US Virgin Is - Sarm Joan Lillian Heslop, 41, British, aboard vessel Siren Song, St. John, 7 Mar 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
This investigation (not the disappearance/murder) is reminding me very much of Michaela Harte McAreavey. In her case it was Mauritius but there was a very strong feeling that they were trying to sweep it all under the carpet to protect the tourism industry, this feels similar.

Murder of Michaela McAreavey
Also reminds me of Natalie Holloway's disappearance and the
Aruba investigation.

Is there anything to stop RB leaving USVI with Siren Song? Will he have been told the equivalent of 'don't leave town'? And if so, is there any actual authority to stop him if he tries, given there apparently isn't even enough probable cause to justify a search of the yacht? Failing that, are there subtler pressures on him to stay, such as being persona non grata if he tries to dock elsewhere?

This is the official site for finding Sarm. It has been created by Sarm's friends to give a point of factual information and updates. Official Site For Sarm Heslop: Missing Person From USVI | #findsarm

Thanks @catseekr for the official site link, is great there are so many resources from within Sarm's family and friends to support and keep momentum behind the search. It must be devastating and exacerbating doing this from afar. I wonder if anyone has been able to travel out to USVI?

Interested in the press release posted on Sunday 20th March.

"We know that Mr Bane called the local police at 2.30am and was told to call the Coastguard. The Coastguard was reported as saying that it was alerted to her disappearance by Mr Bane at 11.46am on Monday. This timeline just does not make sense to us."

The timeline is strange. What evidence exists of these calls? Are there recordings? How do we know that Bane's alert went to the coastguard at 11.46am the following day and that efforts were not made sooner? Is there a chance that RB expected LE to alert the authorities? And why call the police at 2am as opposed to the coastguard? This implies there was concern for her safety or otherwise...?

Longing for more evidence to emerge, and hoping Sarm has not come to harm.

MOO

Toby Derima, the US Virgin Islands police spokesperson, said, “We would need to get a warrant to search the boat. We would need to show the court that we had probable cause to search the boat, as this is not yet a criminal case. We thought we could just ask Mr Bane to search the boat and he would say yes and he didn’t. That is his right. Getting the search warrant would be the next step.”

However, Mr Derima said, “we are still searching, doing regular inspections of the areas and speaking to potential witnesses.”

A dog walker from St John had said that he had heard a scream around the time Ms Heslop went missing. But the police did not deny or confirm it saying instead that “there are always noises, and it could have been from any one of the vessels in the harbour.”

“A group of vacationers were on a boat 100 feet away (from) Sarm Heslop’s boyfriend’s catamaran the night she vanished, and police still haven’t called them back,” the portal CrimeOnline reported.

Everything we know about the disappearance of Sarm Heslop

VIPD: We Couldn’t Search Ryan Bane’s Yacht After Sarm Heslop’s Boyfriend Invoked 5th Amendment Against Self-Incrimination

Meanwhile, Flora Pickard, a self-professed friend of both Bane and Heslop, posted an image of Lucy Schuhmann side-by-side with one of Sarm Heslop to Facebook on March 13, 2021. Schuhmann, of Louisville, Kentucky, also “vanished without a trace” from St. John in September 2019.

Pickard allowed that Schuhmann was a dead ringer for Heslop. Pickard has been quoted in the London Daily Mail and The London Times as saying that Heslop was a heavy drinker who could have used her yachting connections to escape to another island without identification documents.

They do look very much alike, I guess the "friend" is trying to imply that someone did something to both of these women.

SBM

The Times reckons he owns it:
"The parents and friends of Sarm Heslop, 41, want Ryan Bane, 44, her American boyfriend and owner of Siren Song, a 47ft catamaran, to let detectives on board to search for clues to her disappearance two weeks ago."

