CA CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it Taxes and not Mortgage that was in arrears?

abrams_petition_redacted.pdf

It appears from the last pages of the PDF above that the property taxes are being paid by the mortgage company through an escrow account. Those documents prove multiple mortgage payments were missed on both properties. Does that mean DF was being untruthful during the phone interview when DF told the reporter that she has made all the mortgage payments herself? She even claimed to have the cancelled checks. Later in the interview, the reporter informs her the mortgage statements are included as exhibits to the petition and she starts to back away from her earlier statements.

Family of Idyllwild missing woman seek removal of 'fiancé' as tru | cbs8.com

DF also was either untruthful or mistaken about the age difference between herself and KH. Their ages are in the article. KH is 18 years her senior, not "at least 25 years" her senior. DF also said in the interview she only met KH twice before Dia went missing. Really? IMO she is going out of her way to distance herself from KH during the phone interview and, as she confirms, she also sold her house and physically moved out of state. I wonder if KH and DF had some sort of falling out in the months since Dia went missing.

Riverside County Assessor - County Clerk - Recorder > Property Search > Valuation

Account Summary

It looks like the property taxes on the Tool Box Spring Rd property are paid to date. The next bill is due 4/12/2021.
So then is the Tool Box Spring Rd property not part of the Abrams Dia Kenshalo trust? Because Dia is still listed as the owner there, but for Bonita Vista property the trust is listed Account Summary

Both properties do show the transfer on 06/18/20, so I'm not sure if there's a reason why Dia is on record as the owner for Tool Box but not Bonita Vista

Could their mother have told them? Were they on speaking terms?

I don’t think we know for sure, but all indicators point to tension and estrangement between Dia and her adult kids.

Dia had been battling in San Diego probate court with them over finances. Isidro, the ranch hand said in his video interview the son had been wanting to take their deceased father’s old truck from Dia (and finally did after Dia’s disappearance), and I think Isidro also said the son (and maybe daughter?) hadn’t been around Dia’s ranch for a year. The kids have not made any pleas, nor arrange vigils, etc—that have made it into news reports, anyway, since their mom’s been missing.
MOO, and based on my recollection (which isn’t that great, sometimes. :rolleyes:)

I don’t think we know for sure, but all indicators point to tension and estrangement between Dia and her adult kids.

Dia had been battling in San Diego probate court with them over finances. Isidro, the ranch hand said in his video interview the son had been wanting to take their deceased father’s old truck from Dia (and finally did after Dia’s disappearance), and I think Isidro also said the son (and maybe daughter?) hadn’t been around Dia’s ranch for a year. The kids have not made any pleas, nor arrange vigils, etc—that have made it into news reports, anyway, since their mom’s been missing.
MOO, and based on my recollection (which isn’t that great, sometimes. :rolleyes:)

Thanks @slowpoke. Very sad.

abrams_petition_redacted.pdf

It appears from the last pages of the PDF above that the property taxes are being paid by the mortgage company through an escrow account. Those documents prove multiple mortgage payments were missed on both properties. Does that mean DF was being untruthful during the phone interview when DF told the reporter that she has made all the mortgage payments herself? She even claimed to have the cancelled checks. Later in the interview, the reporter informs her the mortgage statements are included as exhibits to the petition and she starts to back away from her earlier statements.

Family of Idyllwild missing woman seek removal of 'fiancé' as tru | cbs8.com

DF also was either untruthful or mistaken about the age difference between herself and KH. Their ages are in the article. KH is 18 years her senior, not "at least 25 years" her senior. DF also said in the interview she only met KH twice before Dia went missing. Really? IMO she is going out of her way to distance herself from KH during the phone interview and, as she confirms, she also sold her house and physically moved out of state. I wonder if KH and DF had some sort of falling out in the months since Dia went missing.

I pay my mortgage, property taxes, and property insurance through my mortgage company's escrow account. I receive a statement each month and write one check to my mortgage company. That one check each month covers all of the above, but I write it as though it is my "mortgage payment" knowing it covers all and is fully funded by me.
My mortgage company then takes the amount for the actual mortgage for them, and pays my insurance and taxes out of the additional money (built into the total) when those payments are due.
I still get a tax statement every 6 months but it is a statement and not a bill. Those taxes are automatically paid out of my account.
I still get property insurance information every year but I don't get insurance bills.

