Found Deceased Canada - Jaxon Macdonald, 15, Duck Mountain Provincial Park Saskatchewan, 13 Mar 2021 *$100k reward*

Thank you for all of this information along with the map, @evilwise. Very much appreciated! Now, I have a better understanding of the layout of the land there.

If Jaxon's Mom was driving from their home in Kamsack - apparently a 12 minute drive, then it is disturbing that Jaxon's body was found in the opposite direction from Kamsack.

The saddening yet possible scenario of Jaxon wandering off and perishing of hypothermia has tragically happened to others before.

Unless the investigators uncover something else.

We may not hear any updates from the authorities until their investigation is completed.

Missing teen found deceased on park island
"Jaxon was last seen leaving a residence/cottage on foot in the Jubilee Subdivision area of Duck Mountain Provincial Park around 12:30 a.m. on Sunday March 14. His destination was a residence/cottage in the same subdivision, not far away."
I think the news reports just say Kamsack because that's the nearest town and where the RCMP investigating is out of. When his mother says she was just five minutes away and that "our cabins are just a block away from each other" it makes me think their home is there in the Jubilee subdivision.

I also in my rereading see that the contact was via text message not a voice call. Sometimes text messages don't go through instantaneously especially in rural areas so the "ten minutes" timeline might not be entirely accurate but it does make me think she was closer by than Kamsack.

It's possible that they live in Kamsack but also have a cabin by the lake that Jaxon was supposed to be returning to to spend the night but he texted for her to pick him up because something changed about his plan. That's a more suspicious scenario but there really just isn't specific enough information to say.

That is why I wondered if a snowmobiler spotted him on the ice between the islands, especially since Jaxon's black clothing would stand out in the snow or on the ice. Just a possibility and JMO

Certainly a possibility or someone heading out ice fishing, cross country skiing, hiking etc.

Madge Lake is a year-round destination with winter offering a completely frozen lake and ice fishing as well as snowmobile trails and cabin rentals.

Madge Lake - Google Maps

Home |Madge Lake Developments| Madge Lake Retreats| Duck Mountain Provincial Park| Kamsack | Madge Lake | Cabin Rental | Condo Rental | Hunting | Fishing | Zone 37|

Would like to know as well. He went missing from the Jubilee subdivision but for the life of me I can't figure out where that is?? Is anyone can figure it out its much appreciated!
The subdivision is in Madge Lake provincial park about 15 minutes from Kamsack.

Thank you for this information and the map, @bombardier . Greatly appreciated!
His mom was 5 minutes away, in the same subdivision.
I looked up the directions on the map you've given us and added where Jaxon's home is - the town of Kamsack. (I'm assuming his Mom was coming from Kamsack to pick him up)

Where Jaxon was found is in the opposite direction to his home (Kamsack).

I understand that the ice would be frozen in that area and that it's a good destination for snowmobilers. Perhaps someone who was snowmobiling spotted him. According to the news articles, Jaxon was dressed in black and his clothing would stand out from the snow and ice. Just my opinion.

This is so dreadful.

Google Maps

I think the news reports just say Kamsack because that's the nearest town and where the RCMP investigating is out of. When his mother says she was just five minutes away and that "our cabins are just a block away from each other" it makes me think their home is there in the Jubilee subdivision.

I also in my rereading see that the contact was via text message not a voice call. Sometimes text messages don't go through instantaneously especially in rural areas so the "ten minutes" timeline might not be entirely accurate but it does make me think she was closer by than Kamsack.

It's possible that they live in Kamsack but also have a cabin by the lake that Jaxon was supposed to be returning to to spend the night but he texted for her to pick him up because something changed about his plan. That's a more suspicious scenario but there really just isn't specific enough information to say.
They live in Regina. They have a cabin/cottage at the lake. Regina is 3 hour drive.

I feel he went to the island on his own, on foot...I think he planned for it, fwiw.
Sorry but it makes sense to me.

This case is troubling to me. I know the area and how Jaxon ended up on the island is highly suspicious. It's a heavily treed area so it's not like he was drunk and stumbled on the wrong direction. Plus he would have to cross a large section of ice. I believe his body was dumped and hidden there. It took searchers (that know the area) days to find him. I also read a rumor that he was on the Cote first Nation Reservation. (1/2 drive) if so, that would not be a good place for a 15 yr old white kid.