Sarm Heslop: Boyfriend of Briton missing at sea refuses boat search | News | The Times

He seems to rent it out, skippered by himself plus/minus other crew through a couple of different companies:
SIREN SONG: 47' Catamaran - All Inclusive Crewed Yacht Charter
Siren Song | Crewed Catamaran Charter Virgin Islands | View Availability
Crewed Yacht Charters in the Caribbean Virgin Islands - BoatsAtSea.com
Yacht Charter BVI ⛵ The #1 BVI Yacht Charter Site

He also rents it out through his own website, which was taken down sometime after 16 March. Here are some cached pages:
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:nVTmjb_BlBcJ:https://sirensongcharters.com/
and
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:FWdJJbQtCpcJ:https://sirensongcharters.com/meet-the-crew/

Sarm doesn't feature on the crew page. The chef is RB's cousin Barrett.

I read Siren Song’s trip advisor reviews last night and Bane had a number of different chefs over the years.

VIPD: We Couldn’t Search Ryan Bane’s Yacht After Sarm Heslop’s Boyfriend Invoked 5th Amendment Against Self-Incrimination

Meanwhile, Flora Pickard, a self-professed friend of both Bane and Heslop, posted an image of Lucy Schuhmann side-by-side with one of Sarm Heslop to Facebook on March 13, 2021. Schuhmann, of Louisville, Kentucky, also “vanished without a trace” from St. John in September 2019.

Pickard allowed that Schuhmann was a dead ringer for Heslop. Pickard has been quoted in the London Daily Mail and The London Times as saying that Heslop was a heavy drinker who could have used her yachting connections to escape to another island without identification documents.

They do look very much alike, I guess the "friend" is trying to imply that someone did something to both of these women.

WS has a thread for Lucy. I don’t see any comparison to Sarm other than they look alike.
USVI - Lucy Schuhmann, 48, tourist from KY, St. John, US Virgin Islands, 19 Sep 2019

Someone upthread brought up Isabella Hellmann’ case, here is her thread #1:
Still Missing - FL - Isabella Hellmann, 41, catamaran off Cay Sal, SE of the FL Keys, 14 May 2017 #1

Last edited:

I'm starting to think Flora is an attention seeker who is inserting herself into this. And throwing shade, saying Sarm was a heavy drinker. If she took off without her phone, ID or personal belongings, well, it's been two weeks. Heck of a party, right?

I read Siren Song’s trip advisor reviews last night and Bane had a number of different chefs over the years.

Following that info, I wonder just how pleased ( or not ) the last paying guests were. The tip at the end of a paid trip can be quite substantial, and usually is based on the food and circuses aspect. If Bane was unhappy with the resulting tip, he possibly showed some 'displeasure' at his cook....

I haven't seen anyone else actually saying anything positive about bf, she clearly is a friend of his imo who happened to know/meet Sarm during the 6months of their dating.. MOO

This was her first trip as the cook iirc, would definitely be interesting to hear from the customers.
Also what is the father's role in this? JMO

Toby Derima, the US Virgin Islands police spokesperson, said, “We would need to get a warrant to search the boat. We would need to show the court that we had probable cause to search the boat, as this is not yet a criminal case. We thought we could just ask Mr Bane to search the boat and he would say yes and he didn’t. That is his right. Getting the search warrant would be the next step.”

However, Mr Derima said, “we are still searching, doing regular inspections of the areas and speaking to potential witnesses.”

A dog walker from St John had said that he had heard a scream around the time Ms Heslop went missing. But the police did not deny or confirm it saying instead that “there are always noises, and it could have been from any one of the vessels in the harbour.”

“A group of vacationers were on a boat 100 feet away (from) Sarm Heslop’s boyfriend’s catamaran the night she vanished, and police still haven’t called them back,” the portal CrimeOnline reported.

Everything we know about the disappearance of Sarm Heslop
This case is getting stranger and stranger every day. If a dog walker heard a scream around the time she disappeared then the boat was very close to land and if there was another boat anchored 100 feet away then surely if she could not manage to board the catamaran then she could have screamed to get attention for help (and maybe she did, since a scream was heard from the dog walker) or she could have swam to land or to the other boat. Sorry for the run on sentence.

I'm starting to think Flora is an attention seeker who is inserting herself into this. And throwing shade, saying Sarm was a heavy drinker. If she took off without her phone, ID or personal belongings, well, it's been two weeks. Heck of a party, right?
I think the insinuation might be she could have left to party with a passing boat and someone on that boat harmed her, not that she willingly disappeared. The Some Other Guy Did It story.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members