My mortgage company also sends me an "escrow" statement every year telling me if there needs to be an adjustment to my "mortgage" payment, meaning the full monthly amount that covers all of the above.
IF my escrow account will be short (ie, if property taxes and/or insurance will go up) then my "mortgage" payment will have to go up or I can pay a lump to make up the difference. I have to give them the money.

I've never been in default with my payments, but I can't imagine my mortgage company would continue to pay my property taxes or other if they didn't have enough money in my account to do so.

As for the age difference between KH and Diana Fedder...... DF might not know how old he really is, or it was her way of saying that he is way too old for her and she's not interested. She sees him as an old man.
Diana Fedder is originally from Florida (as far as I can tell) and may be moving there or perhaps elsewhere (she did not wish to disclose). I do believe her parents are older and likely in need of help (mine were). She's a female and retired, so she can pack up and go.

I DID think it odd that Diana Fedder said she had only met KH twice prior to Dia's disappearance. I thought Diana had been on the ranch prior to the disappearance helping with the AirBNB and/or apple picking. And was assuming that KH was also on the ranch during that time. KH makes it sound like he's been on the ranch for quite a while but was he??
Is it possible that their paths hadn't actually crossed except for 2x prior to the disappearance??

I DON'T KNOW who is responsible for Dia's disappearance, and I'm certainly NOT counting KH out !! But I don't personally think it means Diana has to be responsible IF KH is.

I think all 3 possibilities for Dia's disappearance mentioned by Diana are valid.
(From what I remember, the judge didn't approve a night search on the grow property despite the detective's best effort to obtain approval. Why wouldn't a judge, whom I know nothing about and don't wish to disparage, grant that?).

I DON'T KNOW why mortgage statements would be mailed to Clem (deceased) in La Jolla if the properties were switched over to Dia's name (either out of or in her trust). HOW DID DIA PAY THE MORTGAGE prior to her disappearance? Did the mortgage statements go to Clem (deceased) in La Jolla but Dia wrote out a check every month (which is what Diana claims to have taken over doing)? Did the mortgage company correctly change property ownership and mailing addresses after Clem's death? Or is there still an inactive but somehow reactivated account in Clem's name (in addition to an account in Dia's name)???

Whew!! What a lot of "stuff" to think about.
I admire your hard work with all of this tvscum !!

So then is the Tool Box Spring Rd property not part of the Abrams Dia Kenshalo trust? Because Dia is still listed as the owner there, but for Bonita Vista property the trust is listed Account Summary

Both properties do show the transfer on 06/18/20, so I'm not sure if there's a reason why Dia is on record as the owner for Tool Box but not Bonita Vista
It's all part of the Trust. I think it's a mistake on the clerk-recorder end.

Elephant in the room...
1. Who is Diane Peters?
2 It's not about what's paid , it's how is the estate accounted for...

Track history for all is in play here... read the pdf court docs...
3rd successor trustee?

In the Petition by the adult children:
https://interactive.cbs8.com/pdf/abrams_petition_redacted.pdf
Settlor also left a note indicating she feared for her life.”

Quotes from KH in earlier article:
“I just think it's a sad thing that you have to challenge your own children for the right to live,” Harper said. “Financially, she needed that support. She had had it from her husband for years and they withdrew that support from her.”
—-
“She was changing them because she felt there was a threat to her life,” he added, without elaborating.

—-
Woman missing near Idyllwild was in court battle over multi-million dollar estate | cbs8.com

MOO -
Seems like the kids are suggesting KH is the one Dia was fearful of.
KH seems to hint that it’s her kids who she was fearful of.

Was this “note” Dia left one of those two “handwritten letters” seized at her ranch home under the search warrant? Search warrants served in case of missing former La Jolla woman | cbs8.com
Who were the intended recipient of those letters?
If not in the content of one of those letters, what circumstance would she have left some note in the house stating she feared for her life? Who was this note meant for?
How do the children know about this note their mother left? Did they see it for themselves when they went to the ranch after Dia disappeared (the time they took the old truck)? - MOO

In the Petition by the adult children:
https://interactive.cbs8.com/pdf/abrams_petition_redacted.pdf
Settlor also left a note indicating she feared for her life.”

