Coronavirus Vaccine: Would you/did you get it?

If you were offered the Pfizer vaccine in the next 30 days would you take it?

• Yes

Votes: 42 62.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here (UK) we have reached aged 16+ with certain health conditions in working our way through the priority list. I have received my appointment for 1st April with the 2nd dose appointment for 22 June, at my local pharmacy. It will be Astra Zeneca. I am very relieved! Most people I know only received their 1st appointment with no date for the second (initially), so I think this might be a new thing to book both appointments at the same time.

I don’t know if we have a follow-up monitoring app like yours; I hope so.

Here (UK) we have reached aged 16+ with certain health conditions in working our way through the priority list. I have received my appointment for 1st April with the 2nd dose appointment for 22 June, at my local pharmacy. It will be Astra Zeneca. I am very relieved! Most people I know only received their 1st appointment with no date for the second (initially), so I think this might be a new thing to book both appointments at the same time.

I don’t know if we have a follow-up monitoring app like yours; I hope so.
I never realized the AZ doses were so far apart..April 1-June 22. What is that, 6+ weeks? Moderna is 4 and Pfizer is 3 here in the US. I've had both doses of Moderna. 2nd shot was scheduled the day of the first shot, as I believe all are for the most part here.

Hope they have an app for you as well. It's comforting in a way, almost like a doc checking in to make sure all is well.

I never realized the AZ doses were so far apart..April 1-June 22. What is that, 6+ weeks? Moderna is 4 and Pfizer is 3 here in the US. I've had both doses of Moderna. 2nd shot was scheduled the day of the first shot, as I believe all are for the most part here.

Hope they have an app for you as well. It's comforting in a way, almost like a doc checking in to make sure all is well.

Am not 100% sure but I think it has to be within 12 weeks.

Because they front-loaded the vaccine programme with getting a 1st dose to as many people as poss as a priority that means the 2nd dose will be within time-limits but towards the back-end of them I suppose, as there is a bit of catch up

The advice from the manufacturer is that it should be within 3 weeks I believe, UK has taken a bit of a gamble that injecting it a lot later to front-load the 1st dose as Ellie said is actually more effective across an entire population - Which seems to be working.

24-hour post Pfizer shot update

Only symptom is slight pain if I push on the area where injection was. Much less pain than my second Shingrex that I received in in January where I couldn't even sleep on that side.

ETA: Addressing the post above mine. The sheet I received from my site yesterday states that the second dose of Pfizer and Moderna may be administered up to 6 weeks.....and even if later no need to restart the series. Those are the only two this site in the US is using.

Two things I've found out since I last posted.
1) My doctor says there is NO TEST to measure our antibody response level 2-3 weeks or so after our last vaccination for COVID. This is not how other vaccines work.
It means basically there is currently no blood test done which can confirm that yes, this person wanting to cruise to the Greek Isles has had her COVID vaccination series in the USA. Those papers or card they give us may matter a LOT!! ( My passport has expired now and I know the vaccine status will come into play with a passport renewal).

2) The young lady in Utah who died 3 days after her vaccine: The coroner has performed her complete autopsy. There are NO results pending.
He is not releasing the results.
Coroner did say he had released the info to the family and they are free to release it to the press if they choose. I'm sure they're grieving their loss of her, and I pray for them.

Sorry this isn't a happy, peppy post. It's just " neutral" but I do try to do better. :)

It's very severely painful, and never really lets up until the stent is out...
I had 3 within 2 months.
My brand new husband filed for divorce, said he didn't realize he was marrying a " Chronically ill young wife".

I got the divorce action stopped, because he was nuts over " someone he loved being sick" and didn't even act like a teenager, much less a man in his 30's.
He's still a DB about illness and severe pain though.
I got him back once. He had a disc fused in his cervical spine in Dallas. I hired a limo to and from the hospital. All part of my plan.

Once he got inside the house, doing just fine, I didn't lift a finger to do a thing for him. It was " Ride hard or die" time for HIM that time.

Yeah, a COVID vaccine is pretty much a gnat flying around compared to the pain of kidney stones and procedures to remove them and then keep the urinary system open and functioning for about 2 weeks each time.

COVID was about on par with the renal problems because I had pain pills for the renal surgeries, but no one in their right mind who could stay at home during COVID would have taken a respiratory depressant medication, you know?

In the end, it all balances out, and I've had very robust health for many years. This Reactive Airway Disease ( Asthma) from COVID will stabilize with the new meds I have, and when we are free of the masking, I'm going to walk every day outdoors, and hike, and sit by the river and love nature's beauty. :)
I hope EVERYONE has made plans for little happy things to do after the masks are off, whenever it's safe to remove them... We'll know, b/c the pandemic will be over.
My husband and I are homebodies due to the pandemic. I am so careful as to where I would go. Before I could get my 1st vaccine, I fell and broke my femur, and required hospitalization and surgery. I wore a mask at the hospital even when I slept. On the night before I was discharged, a travel nurse was assigned to me. We made small talk and she told me she works a Covid-19 ICU and was pulled to the ortho hospital for the night. The nurse declined her vaccine because it was too new. I thought, my luck, I’ve been careful for 11 months. Thankfully, I was safe.

Had my jab today. Zeneca. V well organised in my local cinema complex. It's a 10 minute drive and home to home, it was just 30 mins.

Had it at 9.30am and it's 7pm now. Back is starting to seize up which feels weird but not too bad at all. Have the day off work tomorrow so I can just go with it if needed.

I’m 5 days post 2nd Moderna and no had side effects other than very mild soreness at injection site. The first shot was way more painful. My son got his 2nd Pfizer, had no soreness but he was achy and tired for about 24 hrs.