I feel he went to the island on his own, on foot...I think he planned for it, fwiw.
Sorry but it makes sense to me.

What makes you think this? He texted his mom to pick him up. I'm wondering if he sent the text. Why text mom for a pickup and then take off on foot to a woody area in winter ... He clearly wasn't dressed for it. Did something happen at the party? And someone (s) tried to hide evidence? This case raises more questions for me everytime I read more about it.

Oh, really? Could you clarify? Are there racial tensions there or that kind of thing? What's going on?
I lived in the area many years ago. Typically white kids didn't party on the reservations ( there's 3 in the area) bad *advertiser censored* happened at those parties. Kids stabbed and dead. So to read he was on the Cote reservation (just rumor no fact) is deeply concerning.

I lived in the area many years ago. Typically white kids didn't party on the reservations ( there's 3 in the area) bad **** happened at those parties. Kids stabbed and dead. So to read he was on the Cote reservation (just rumor no fact) is deeply concerning.

Aaah, if so, that's sad to hear and also increases the probability that he died by nefarious means. MOO.

For those wondering about the high reward value... It was actually 200k. His family is wealthy.. rich? I don't know. But Jaxon's aunt is sister to Jarrett Stoll the famous hockey player. I'm guessing they just wanted their LO back and money was no object especially since the mom originally thought he may have been abducted.

I am leaning more towards a violent ending, not of his own making. I think he may have been 'hassled' by some unsavoury types at the party....maybe he talked to the wrong girl or something?

I think he decided to leave the party and texted his mom for a quick pick up...and may have waited outside for her arrival....

It is possible that some low life's grabbed him and dumped him on the island, to slow down the process? Maybe for no other reason but that he was a 'rich kid' from out of town. Many times the local kids , in tourist areas, have beef with the 'out of town cabin owners', and will jump them and rob them for sport.

He was a good looking wealthy kid, that was alone and vulnerable. Heartbreaking...:(

I am leaning more towards a violent ending, not of his own making. I think he may have been 'hassled' by some unsavoury types at the party....maybe he talked to the wrong girl or something?

I think he decided to leave the party and texted his mom for a quick pick up...and may have waited outside for her arrival....

It is possible that some low life's grabbed him and dumped him on the island, to slow down the process? Maybe for no other reason but that he was a 'rich kid' from out of town. Many times the local kids , in tourist areas, have beef with the 'out of town cabin owners', and will jump them and rob them for sport.

He was a good looking wealthy kid, that was alone and vulnerable. Heartbreaking...:(

I'm thinking along though lines too. I'm wondering if he sent the last text though. His mom was five minutes away! And from what I can remember, that area is a mix from surrounding areas. People go there to ski in winter and the lake in summer. It's a gem location in eastern southern Sask and Manitoba ( it borders both provinces.

The RCMP have released a statement saying no foul play was indicated.

https://www.620ckrm.com/2021/03/18/278472/

So heartbreaking. I wonder if he became disoriented and succumbed to hypothermia.

He must have been really intoxicated as his cottage was just a block away. I've heard kids go to this island to party .. there's picnic tables and fire pits there. It would be plausible if he was dressed for the weather Sask is colllddd in March.

He must have been really intoxicated as his cottage was just a block away. I've heard kids go to this island to party .. there's picnic tables and fire pits there. It would be plausible if he was dressed for the weather Sask is colllddd in March.
do you know which island he was found on? has it been released?
hopefully toxicology results will come quickly. he must have been HEAVILY intoxicated to voluntarily leave the residential area, get on the ice (which would not feel like ground and I'm sure would be kind of cumbersome to get onto in the first place), and walk a good distance with the thought that he was walking towards his own cabin. idk, I'm just not buying it (MOO), unless he had ulterior motives for leaving and was possibly trying to reach one of the islands or taking a short-cut to another area of Duck Mountain.
Also, I'm surprised that LE could issue a statement saying no foul play (indicated) only two days after they found the body! Hopefully the investigation is thorough and the other kids have been questioned heavily.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back