Quotes from KH in earlier article:
“I just think it's a sad thing that you have to challenge your own children for the right to live,” Harper said. “Financially, she needed that support. She had had it from her husband for years and they withdrew that support from her.”
—-
“She was changing them because she felt there was a threat to her life,” he added, without elaborating.

—-
Woman missing near Idyllwild was in court battle over multi-million dollar estate | cbs8.com

MOO -
Seems like the kids are suggesting KH is the one Dia was fearful of.
KH seems to hint that it’s her kids who she was fearful of.

Was this “note” Dia left one of those two “handwritten letters” seized at her ranch home under the search warrant? Search warrants served in case of missing former La Jolla woman | cbs8.com
Who were the intended recipient of those letters?
If not in the content of one of those letters, what circumstance would she have left some note in the house stating she feared for her life? Who was this note meant for?
How do the children know about this note their mother left? Did they see it for themselves when they went to the ranch after Dia disappeared (the time they took the old truck)? - MOO
Great questions!

I think any trustee, or any private fiduciary acting as a trustee, must be loyal to the beneficiaries of the trust (i.e. independent).

"Under the law, there are three elements of fiduciary duties involving a trust: a duty of loyalty, a duty of care and the duty of full disclosure."

What are the fiduciary duties of a trustee? | Jeffrey M. Verdon Law Group, LLP

I am not a probate lawyer but here are my notes from the petition:

Petition page 13:
"Petitioners are Settlor' s children and are informed and believe and based thereon
allege they are beneficiaries under the Trust, giving them standing to prosecute this Petition."

That is a big assumption, IMO. The children have not seen the trust.

Petition page 8:
"Alternatively, the Court should compel Respondents to provide to Settlor' s guardian ad litem only a report of information and accounting from the time of Settlor' s disappearance on June 6, 2020, through the present."
So, if Abrams children are NOT beneficiaries of the trust, they want a guardian ad litem (who represents Dia, not the beneficiaries) to get a copy of the trust and the accounting of assets.

Petition page 8:
"for all practical purposes, since Settlor has been missing for nine months, the Trust has become irrevocable, vesting the remainder beneficiaries with rights to obtain Trust-related information, reporting, and accounting."
They are arguing Dia is dead, so they get to see the trust info and asset accounting. I'm not sure the judge will agree that she is dead and the trust has become irrevocable. If not, will KH's power of attorney document have to be authenticated? In the (exhibit 5) attorney letter attached to the petition, the attorneys demand KH turn over both the trust and the power of attorney, as separate documents.

I am no expert on this stuff but, hopefully, the judge will order that the trust document be produced to the court for "in camera" review. Then, at least, the judge could identify the actual beneficiaries and go from there.

Moo...I have always heard murmurs about a short lived relationship and wondered where that came from...
Reading the court doc does reveal one potential source...
Also Moo...
The court doc details that a huge study has been prepared, as in a culmaltive gathering of information led by an agency of sorts...

Once again, Thank You @tvscum. Bumping this latest info.

MOO, I expected the children to file a petition like that. Wow, it's packed full of revealing info about KH and DF. MOO, everyone seems to have a monetary motive; therefore, I don't trust anyone yet to not be involved in some plot to do away with Dia. It's very sad actually that she had to watch her back so much. All JMO.

and

Moo, I think it's possible that the 2nd trustee has met KH more then once as stated in the recording from CBS Above. It indicated that she met KH when Dia was present on the property, but there were comments by Isidro that she was present on the following Monday and would not let people inside, another CBS interview... Also the were some Reviews(Moo) that people staying on the ranch for a spell thought KH and the woman managing the property was a couple and indicated that as well... not knowing Dia was missing... I have seen mortgage company's mail out past due statements when in actuality the information was lagging due to impound accounts when they were current...
MOO...the daughter in the social media allegations could be as a result of mother/daughter issues as well... just hearsay... hopefully the May13th court date will make some of this clear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa