Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like riddles myself, but to be fair, it was MK that made the "5" statement.

Which still makes zero sense to me, even with the "trees" hint.
5 types of trees?
Who signed for the 5 trees?
Location the 5 trees were delivered?
Something else quite damning on the 5 trees invoice?

He (MK) specifically says to think about the old Bruce Lee films and think about the 5 fingers and how important they are. I guess that means something to someone, but it's over my head. I recall these conversations during/after AM's search and it never really went anywhere.

Then he says "five real strong reasons, to keep thinking about number five and hoping for number five". Hoping for number five?

Maybe we need @ProfilingEvil to pop in and clear this up, eh? :cool:
Who doesn’t love a beautiful tree? Now is the perfect time to show that love and SAVE $20!

I don't like riddles myself, but to be fair, it was MK that made the "5" statement.

Which still makes zero sense to me, even with the "trees" hint.
5 types of trees?
Who signed for the 5 trees?
Location the 5 trees were delivered?
Something else quite damning on the 5 trees invoice?

He (MK) specifically says to think about the old Bruce Lee films and think about the 5 fingers and how important they are. I guess that means something to someone, but it's over my head. I recall these conversations during/after AM's search and it never really went anywhere.

Then he says "five real strong reasons, to keep thinking about number five and hoping for number five". Hoping for number five?

Maybe we need @ProfilingEvil to pop in and clear this up, eh? :cool:
Who doesn’t love a beautiful tree? Now is the perfect time to show that love and SAVE $20!

wasnt there something about an invoice that was produced showing that BM bought some trees shortly after SM went missing?

If I recall, those were the same trees planted near the PP home that the cadaver dogs hit on but was never thought to be worth investigating by LE.

May be that his bobcat was used to plant those trees and the scent was on the bobcat.
Yep I think so too. Iirc there were only three little trees though where the dog hit and one had these rocks arranged in front of it a la BM style. Didn’t one rock appear to be shaped like a heart? Why did he plant those trees? I hope LE dug and made sure Suzanne wasn’t there. I remember a discussion about a Bobcat attachment that can dig deep to accommodate tree roots. PE must have thought the trees were very important the way they kept talking about the “Five” clue and said “we know” etc. I believe she could have been moved or missed, that the Bobcat was used and the cadaver dog hits were legit. And I also think he could have had help and someone else might know where Suzanne’s remains are hidden. Will we ever have answers? When will there finally be justice for Suzanne??!! MOO

If I had to speculate, I would say 5 trees were purchased, the receipt being the evidence for that, BUT maybe where those trees were planted is in question and assumed if they find those trees, maybe they will find Suzanne.... total guess and speculation. I don't remember hearing anything about the tree location. Does anyone have a link that they were planted near PP? It would make sense that they are planted near PP if we still "haven't left the house"... BUT, at some point Suzanne had to have left or been removed from the house cuz I think we can safely assume after 2 search warrants, she wasn't found in the house. My brain hurts. This case is so frustrating. Jmo
Did we ever get a date for that invoice? We’re the trees purchased after May 11th? Maybe he initially buried Suzanne somewhere else and then moved her body closer to PP so he could keep watch over her burial site? So he purchased the trees to cover up the grave? Or maybe it’s the opposite...she was buried close to PP but later moved to a better hiding spot and BM planted the trees to cover up the disturbed earth. But surely LE were keeping BM under surveillance. It would have been very risky to move her body. I keep going back to the multiple dog hits in my mind. Yes it’s very frustrating! Maybe someone else can easily locate a link. Iirc during AM’s search they found three (maybe it was five?) baby trees planted near PP close to the entrance to their subdivision called Monarch Estates or something like that - and one or maybe it was two separate cadaver dogs hit on the trees.

another very one would be Kelsie Schellings case. do the Lucas was found guilty
There are no body cases yes but not knowing what LE knows makes it difficult to compare this case to others where we now know what direct and circumstantial evidence LE had prior to the prosecutors and judges to move forward with charges.

I am starting to wonder if he killed her outside of the home, thus no physical evidence found inside. He could have strangled her, as someone upthread mentioned, thus no blood. He then moved and buried her body somewhere in the woods. If bleach was involved, perhaps he poured bleach over her remains when he buried her, to deter wildlife from attempting to dig her up.

jmo

Which brings the hot tub to mind where he could have drowned her or even strangled her. I recall AM saying there wasn't evidence of a struggle in the house if I'm remembering correctly. Why use bleach/chlorine though, and on what? Was there any used in the house?

JMO

In another Colorado case, LE visited the home of a missing mother twice, also noting no sign of a struggle. Tragically the mother was bludgeoned to death with a baseball bat by her fiance. His accomplice did such a thorough job with cleaning the crime scene that it was only after plying up floorboards that the extent of the fatal assault was revealed.

