Deceased/Not Found OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 Feb 2019 #3

I saw this story in the local news this morning;

Police investigating after body found on trail in northeast Columbus | 10tv.com

I'm not really sure how plausible it is that this would be Tyler, but it's the most plausible find yet. It's about four miles away from Abbot Labs. The trail referred to in the article is the Alum Creek Trail, which is a bike/walking trail that follows the creek, crossing it now and again. There is a point near Sunbury & Agler where he could have found the trail without having to cross Alum Creek. If he followed the trail south from there, he could find his way to where this body was located. The trail is safe during the day, but I would not want to be on any Columbus bike trails at the hour he would have been there.

The discovery is so new, that there is just not much in detail yet. It's a busy trail, but there are woods there that could hide a body. The news article isn't even very clear on how far away from the trail the body was. If it's right next to the trail then clearly it's new and not Tyler.

I'm keeping an eye on this story.

I saw this story in the local news this morning;

Police investigating after body found on trail in northeast Columbus | 10tv.com

I'm not really sure how plausible it is that this would be Tyler, but it's the most plausible find yet. It's about four miles away from Abbot Labs. The trail referred to in the article is the Alum Creek Trail, which is a bike/walking trail that follows the creek, crossing it now and again. There is a point near Sunbury & Agler where he could have found the trail without having to cross Alum Creek. If he followed the trail south from there, he could find his way to where this body was located. The trail is safe during the day, but I would not want to be on any Columbus bike trails at the hour he would have been there.

The discovery is so new, that there is just not much in detail yet. It's a busy trail, but there are woods there that could hide a body. The news article isn't even very clear on how far away from the trail the body was. If it's right next to the trail then clearly it's new and not Tyler.

I'm keeping an eye on this story.

Thank you for posting, another outlet is saying it was an "unclothed woman" but there is still very little information at this point.
'Unclothed' woman's body found on trail in North Columbus Saturday morning

Could someone please provide a link to a male, of Tyler's age and social demographic, in the United States, being a victim of human trafficking? Just one example? Because it defies logic to think that human traffickers were out at that time of the night, in that area, scouting for victims, and found Tyler, who fit what they were looking for.

The most reasonable explanation is that he is someone in that area. We've seen countless cases where a body is found in an area that was already searched. And it there is construction involved, well, an even better chance that the person may not be found.

I hope more searches are done in the spring and that Tyler can be brought home to his family on last time.

all MOO

Males- The Silent Victims of Human Trafficking | Just Ask

here is a link that explains what type of trafficking men are used for and why it doesn’t get a lot of media attention. I think he may have found himself an easy target.

Although that is an interesting website regarding human trafficking, it does not site any examples of victims that fit Tyler's situation whatsoever. I find it highly improbable he was a victim of human trafficking, so we will have to agree to disagree on that.

Although that is an interesting website regarding human trafficking, it does not site any examples of victims that fit Tyler's situation whatsoever. I find it highly improbable he was a victim of human trafficking, so we will have to agree to disagree on that.

I actually don't disagree with you in that it's highly improbable, but I guess after two years of the unknown I'm just looking at all angles. Sometimes when cases like this get an answer it seems to be really simple or right under our noses so I'm hoping for that if he is deceased.

text of above link

DELAWARE, Ohio (WCMH) — The remains of a man were discovered Monday in a tote near Alum Creek Lake.

Multiple law enforcement agencies responded around 8:30 a.m. after a kayaker who was cleaning up debris and trash at Alum Creek Lake State Park came across a plastic tote, opened it and found a human leg inside.
Hours later, the tote was recovered and a full body was found inside.

Officials identified the person as a male and sent the remains to the Montgomery County coroner’s office for further testing.

Involved in the search were the Delaware County Sheriff’s Office, the state Bureau of Criminal Investigations, and the Department of Natural Resources.

I wonder why they sent him to the Montgomery County coroner. Franklin County would have been the closest major county. Weird.

I don't know if I think this is Tyler. The way he just dropped off the face of the earth, I guess anything is possible. Regardless, at least this will probably solve someone's disappearance.

I wonder why they sent him to the Montgomery County coroner. Franklin County would have been the closest major county. Weird.

I don't know if I think this is Tyler. The way he just dropped off the face of the earth, I guess anything is possible. Regardless, at least this will probably solve someone's disappearance.

Emily Noble's remains were sent there as well. I wonder if Montgomery County has advanced capabilities of some sort?

I don't have a great opinion of the Montgomery County coroner because of a case that I followed here a few years back. But I suppose that's neither here nor there. I'm not sure if they have more advanced technology, but maybe. I suppose it just could be an issue of time/space. Maybe the Franklin County coroner is just busier than Montgomery County.

I agree, it may not be him, but I thought it was worth posting ...just in case.

That's been the case for years, even back when I lived in Columbus a long time ago. Many other counties in Ohio also use Montgomery County.

I did a quick Namus search for missing white men in Ohio, who went missing between January 2019 and now, and it came up with 17 names. Three in the Columbus area - Ashton Green, Tyler Davis, and Dennis Fout. Ashton Green is the most recent, 4/3/20.

I missed a guy, Brent Grizzell. I was thinking that it probably isn't him, because Namus says he's 6'5" and it would be hard to get someone that large into a tote. But maybe not if it was a really big tote. Tyler is the smallest of the four missing men at 5'9".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back