not already on file or 4.) trauma to the hands has made fingerprinting difficult.

Isn’t the fact that dental records were necessary for identification indicative that the body itself was unidentifiable?

They didn't state they were necessary, just that they were used. C. Dick also said remains would take time to identify. This could have been a sort of warning to the press not to get really wound up over it. It wasn't that long after was it? To me it could be just as simple as Sarah's DNA not being on file so asking of the family to get a reference sample would be distressing for them and take longer than dental records. Maybe none of the family were in a fit state?

I was told by an LE acquaintance that dental identifications aren't always "last resort" but are convenient if 1.) there is trauma to the face that would hinder familial identification or 2.) cause undue emotional pain and 3.) if digitized fingerprints are not already on file or 4.) trauma to the hands has made fingerprinting difficult.

Oh very interesting, cantaloupe. Thanks for that. Sometimes the way things are reported - to the forensically uninitiated that is - it sounds like dental records assist when all else fails. But this is great info.

Ooh well spotted! There was so much media coming out in one go at some point. So presumably either this info has been dismissed - or kept quiet for now. Speculation, MOO.

I remember someone here had posted traffic camera footage at 9.50pm (iirc) of a white car with two people inside. That would have been 10 mins approx after the marked police car and bus cameras footage. People here were commenting on how the person in the passenger seat looked in an odd position. I'm not sure how to find it again.

Great idea to check where the builders bag came from (to link with a purchase//address).

I believe someone earlier suggested the idea of the body being in concrete. But according to the link below, lime and concrete actually delay the decomposing - not that the perpetrator might know that! So it is possible and would certainly be very difficult to break up and examine a body.

My thought was the builders bag was just a convenient large thing to wrap a body in to disguise it, in a location where other junk/builders rubble has been tipped (we don't know that - that is MOO, speculation based on the info that the area was known for fly tipping).

Assume it's ok to link this academic article -if not then please remove or let me know!

"Of the many factors that affect buried remains, one that is particularly pertinent to forensic studies is the inclusion of lime in a burial. It would seem that assailants believe that lime accelerates the decomposition of soft tissues in buried remains. However, observations by forensic investigators suggest that lime actually tends to slow the decomposition of buried remains"

The Effect of Cement and wrapping on the Decomposition rate of the Rabbit Carcasses

Wouldn't covering a body in cement make it rather heavy too? It would then get much harder to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member