Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #131

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a look at BG again. Look closely at the blue jacket. It APPEARS to have a strap that fastens OVER the zipper. Not a flap. A strap. Look closely at the area I circled in red. If this has been brought up elsewhere before, someone let me know - I've not seen it discussed anywhere yet is all.

I'm sure LE have done this, or are working on it, but I mean, that's a pretty identifiable detail, if its there, and assuming I'm not making visuals up! Someone has to know someone who's got this jacket, had this jacket... no longer wears this thing!?

PLS NOTE: I used GIMP (free software similar to photoshop) to create the circle. I zoomed way in to around 300% on my screen but no other alterations were made. Source for the photo: Indiana State Police name man in photograph suspect in slayings of Delphi teens

Attachments

• BG.jpg
    BG.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 183
Have a look at BG again. Look closely at the blue jacket. It APPEARS to have a strap that fastens OVER the zipper. Not a flap. A strap. Look closely at the area I circled in red. If this has been brought up elsewhere before, someone let me know - I've not seen it discussed anywhere yet is all.

I'm sure LE have done this, or are working on it, but I mean, that's a pretty identifiable detail, if its there, and assuming I'm not making visuals up! Someone has to know someone who's got this jacket, had this jacket... no longer wears this thing!?

PLS NOTE: I used GIMP (free software similar to photoshop) to create the circle. I zoomed way in to around 300% on my screen but no other alterations were made. Source for the photo: Indiana State Police name man in photograph suspect in slayings of Delphi teens

I think it is difficult to discern details in this photograph because it has been enlarged from such a tiny image, so there are lines and blurs present as a result of that enlargement process with few pixels to provide detail.

However, to me it appears that BG may have the jacket on inside out. I notice that the yoke of the jacket (area from upper chest to shoulders and from opening to armpits) appears to be either quilted or at least a different fabric than the body of the jacket, and the sleeves also appear darker and to reflect light different than the rest of the jacket, as though they too are a different fabric. That would likely be because they are intended to be the interior, rather than the exterior of the jacket. And, I think what you see as a "strap" is actually the fabric straining at the location where the button of the jacket is pulled through the buttonhole to the other side. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think it's difficult to be sure.

I think it is difficult to discern details in this photograph because it has been enlarged from such a tiny image, so there are lines and blurs present as a result of that enlargement process with few pixels to provide detail.

However, to me it appears that BG may have the jacket on inside out. I notice that the yoke of the jacket (area from upper chest to shoulders and from opening to armpits) appears to be either quilted or at least a different fabric than the body of the jacket, and the sleeves also appear darker and to reflect light different than the rest of the jacket, as though they too are a different fabric. That would likely be because they are intended to be the interior, rather than the exterior of the jacket. And, I think what you see as a "strap" is actually the fabric straining at the location where the button of the jacket is pulled through the buttonhole to the other side. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think it's difficult to be sure.

Thanks for having a look and sharing your thoughts! I had not considered it might be inside out! That might actually make sense, as I was struggling to figure out IF that is a strap of some sort, HOW it attached to the jacket (manufacture made or something someone added at some point?)...

Super hard to tell, and of course, I acknowledge it could just be a blur. Sigh.

Thanks for having a look and sharing your thoughts! I had not considered it might be inside out! That might actually make sense, as I was struggling to figure out IF that is a strap of some sort, HOW it attached to the jacket (manufacture made or something someone added at some point?)...

Super hard to tell, and of course, I acknowledge it could just be a blur. Sigh.
It IS hard to tell and after I first started thinking he was wearing the jacket inside out while on the bridge, I asked myself, "then, wouldn't the pockets be on the outside too, and shouldn't those be noticeable?" And I just cannot tell from that image.

If he WAS wearing the jacket inside out before the abduction and murders, he may have turned it right side out for his departure from the scene, assuming he was worried about being seen if his path took him near others.

It IS hard to tell and after I first started thinking he was wearing the jacket inside out while on the bridge, I asked myself, "then, wouldn't the pockets be on the outside too, and shouldn't those be noticeable?" And I just cannot tell from that image.

If he WAS wearing the jacket inside out before the abduction and murders, he may have turned it right side out for his departure from the scene, assuming he was worried about being seen if his path took him near others.

Interesting idea: if that is some sort of reversible jacket it might be that he did turn it inside out (or right side in) to leave the scene. For all we know, he coulda been wearing that jacket and assisting in the search for the girls. :(

I wonder if he was kind enough to leave fibers from that jacket at the scene for LE to find?? Would that even help them that much?

That damn jacket could be from a thrift store back in the 90's that he only wore one or two times for all we know. SIGH. UGHH.

This was brought up way, way back in either the regular thread or possibly the image thread. The majority of the photos in the image thread were deleted when Websleuths did an upgrade on this site. So you might find words but no picture. Good luck finding it.

Interesting idea: if that is some sort of reversible jacket it might be that he did turn it inside out (or right side in) to leave the scene. For all we know, he coulda been wearing that jacket and assisting in the search for the girls. :(

I wonder if he was kind enough to leave fibers from that jacket at the scene for LE to find?? Would that even help them that much?

That damn jacket could be from a thrift store back in the 90's that he only wore one or two times for all we know. SIGH. UGHH.