Stay safe all!

I’m 5 days post 2nd Moderna and no had side effects other than very mild soreness at injection site. The first shot was way more painful. My son got his 2nd Pfizer, had no soreness but he was achy and tired for about 24 hrs...

Neighbor reported similar side effects with 2nd Pfizer shot and said that he basically spent 24 hours in bed. Late twenties dental hygienist had the Moderna and said she felt terrible for 12-24 hours following her second sh- achy, dizzy, fatigued but said she would go through it again to be protected from Covid. DH and I get our 2nd Pfizer shots next week and hope we have only mild side effects, if any.

Yesterday , I drove 2 miles to local High School and enjoyed a very positive group of well organized volunteers to receive my first shot of the Pfizer vaccine. Soreness in my arm started in the night , but that is all. I felt like it was an historic event.

Would it help anyone to know why some people have bothersome side effects, and others have exactly what they have had with flu vaccines and what they expected?

Also, to understand why the second vaccine MIGHT be " the doozy" one?

Many of us, including me, can tell you how the body responds to immunization.
If you've had children or grandchildren who've had their " baby shots", then you know the " terrible twos" ( the walking toddlers) had a much redder injection site, ( usually upper leg) and the area felt warm to the touch for 24 or so hours.
The 2 year old fussed and cried, but the 1 year old getting the same vaccines didn't.
The 2 year old MAY have a mild fever, the 1 year old likely didn't. ( I realize there are differences but I'm going by what usually happens with the thing we call " Biologic Immune Response" to keep children from getting the killing rare diseases their injections protect them from. ( And pregnant women and their unborn babies!)

It's like climbing stairs for our bodies/ immune system. One " hit" to a body never exposed to a vaccine in a series of staggered vaccines will produce a fairly robust effect in a young person, less in a mature adult because as we age, our immune systems are not as fast or robust. We might feel just as bad as the little kid with their " baby shots" but on average, usually NOT.

Because there are some circulating antibodies from a first injection at the time of a second injection, people feel the discomfort more. It's like being on the third step of a staircase instead of the first step 4-12 weeks after the first vaccine has been given.
The second vaccine interacts with the moderate to robust amount of circulating antibodies from the first vaccine and people MAY feel like they have a mild cold.
This is a GOOD reaction as long as breathing is unimpeded and there's no allergic reaction to the vaccine.
Young adults will usually have this type of " want to stay in bed and open a can of soup" more than those over 45-50.

It's ALL OK, as long as the symptoms do go away, and the person's not passing out or some other dire thing from a vaccine series of 2 vaccines. Feeling bad for a day or two, even three, in the absence of an alarming symptom means the vaccine IS WORKING and will likely protect the person within 2 weeks from the nastiest part of COVID-19.
This may change as variants emerge.

Blessings and greatly positive thoughts to all who will be getting their vaccines soon, and for those who are fully vaccinated already.
Huge helpings of hope for those who haven't yet been contacted in your area or state or country. We are all in this together. The names of the vaccines may vary but the usually mild side effects are from a long- known cause and effect in immunology.

I would of course go through it again (second dose of Moderna yesterday). First shot was no big deal (sore arm), second shot was definitely no fun. It's now 26 hours since the shot and fever is dropping and I'm feeling much better, although weak, unsteady on my feet, low fever and a bit of a headache. I'd rate all the symptoms as moderate (I was a bit dizzy at one point after the first shot - I rated that mild).

Tylenol helped a lot (paracetamol). DH has been opening and closing windows and bringing blankets or taking them away since 3 am.

But, at least I know the vaccine is working and while my brain is working verrry slowly (along with my fingers), the worst of it is over! My reaction was pretty robust, much like my 37 year old daughter's reaction.

All I can think about, is how miserable it must be to have any symptomatic case of COVID, as it's been years since I had a fever or body aches.

Neighbor reported similar side effects with 2nd Pfizer shot and said that he basically spent 24 hours in bed. Late twenties dental hygienist had the Moderna and said she felt terrible for 12-24 hours following her second sh- achy, dizzy, fatigued but said she would go through it again to be protected from Covid. DH and I get our 2nd Pfizer shots next week and hope we have only mild side effects, if any.

I wish you all the best, Bette - and it's clear that even a mild reaction shows the vaccine is working. Most people I know aren't have a hard time with the second one, and I guess I was just being optimistic, as I usually am. I slept 20 of the last 24 hours! I'm usually an insomniac - but sleeping through most of it was definitely the best plan I could have hatched.

Vaccine at 11:30 am, chills and fever started at 3 am, Tylenol helped very much, and now it's 3:30 (so about 12 hours after symptoms started) and I'd say I feel pretty normal (arm pain, brain fog, that's about it, just like the first shot).

I wish you all the best, Bette - and it's clear that even a mild reaction shows the vaccine is working. Most people I know aren't have a hard time with the second one, and I guess I was just being optimistic, as I usually am. I slept 20 of the last 24 hours! I'm usually an insomniac - but sleeping through most of it was definitely the best plan I could have hatched.

Vaccine at 11:30 am, chills and fever started at 3 am, Tylenol helped very much, and now it's 3:30 (so about 12 hours after symptoms started) and I'd say I feel pretty normal (arm pain, brain fog, that's about it, just like the first shot).

As a person who just last night had about 3 hours sleep, I would love to sleep like that. As Dr. Seheult says (MedCram) our bodies do wonders when we are sleeping - the brain takes over and says healing time/attack time!

Should I assume you received Moderna? (Many folks said which one on first shot, but I cannot recall anyone now)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member