Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #93

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ignoring CDC warnings, more than 1 million passengers have flown from US airports for 10 straight days
That's a worrying sign for health experts: Although millions of Americans have been vaccinated, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention continues to recommend that people avoid travel. It has so far declined to issue new guidance on travel for vaccinated Americans out of concerns prompted by travel-related surges that the United States encountered during previous holiday periods.

Can the Federal government control the use of airlines for people traveling in the US? I know they grounded all airlines after 9/11 so I assume they can curtail all vacation travelers.

Maybe they should stop all unessential airline travel. JMO

Air travel in the US: More than 1 million passengers have flown from airports for 10 straight days - CNN

'Chaotic situation': Puerto Ricans indignant at tourists breaking Covid mandates
more at link
Scenes of American tourists violating Covid-19 measures and mandates while visiting Puerto Rico have stirred indignation among residents worried that their efforts to control the pandemic may be marred as more visitors arrive on spring break trips.

Israel Meléndez Ayala, 34, a longtime resident of Old San Juan, saw many tourists without masks when he and his partner went out to walk their dog this week.

"They were behaving as if no one else existed in Old San Juan," Meléndez Ayala told NBC News. "I don't have a problem with people trying to have a good time, but they have to be respectful. We're still living in the middle of a pandemic, and people can't come here and act as if the virus doesn't exist. ... They have a sense of entitlement and apathy I don't understand."

They have a sense of entitlement and apathy I don't understand."
This sums up my feelings exactly. This is how I’ve felt during the entire pandemic watching all those so arrogant regarding “their” rights and putting those of us taking this seriously and doing our best to protect not only ourselves but others around us, at risk.
I believe in individual rights, but not at the expense of others.

The blame for the trashing of the outdoor seating areas in Miami Beach rests with the out-of-control people who participated.

JMO

To my way of thinking DeSantis is responsible for opening up the state during spring break - all the college kids are flocking there and causing disturbance. Of course people are responsible for their own actions, but De Santis provided the environment- you take people who, for some reason, seem to think the pandemic is over- a Governor who allows people to freely socialize in crowds with a virus that is still circulating and you have a problem.
The blame for the trashing of the outdoor seating areas in Miami Beach rests with the out-of-control people who participated.

JMO

I was just going to post a similar article: What I found most interesting is that the article stated it is not college kids, but out of control older people who came to Florida to party down because Florida is so open--these people are totally out of control-they destroyed furniture and trashed establishments.

I just learned from family member that in Florida, the colleges decided last year that they would not have spring breaks for their students so that they didn't go on such and bring back the virus to campus. (I haven't verified through MSM) Wish more colleges up north had done such.

Mmmmmmmmmm!! Free Doughnuts!

Krispy Kreme is offering a sweet incentive to get the COVID-19 vaccine — a free doughnut every day of 2021 to Americans who can prove they've gotten their shots.

The famed doughnut company announced Monday that any customer who shows a valid COVID-19 vaccination card at any of its more than 350 U.S. stores will get a free original glazed doughnut "anytime, any day, even every day — through the remainder of 2021."

“We all want to get COVID-19 behind us as fast as possible and we want to support everyone doing their part to make the country safe by getting vaccinated as soon as the vaccine is available to them,” Dave Skena, Krispy Kreme's chief marketing officer, said in a statement provided to ITK.

The doughnut destination also says it will also "support health care workers and volunteers who are helping administer vaccines" by delivering free goodies to vaccination sites across the country. In addition, the company said it's offering up to four hours of paid time off for its employees to get vaccinated.

Krispy Kreme giving away free donuts to vaccinated Americans

Airline travel at highest its been since start of COVID pandemic
More people traveled on Sunday than any day in the past year.

TSA screened 1,543,115 people Sunday, March 21, according to TSA spokesperson Lisa Farbstein.

“The last time checkpoint throughput topped 1.5 million was March 15, 2020--just more than a year ago,” Farbstein tweeted.

More of the same at link o_O

still hoping for the best that we can stay one step ahead of it. For the most part.

is it too much to do these things little by little like by alphabetical or by birth month? So this doesn’t always happen. Geez. I just don’t understand what the problems are. They’ve had almost a flippin year to plan.
NH's New Vaccine Registration System Struggles With Demand From 50+ Group
More at link

New Hampshire’s new vaccine registration system struggled to meet demand in its first big test Monday.

The state last week replaced the federal Vaccine Administration Management System with its own Vaccine and Immunization Network Interface, VINI for short. Thousands of people experienced problems with the previous system, particularly in scheduling their second doses, and officials had expected the new system to avoid those woes. But it was beset with technical problems Monday morning, when registration opened to anyone age 50 and older.

“Registrations may still be processed, but at a slower pace. We are working diligently to address these issues and will provide updates as soon as they become available,” read a message on the the state’s vaccine website. “We sincerely apologize for any delays you may be experiencing.”

Gov. Chris Sununu last week said about 200,000 first-dose appointments would be loaded into the system.

“So folks shouldn’t worry about having to be just the first one in line. There’s going to be plenty of room for everyone,” he said. “Everyone doesn’t need to rush into the system at 8 a.m. on the 22nd.”

Mmmmmmmmmm!! Free Doughnuts!

Krispy Kreme is offering a sweet incentive to get the COVID-19 vaccine — a free doughnut every day of 2021 to Americans who can prove they've gotten their shots.

The famed doughnut company announced Monday that any customer who shows a valid COVID-19 vaccination card at any of its more than 350 U.S. stores will get a free original glazed doughnut "anytime, any day, even every day — through the remainder of 2021."

“We all want to get COVID-19 behind us as fast as possible and we want to support everyone doing their part to make the country safe by getting vaccinated as soon as the vaccine is available to them,” Dave Skena, Krispy Kreme's chief marketing officer, said in a statement provided to ITK.

The doughnut destination also says it will also "support health care workers and volunteers who are helping administer vaccines" by delivering free goodies to vaccination sites across the country. In addition, the company said it's offering up to four hours of paid time off for its employees to get vaccinated.

Krispy Kreme giving away free donuts to vaccinated Americans

That is awesome!! they are doing their part to get all Americans vaccinated!! maybe all it takes it is a free yummy donut to push some people over into getting the vaccine!

is it too much to do these things little by little like by alphabetical or by birth month? So this doesn’t always happen. Geez. I just don’t understand what the problems are. They’ve had almost a flippin year to plan.
NH's New Vaccine Registration System Struggles With Demand From 50+ Group
More at link

New Hampshire’s new vaccine registration system struggled to meet demand in its first big test Monday.

The state last week replaced the federal Vaccine Administration Management System with its own Vaccine and Immunization Network Interface, VINI for short. Thousands of people experienced problems with the previous system, particularly in scheduling their second doses, and officials had expected the new system to avoid those woes. But it was beset with technical problems Monday morning, when registration opened to anyone age 50 and older.

“Registrations may still be processed, but at a slower pace. We are working diligently to address these issues and will provide updates as soon as they become available,” read a message on the the state’s vaccine website. “We sincerely apologize for any delays you may be experiencing.”

Gov. Chris Sununu last week said about 200,000 first-dose appointments would be loaded into the system.

“So folks shouldn’t worry about having to be just the first one in line. There’s going to be plenty of room for everyone,” he said. “Everyone doesn’t need to rush into the system at 8 a.m. on the 22nd.”

I don't get it either--- you would think there have to be organized intelligent people out there who could have organized distribution of the vaccination- it boggles the mind to realize that something so vital as getting citizens vaccinated, could be messed up so easily

A friend of mine who is anti-vax (believes there are 'nanobots' in them that the government will use to control your brain with) said that she doesn't need to get a vaccination because everyone else is, so that should stop the virus. Anyone else hearing this? I think it's a dangerous idea that I hope does not become a trend...

A friend of mine who is anti-vax (believes there are 'nanobots' in them that the government will use to control your brain with) said that she doesn't need to get a vaccination because everyone else is, so that should stop the virus. Anyone else hearing this? I think it's a dangerous idea that I hope does not become a trend...

I would guess that is not an uncommon thought process- your friend would be a hoot if it weren't such a serious situation--- OY VAY!!!!!

I'd tell you to explain to her, that if everyone behaved like she is, then we wouldn't stop the virus, which is why it's important that everyone is on the same page and gets one when they're able to. <modsnip: unnecessary>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member