Why doesn't anyone think it could've been John.

So, John Ramsey takes a rope and makes a knot leaving a space to fit a head. He puts this on JonBenét's head and drops it down to his neck. When that happens, he squeezes harder.
Instantly, when doing this, he yells at Patsy Ramsey (he was very angry), he said a lot of bad words because
Patsy Ramsey was speaking: Help me, Jesus.
She was on her knees and did nothing to stop John Ramsey from killing JonBenét. She also cried a lot and lowered her head while John strangled JB.

Last edited:
But if Patsy had encountered something she had never seen before, something that cut her to her core like John and JonBenet engaged in a sexual act, do you think she would have held back?

Not against John. But I don't see her being angry at her 6 year old daughter.

But if Patsy had encountered something she had never seen before, something that cut her to her core like John and JonBenet engaged in a sexual act, do you think she would have held back?

Not against John. But I don't see her being angry at her 6 year old daughter.

Possible, but it would be against every parental instinct. A dead child is inconceivable to a parent. The denial and cognitive dissonance and fundamental urge to get help for an injured child... There is no logic or rational thought. You call 911 in a split instant. There is no, "hey, wait, let's think this through." You aren't capable in that moment, the world closes in and you don't see or hear anything but the child. In my case, when my son died, I never heard any sirens, and there were at least 5 emergency vehicles. There were things I didn't see, that I only know of because of what first responders told me. You aren't thinking about how or why, the only thought in your head is saving that child. My other children didn't even enter my mind until responders asked about them.

I just can't see a normal, bonded, loving parent taking the time to think through the possibility and ramifications of another child being responsible. Even if it did occur to them, they still would do everything to save their daughter. The instinct and denial would just be too strong, even if the outcome was obvious.

The only way I can see the cover up unfolding is if a parent was responsible, and the other parent was more concerned about losing her man, money, and social status. Same old story we see here every day.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I am so sorry for your loss!

John was a very rich man. if he did indeed do it. why would patsy cover it up for him? considering how rich he was. if he went to jail. she would've gotten all his money or at least gotten millions of dollars from the divorce.

it doesn't make sense that a woman who's child is killed by a wealthy husband just doesn't leave him and take him for all his money. why cover it up? she gains alot more by outing him.

the cover up only makes sense if the person who did it was their son.

I think it very likely was Burke. I do think we have to consider that she's been under the control of a narc for many years at that point. So I can't rule out John entirely.

She would be if she felt insecure about herself and betrayed by her daughter, who may have said or done something to provoke Patsy.

I guess that's possible. I just think in that scenario she'd feel deep betrayal by John, as well as anger toward him.

Well she's no Faith Bacon. That's for sure.

No idea why PR would feel it's okay to dress a child, or herself as a burlesque dancer.
She never made the connection?

I don't know who Faith Bacon is. But I don't find the images any more disturbing than the pageants themselves. Regardless of the costume, they promote and sexualize girls.

I am pretty new to the true crime community and therefore this case. I was in high school when JonBenet was killed and hearing about it always turned my stomach. I am now reading the Police Files book (on John's 1998 interview). First, a question: is it 100% positive that the blow to the head came first? My impression from what I've read and watched is that it is impossible to tell which came first. IF strangulation came first, I think it is highly likely that JDI. We know JonBenet had been sexually abused before that night and the most likely suspect is the dad. Maybe he was doing so that night in her room. Maybe he used rope to...it's hard to say it. It turns my stomach. But he used it to basically heighten the experience for himself and maybe she had started fighting back. He strangled her accidentally and thought she was dead. He carefully wrapped her in the blanket and ran downstairs, leaving her there. What should he do? He decides to grab the flashlight so he can see outside wherever he's thinking of dumping her body. He gets spooked when the way back upstairs, he hears Burke going to the bathroom or something. (I think the pineapple was at the party & their memories suck & the pineapple on the table was put there by one of the 20 million people in the house the morning of the 26th. They cleaned the kitchen, why would they leave out pineapple from the night before?). So he grabs JonBenet and carries her to the wine cellar. He realizes he needs help, so he bashes her skull with the flashlight. He frames his son so Patsy will help him. She screams when she sees her dead child. This is what the neighbor heard. He makes her help him stage the body, which explains why the thread from her sweater is on the tape and rope. He then forces her to write the note while he dictates it.

I think Patsy called 911 early in a panic. It was too late. If she just hung up, they'd still send someone out. I think the original plan was for them not to call the cops right away, but for them to wait until after the kidnappers didn't call. Until then, John was going to use the big bag for the money to carry out her body, dispose of it, go to the bank, get the money and for her body to be found later by a search team. So, they had to wing it. It's why John "found" the body so fast, even with the light out. It's why he destroyed the crime scene to explain his dna over everything and why he placed her on the floor (even more contaminates). I think once the autopsy was released to the family, Patsy realized that Burke didn't do it, that John must have. However, he had assured their mutual destruction.

