AZ - Solomon, WhtFem, 13-16, UP77029, on ranch land, Oct'20 - Cadence Langley *arrest*

I agree but wouldn't there be blood on her clothing? If her head was taken off maybe the clothes were put on her postmortem?

I am not sure in what state her remains were found and not sure they were already skeletal. Word decomposed was used. I think post mortem was said to be fairly recent but I have to double check on that.

Yea you are right. I did some research on decom. and purification of human remains last night and purification/decom. can begin up to 36 hrs after death and lasts up to four weeks.

Yea you are right. I did some research on decom. and purification of human remains last night and purification/decom. can begin up to 36 hrs after death and lasts up to four weeks.

It seems also there is some adult/fully-developed flies next to the pieces of hair which indicates that she was there/dead for atleast two days.

Revisiting initial reports and quoting myself.
Body found by hunter listed as a female between 14 and 22
Being investigated as homicide.
Found by a hunter off Artesia Road near the corrals
Female 14 and 22 years of age.
Wrapped in a tarp ...in a 4- by 2-foot float box used to water livestock
Investigating: Graham County Sheriff P.J. Allred

Human Remains Found in Bag
October 26, 2020 at approximately 1149 hours Graham County Dispatch received a call from a hunter

Map to Location

There is an article that is behind a paid subscription that gives a few more details. Medical Examiner determines body was that of a girl or woman

Some excerpts from that article:
Detectives have their suspicions as to how she died... she was the victim of a homicide,... (but they aren't releasing that info).
A quail hunter called the sheriff’s office around noon Monday to say he’d found a bag near Artesia Road and suspected a dead child was inside of it because there were toys next to it.
... the body was actually in a tarp...There was nothing on or with the body to help authorities identify her.
This case frustrates me. A young girl is found murdered and very little information has been given to help identify her. Initial reports said she was wrapped in a tarp. I wonder if the reported "tarp" was actually the robe/gown. Was she wrapped in the robe or was she actually wearing it? Was she wearing any other pieces of clothes (underwear?) What else was found with the body? Was there also a tarp? Were there toys nearby? Was she placed in water or was the float box empty?

Looking at the satellite image of the corral, there is a rectangular shape at the bottom of the round water holding trough. I think that's the "float box". The water is held in the round trough which feeds water into the rectangular box which the cows drink from. The water level in the box is controlled by a float.

Revisiting initial reports and quoting myself.

This case frustrates me. A young girl is found murdered and very little information has been given to help identify her. Initial reports said she was wrapped in a tarp. I wonder if the reported "tarp" was actually the robe/gown. Was she wrapped in the robe or was she actually wearing it? Was she wearing any other pieces of clothes (underwear?) What else was found with the body? Was there also a tarp? Were there toys nearby? Was she placed in water or was the float box empty?

Looking at the satellite image of the corral, there is a rectangular shape at the bottom of the round water holding trough. I think that's the "float box". The water is held in the round trough which feeds water into the rectangular box which the cows drink from. The water level in the box is controlled by a float.

Yea its very frustrating. And wasn't there toys found with her? So that's even weirder unless the killer put them there as trash? I don't know it's frustrating.

Or the girl could just have really short hair (like a short pixie)? It's not an uncommon haircut for a teenager.

Thats what I originally thought aswell. The cuttings of her hair do seem more on the shorter side, so I feel like here hair was no more than 10-12 inches in length.

If her head was missing how could they know her hair was three inches in lenght? Did they just measure the chunks of hair?

The ME put this girl's age at the lower end of the range 13 to 15 years. Such a young girl, someone should be looking for her. It's a long shot, but maybe we should look at babies/young girls that went missing in the last 13 to 15 years? Could she be someone who has been held captive for a long time?

I reckon that putting a corpse in a reaper costume might be a suitable way to transport remains in late October without drawing much attention. Halloween decoration or scarecrow

The costume may have been the UID's, but may also have been a convenient way to disguise remains for transport, particularly given the time of disposal in late October. I reckon it would be easy to pass off as a decoration or scarecrow to anyone that might catch sight (assuming they also don't catch scent). People in both rural and urban areas of the US have routinely written off deceased persons as decorations or pranks.

As for the state of the remains, they must have something usable to have ruled out Alicia Navarro so quickly. I don't know that DNA would have been processed this quickly, so perhaps dentals are available or there is a specific physiological characteristic that made the rule-out possible.

There might not be a skull, or perhaps the skull is too damaged to facilitate a recon. You'd think that someone concerned with removing head/hands wouldn't leave any hair, even shorn locks, considering that we can now develop full profiles from rootless hair. But this is a quite new development (publicized as of 2019) and...well...I wouldn't expect too many murderers to be keen readers of science journalism. Considering the uniformity of the hair pieces (curled, roughly the same length, considerably darker than sandy), it might have come from a decomposing wig. Coloring could be bad photography/editing, grime, or blood.

Then again, thinking about the remains, there might not be all limbs/head present. I think it would be awfully hard to stuff a 5'1" body wrapped in a tarp into a 4' box. On the other hand, 5'1" is an incredibly precise height, even for skeletal remains, to not have all pieces present. Regardless of height, I think weight will reflect normal or low BMI if the cardigan is the UID's. This seems to the junior/regular model, rather than the plus-sized model of the Hot Topic cardigan.

Last, I've found that even UIDs with short PMIs (like hours or even 1-2 days) are often marked as "skeletal" and "decomposing beyond recognition". One of my biggest gripes about NamUs is that the system allows for "lazy" drop-down selections without mandatory explanatory notes, as well as for incomplete entries without spell checks (the frequent number zero subbed for the letter "o" is infuriating and prevents accurate searching).

Unfortunately, I think the UID may not have a correlated MP report until school resumes fully and administrators check attendees against 2020 notified moves/drop-outs. I think the young age suggests familial violence or an unreported foster home runaway. Undocumented or migrant labor is also a possibility. It's just so odd that the person who discarded her had hundreds of square miles of uninhabited desert, yet chose a place where she'd necessarily be found. Was fast disposal (or fast relocation) a necessity? Did anyone suddenly put property up for sale, or been evicted (legally or illegally) in late October within an hour radius?

As for the state of the remains, they must have something usable to have ruled out Alicia Navarro so quickly. I don't know that DNA would have been processed this quickly, so perhaps dentals are available or there is a specific physiological characteristic that made the rule-out possible.

Hair colour, perhaps?

It's just so odd that the person who discarded her had hundreds of square miles of uninhabited desert, yet chose a place where she'd necessarily be found. Was fast disposal (or fast relocation) a necessity? Did anyone suddenly put property up for sale, or been evicted (legally or illegally) in late October within an hour radius?

Agree, they could have walked out into the desert a bit and leave here there somewhere, but they chose the one and only obvious property on that road.

RE: the o's and zeros mixed up in many older Namus reports, and speaking as an official old fart who worked with typewriters and then with computers: there are a couple of things that might be going on.

Many typewriters didn't used to have a separate key for zero. You'd just use an uppercase O. When data entry became more powerful, those of us who learned the older system had to relearn the new key, so mistakes were frequent.

The other thing that could be happening is that the old records of cases were typed on cards or forms using a typewriter, and were processed with OCR (optical character reader) technology to speed up data entry. The OCR readers don't have any way to tell that the same character "O" needs to be read as a zero in some places and a letter o in others, so it just translates them all to the same thing, usually to zero.

In all cases, obviously there was never any proofreading :p Probably due to lack of personnel.

snipped for focus

These days recent DNA can be processed in only a few days.

Fingerprints would also be a possibility.

The ME put this girl's age at the lower end of the range 13 to 15 years. Such a young girl, someone should be looking for her. It's a long shot, but maybe we should look at babies/young girls that went missing in the last 13 to 15 years? Could she be someone who has been held captive for a long time?

could explain the toys if true

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304