I once followed a case, after the arrest of the suspect LE was successful in proving he’d purchased a specific type of footwear in the past at a certain department store, assumably through banking records, even though the shoes were not found at the time of his arrest. The footprints at the crime scene matched perfectly to the brand and style of footwear which he’d earlier purchased. It helped nail the conviction although by no means was that the sole evidence.

I would think it would be very difficult for LE to do the opposite - to identify a suspect based on clothing or footwear, especially if it was utterly common. But after an arrest is made, who knows, perhaps they can successfully connect him to the clothing as well.

JMO

This was brought up way, way back in either the regular thread or possibly the image thread. The majority of the photos in the image thread were deleted when Websleuths did an upgrade on this site. So you might find words but no picture. Good luck finding it.

Yes I recall many photos of various jackets pasted here in the past, all looking very much like the one in the grainy photo.

I don't think it is a jacket at all. I think it is blue pull-over windbreaker type thing. Possibly inside out, but not likely.

If the perp reads this site, he is prolly laughing his behind off.

But, everybody just carry on, over and over and over.......

Somebody needs to be brought into the station and shaken down. That is the only way this is going to move forward at this point. I chuckle when folks, rightly, point out that this might put a conviction at risk. Who cares? Get him in the public eye without further delay.

LE should have checked the surveillance footage from every fast food drive-tru in town for the 12, 13, n 14th. Odds are high in a small town like that they’d have found something. Interview the servers. Get the facial expressions, clothing, mannerisms, license plates, etc. Too late now.
Or gas stations too but they most likely did so.

Replying to my own post to add that I remember hearing about my son's hockey team going into a rival team's home rink a few hours before a game, to watch other teams play a game, with their team jackets turned inside out so they could avoid some of the usual insults hurled at them, and go incognito, so to speak. Pretty common to do this from what I understand. It works if all the other team stuff, like bags etc is not seen.

If people didn't volunteer to be tested, they'd have to get warrants for them and compel them to do so. This might not be easy to do without probable cause. Additionally, it assumes the perp is a resident of the area (he may not be). He may not ever have lived locally. If he did, he may have long since moved away.

I was not suggesting they would have to compel any one to do it , I said that they could "ask" them , it would have to be voluntary , I did not say it should be compulsory,
when this has been done before in cases people come forward and want to help by excluding themselves but the case i linked before actually the killer came forward and they caught him.

you would think with all the technology available these days that LE would have been able to improve this image JMO

I am thinking about the comment at the press conference about the killer might be here , hiding in plain sight, so I wonder if they have a list of all the volunteer searchers , could he have been one so to be close to the case? it would not surprise me if he had been one of them. JMO

I don't think it is a jacket at all. I think it is blue pull-over windbreaker type thing. Possibly inside out, but not likely.

If the perp reads this site, he is prolly laughing his behind off.

But, everybody just carry on, over and over and over.......

Somebody needs to be brought into the station and shaken down. That is the only way this is going to move forward at this point. I chuckle when folks, rightly, point out that this might put a conviction at risk. Who cares? Get him in the public eye without further delay.

If the families of the victims had a choice, I wonder, would they vote to just know who did it, what happened and as much why as possible? Or would they want to wait, potentially decades for an arrest / answers that might never come?

Tough call.

you would think with all the technology available these days that LE would have been able to improve this image JMO

I think they used the best technology they could - with help from Disney and NASA and this was the best they could do with however few pixels Libby managed to capture in her photo. Have to wonder if they've had these agencies review the photo since then?

FBI pleads for tips on Delphi murder victim's 14th birthday

You can't unfortunatly change the fact there are only so many data points, the density of which determines how much an image can be improved. You could potentially train a machine learning algorithm to spit out some likely possibilities by trying to "fill in the gaps" so to speak but you'd need a LOT of photos of different people close up and then at a similar distance to the suspect to train it.

I am thinking about the comment at the press conference about the killer might be here , hiding in plain sight, so I wonder if they have a list of all the volunteer searchers , could he have been one so to be close to the case? it would not surprise me if he had been one of them. JMO

The Delphi fire chief in episode 2 of the podcast Down the Hill said that 300 people signed in with the fire department staging area to help search (so their identities were known) but another 200 people (in his estimate) just showed up at one of many locations to help out and there is no record of exactly who they were.

Remember that people weren't just searching on RL's property or the bridge/trails area, they were also looking in nearby farm fields and along roads leading back toward Delphi.

And pardon me for being so blunt but people are thinking about this issue with their 2021 minds and 2021 technology this happened in 2017 and not all the surveillance was around the way it is today. Just saying.

It's true, as with any cold case there's so much "hindsight is 20/20" going on, for example:

"LE messed up by not keeping the official search going throughout the night"
VS.
"LE messed up by allowing all these searchers to contaminate the crime scene all night long."

What's really crazy is that sometimes the same people complain about both of these things. I'm glad LE are patient with the public in this case. Or they appear to be.

The Delphi fire chief in episode 2 of the podcast Down the Hill said that 300 people signed in with the fire department staging area to help search (so their identities were known) but another 200 people (in his estimate) just showed up at one of many locations to help out and there is no record of exactly who they were.

Remember that people weren't just searching on RL's property or the bridge/trails area, they were also looking in nearby farm fields and along roads leading back toward Delphi.

he could of been one of them imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members