I also think it's possible that BDI, but I think it's less likely. I think he's just a weird adult b/c he was under a microscope as a child, especially since there's no evidence he has continued to have a terrible temper or sociopathic tendencies.

But a few months before the murder, BR was caught sexually molesting JBR. And the feces smearing doesn't denote a well-balanced child.

10ofRods,
Nice post! You hit on some really important info. The head bash, then the strangulation (linear)! The zonked out cold JB arriving home; yet able to consume pineapple from PR or BR hand. Same hands on her Barbie nightgown. The midnight scream sure to awake the “sleeping people” in the house, if it was heard across the street.
Ransom note written on PR note pad from wet bar. Pen to write RN was put back in it’s container.
Four people went into that house (that we know of). Only 3 remained alive the next morning. And of those 3 not one of them heard a pen drop.

Wasn't D.S. staying there that night too?

The handwriting and the analysis on what type of person would have written it convince me it was PR. She was psychologically unbalanced-No evidence JR was. He ran a large outfit-she ran to the make-up store for Jon Benet.

You don't wake up at 52 and become a Garroting murdering child molester when there has been no evidence of even inappropriate behavior or speak in regards to females your entire life.

Im just wondering if JR will give a deathbed confession that PR did it when the time comes. It's the only way we will ever know. Also if he did it, he is the best actor on the planet.

I see JR as HIGHLY narcissistic. They can be very composed and also inflict horrible damage on anyone and everyone in their sphere.

UKGuy,
I saw that in reference to ST:ITMI about BR. It makes more sense that they were both seeing a therapist. I have also read that PR never told the kids what was wrong with her. Perhaps Nedra did, but I seriously doubt it.

I might be misremembering, but I seem to recall that in Atlanta they were interviewed by LE. A question was poised about J and P's medication. When asked of them who was the prescribing physician, I believe John says it's Burk's shrink. MOO

Sorry if this has already been discussed. Ive always felt JBs bedwetting gets easily dismissed. In a 6 year old the cause had to either be physical or a result of trauma. People usually claim it was because of PRs cancer but im not convince a 6 year old would comprehend what cancer was, especially since PR still looked relatively healthy

I agree.

@UKGuy, can you help me out with a source for the molestation of JBR by BR, please? TIA!

GoBuckeyes,
There is no source for any alleged molestation.

It's all speculation, even by the housekeeper who was privy to Patsy's domestic secrets including her private love life with JR!

It's likely folks are mistaking the housekeepers description of walking into JonBenet' bedroom one day to find JonBenet and Burke in bed, under the covers!

Yet when you add in that Burke and JonBenet regularly shared each other's bedrooms, with Patsy's tacit agreement, normally you might shrug and think , so what?

Also that two Medical Examiners both agreed that JonBenet had been subject to chronic sexual abuse, then considering who had access to JonBenet preceding her death might be relevant?

I might be misremembering, but I seem to recall that in Atlanta they were interviewed by LE. A question was poised about J and P's medication. When asked of them who was the prescribing physician, I believe John says it's Burk's shrink. MOO

GoBuckeyes,
JR:
6 LOU SMIT: Okay. Are you under, taking any

7 medication?

8 JOHN RAMSEY: Taking Prozac.

9 LOU SMIT: Okay.

10 JOHN RAMSEY: Twenty milligrams in the

11 morning, ten milligrams at night.

12 LOU SMIT: Okay. And who is the doctor?

13 JOHN RAMSEY: Well, Dr. Sheevy, Catherine

14 Sheevy, is who I saw in Boulder. Well I haven't

15 seen her in a while. Steven Jaffee, Dr. Steven

16 Jaffee in Atlanta, prescribed the Prozac for me.

17 LOU SMIT: Okay.

18 JOHN RAMSEY: He's actually Burke's

19 psychiatrist.

PR:
25 TOM HANEY: Ms. Ramsey, are you

1 currently under a doctor's care?

2 PATSY RAMSEY: Yes, I am.

3 TOM HANEY: And who is the doctor?

4 PATSY RAMSEY: Dr. Sammy Brown,

5 Samuel Brown in Atlanta, psychiatrist, M.D.

6 TOM HANEY: Okay. And are you

7 taking any medication?

8 PATSY RAMSEY: Yes.

9 TOM HANEY: And what are you

10 taking?

11 PATSY RAMSEY: I take 30 milligrams

12 of Prozac a day, and Ativan, half a milligram as

13 needed.

@UKGuy, can you help me out with a source for the molestation of JBR by BR, please? TIA!

GoBuckeyes,
LHP is the one that has stated that she caught them together under the sheets and they both yelled at her to “Get Out”. This was early in the case. You probably can’t find evidence of this today.
By the way, PP is the one that taught BR to yell “Get Out”; if bothered. So, I have always asked why would she ever have cause to advise him this?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back