Meet & Greet for New Members #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey y'all! I've been into true crime & mysteries for a while now and I kept hearing about WS. So I finally decided to join & see what it's all about. I'm in Texas & going to college either for library sciences or criminology. I'm still deciding between pursuing a career as a librarian/archivist or something in the crime analysis world. Either way, I'm looking forward to using my skills to sleuth with you all!

Hi, I joined in December but have been lurking for about 2 years. Thought posting here would be a chance to test out what posting/ formatting is like. I’m Aya and I’m 19. Here to help whenever I can, especially for cases involving my peers.

Hi there! Welcome. I admire you both. It's rare to have the same passion. Keep it up and good luck to both of you!

Hi. I've always been interested and hyper-focused on true crimes since I was a teenager. I'm a 40 yo Autistic woman and tend to fall down rabbit holes of information which is where I came across WS on multiple occasions. I figured I'd dip my toes and see what the WS community has to offer. I look forward to reading and helping where I can.

Hi all. I have looked at this forum some here and there but didn't have the time to really dive into it. I just signed up last night because my friend recommended I make an account.

I was talking in the chatroom on the ULTRANormal podcast on YouTube last night and I have to say that sold me on this forum.

For those who weren't there, I'm a lead Cyber Investigator for the New York Initiative (I live in Chattanooga though!) and perhaps there are ways I can use my skills to help in here as well when I have the time. :)

Hi all,

After spending loads of time helping friends find bio parents and hours spent looking up Unsolved cases I heard about this site and decided to sign up. A bit worried I'm going to spend way too much time here. Any key tips I need to know about this site?

thanks!

cedarchick

Welp I joined the site a few months back when I was knee deep in re-watching The Killing Season for the third time. I am just now realizing that I never did one of these newbie posts and felt that it was time!
I am 30 years old and currently work as a Loan Processor for a large credit union in the state of Texas. I am also a student and will be graduating with a Bachelor's Degree in Social Psychology in less than two months. I am the definition of a true crime junkie and have a major addiction to anything that involves mayhem and murder. I probably get a little too obsessed with cases and take it upon myself to do and everything to solve them. I've been this way since I was about 12 years old so I figure why try to change it, just embrace it! :D

I am so happy to finally be a Web Sleuther...I can't promist that I will be active everyday because life is just BUSY! But I will be active as much throughout the week as I possibly can be. Looking forward to talking murder and crime with all of you! ;)

Sending sincere THANKS to our fearless leader Tricia and whomever answered my requests on FB. I was a member during JBR etc. then changed my desktop 3 times over the years, and couldn't get back in thanks to my 70 year old memory. Heck, couldn't even remember my username let alone my pw. I've finally gotten back, and missed the old gang sooooo much. Once I figure out this newer format and become more aquanted with everyone, I'll be active again! YEAAA AND MANY, MANY SINCERE THANKS TRICIA AND WEBSLEUTHERS!

Hello my name is Mark and I'm from Thornaby near Middlesbrough in the North East of England. I've been listening to true crime podcasts when out with my dog Fred. Serial was the first podcast I listened to and I was hooked from there. I loved the Making a murder series on Netflix. I've also listened to the Down the Hill podcast and this one affected me the most. This is the main reason for me being here. Anyway glad to see there's a lot of like minded people and good to be here. Feel free to say hi and also point me in the direction of any threads from UK you think I need to see. Thanks for ready Mark.

What about Jeff Boyd from Muhlenberg County? He and 2 others are charged with killing a woman and putting her in rhe trunk of her car.

Hi. I'm new here. I'm glad I found this site. I lost a childhood friend almost 2 years ago in my home state of Arizona and they never told me if it was an accident of if someone had murdered him. It was heartbreaking :(. Ever since then I've been fascinated by cold cases and the unidentified. Does anyone know how to change my profile pic?

Last edited:
First off, Hello. Im new but very excited to be here, I've been interested in true crime pretty much my whole life but as of the last year I've really sunk my teeth into it. So im excited to see what this forum has to offer. And as for my question..

I'm sure everybody asks but at first glance I get a little confused/overwhelmed by the layout. A lot of the cases on the first page most recent post says it was 5 years ago (sometimes 10). Im wondering what the simplest way to view the most recent/frequently engaged cases to get started with

Welcome @Bmh534 !

Agree with the above if you are new, it's easiest to get wrapped into active cases by looking at the newest posts.

Once you find a case you want to follow, click to subscribe by clicking on the "watch thread" words in blue that are right above the first post. You can then come back to the site and look at your "watched threads" by clicking on those words next to/vs. "new posts" in the header of the pages. (NOTE: If you ever comment within a thread, it automatically "enrolls/subscribes" you on that thread as a "watched thread".)

That's how I evolved in my use of the threads.

If you are most interested in missing persons and cold cases, click on those after perusal in that specific forum and start doing a "watch thread" there also.

It takes time to learn to navigate. Just be patient with yourself in learning such.

Again, Welcome!

ETA: There is also a thread here somewhere that is specific for newbies. BRB if I can find it to link for you, or perhaps if I don't return, someone else here can throw up that link.

I'm back...Here are links:

Newbies ask questions

Getting started - for newbies in this case - Q & A

General Questions, discussions, briefings, newbies, etc.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...s-stop-in-and-say-hi-freshman-mixer-2.561153/

Oh, and you may need this one also. It explains shorthand we use at WS.

Websleuths Lingo

Oh, and here is visual of area of what I was referring to as screen to have to find "watched threads", "new posts", watch thread". Also, you have an "inbox" so if someone pm's you or does an @ symbol before your name like I just did, it appears in your inbox.

NOTE: If you ever see something small like this, click on it and it will expand visually to full screen.

newbie.JPG

HTH!!

Last edited:
What about Jeff Boyd from Muhlenberg County? He and 2 others are charged with killing a woman and putting her in rhe trunk of her car.

Did you search for a thread for the crime? Can you link an LE report of main stream media article? Searching "Jeff Boyd" and "Muhlenberg" didn't help me.

A thread for the case helps other sleuths participate. Usually, the date, location, and victim's name are included in the thread title.

Hi all! I’m a retail employee in my twenties, and I’m deeply invested in criminal justice as a whole. I have a family of crime solvers and true crime enthusiasts, and I want nothing more than to see justice for all. I look forward to having this wonderful community at my fingertips as I dive into some cases that have stuck in my mind for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288