I'm just noting that LE had probable cause to lock down Suzanne's house. Twice.

With good reason IMO.

JMO

Last edited:
Here's a story.

1. A Bobcat
2. One or more coolers
3. A mechanical thing
4. An auger
5. Newly planted trees

Or

Choose your own adventure

1. A Bobcat
2. One or more coolers
3. A mechanical thing
4. An auger
5. Newly disturbed footings

I'm not saying. I'm just saying.

JMO

Did we ever get a date for that invoice? We’re the trees purchased after May 11th? Maybe he initially buried Suzanne somewhere else and then moved her body closer to PP so he could keep watch over her burial site? So he purchased the trees to cover up the grave? Or maybe it’s the opposite...she was buried close to PP but later moved to a better hiding spot and BM planted the trees to cover up the disturbed earth. But surely LE were keeping BM under surveillance. It would have been very risky to move her body. I keep going back to the multiple dog hits in my mind. Yes it’s very frustrating! Maybe someone else can easily locate a link. Iirc during AM’s search they found three (maybe it was five?) baby trees planted near PP close to the entrance to their subdivision called Monarch Estates or something like that - and one or maybe it was two separate cadaver dogs hit on the trees.
Reminded of Leticia in Colorado Springs ability to move poor GS’s body at least once and even more shocking of course all the way to Florida, obviously not being watched.
IMO BM having his trusty bobcat or dirt bike, carrying on foot, encased underground, water burial, truck travels or any number of possibilities
for a hunter & landscaper with many miles of forest, desolate roads and access to additional job sites, past or present we haven’t heard about.
Chris or Mike’s brains would be more than welcome about now !

Before this grows legs, I think it should be clarified that the Indiana home was already for sale and under contract BEFORE Suzanne went missing. The guardianship stuff for that property didn't concern me because I assume the buyers were ready to close. Once that guardianship was used for the properties in CO, is when it became concerning to me. IN property was a mostly done deal while Suzanne's whereabouts were known. I don't think that property would be an issue for her if by some incredibly small chance she actually showed up alive. I do think she would be surprised to learn about everything else though. Obviously the conversation between BM and GM is concerning but I don't think even Gene imagined he would sell all the other properties. Jmo

Ah, ha. I wasn't aware the Indiana house was under contract awaiting closing signatures when Suzanne went missing only that the house had been on the market since April 2018, the month before moving to Salida.
I assume the buyers were ready to close
It isn't easy, but I try so hard not to assume much. Yet, here I go. I think Suzanne needed to get away for a while and rest. Cancer treatments are brutal to endure. I don't think SM was willing to sell the home and may be the reason for a rift between husband and wife since selling the property was one of the first business matters BM handled.
TDraper interviewed one of her precious friends from IN.

Edited because OP edited post (although it was not a stupid question.) I think LE can likely get another search warrant for the Puma Path home if they have enough probable cause. Just because they didn't find anything does not necessarily mean there is nothing there. Imo

Thanks MsBetsy

Yeah, but he said there are five "strong reasons," and to think of Bruce Lee, so I'm still not sure how that all ties in with trees. They seemed really excited which is why I thought they meant the number five was an arrest and they were expecting it soon.

Before the search even started they seemed really focused on the beach site, pointing out that the rocks looked disturbed or unusual. Then when the dogs alerted in the same spot towards the end of the search they seemed convinced they had found something.

Then they seemed to abandon that idea and instead focused on the other area.

I thought it was alluding to who Bruce Lee was with and their alleged relationship when he was found unconscious prior to death

ebm x 2:rolleyes::eek:

Last edited:
I'm not convinced BM would leave Suzanne (if deceased) at or near Puma Path home, don't think he would sell if she was there - for someone who has been reported as controlling - I think he would definitely want to control a situation where SM could be discovered, as best he could.
But, if she was there and he still sold the house then he a) doesn't care at all or b) there is very little chance of her being found.

jmo

Which brings the hot tub to mind where he could have drowned her or even strangled her. I recall AM saying there wasn't evidence of a struggle in the house if I'm remembering correctly. Why use bleach/chlorine though, and on what? Was there any used in the house?

JMO

Would her body smell of chlorine if he had pulled her into the house (deceased) after drowning her in the hot tub?

I thought it was alluding to who Bruce Lee was with and their alleged relationship when he was found unconscious prior to death

ebm x 2:rolleyes::eek:
Hmmm-- so my mind and my google searches are all over the place for this.
Perhaps the "medicine" given to Bruce Lee was given to SM ??
TP gave him the meds and none of BM's employees have those initials so going to go with perhaps drug used ???
PLus the 5 fingers and 5 trees ??
UGH.. I pray Suzanne is found soon but I fear she will not be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288