ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't personally think Isaac is at fault. In this case, all signs IMO lead to the parents. I do think he knows what happened and is actively covering up, because he's saying Deorr was there but 'can't remember everything'. There's no confirmed, undoubtable evidence Deorr was ever there, that I can tell. The camping trip was surely entirely a ruse. I base my opinions on the fact that the only suspects LE have ever indicated are the parents.

Last edited:
I don't think Jessica was in on it until after the fact. I think they went to town to get drugs. And then when they came back they accidentally let DeOrr get a hold of them. When they went to go off by themselves they were going to get high and then realized they didn't have the drugs. So Vernal comes back and finds DeOrr dead from a drug overdose which is why he can't call the cops.

He puts the body in the truck and lies to everyone pretending he can't find him. This is why Jessica's story started changing after the fact. He told her the truth later when they got home. He hid the body in the truck and then jumped in the truck and drove it somewhere else to hide the body.

Why would he jump in the truck to get a signal when she was already on the phone with 911. Why would you jump in a truck and go racing down the road when your toddler has wandered off and you could hit them with the truck with reckless driving if they were on the road?

He made a scene with Issaac backing up their version of the story and Jessica as well and got the body and evidence of drugs out of there. Then he told her what happened when they got home that night. That's why she acts so weird in front of the cops and seems like she's lying. That's why she started changing the story to cover for Vernal. I also think it's why she got married to someone else so quickly. She's stuck with the lies she told the cops, she could go to jail just for that. There's no point, there's nothing she can change anyway. She just wanted to get away from Vernal.

Did @Tricia do some WS lives on Deorr? Questioning the police chief? Or am I imagining it

HayLouise, here's at least one link to an interview Tricia did with Lemhi County, Idaho Sheriff Lynn Bowerman, entitled: "What Happened to DeOrr Kunz?".
Podcast date is July 12, 2016:

What Happened to DeOrr Kunz?

[Just click on the pink title "Tricia's True Crime Radio" between Tricia's thumbnail photo and "Follow".]
There may be others that she did as well.

HayLouise, here's at least one link to an interview Tricia did with Lemhi County, Idaho Sheriff Lynn Bowerman, entitled: "What Happened to DeOrr Kunz?".
Podcast date is July 12, 2016:

What Happened to DeOrr Kunz?

[Just click on the pink title "Tricia's True Crime Radio" between Tricia's thumbnail photo and "Follow".]
There may be others that she did as well.
Thank you very much!

bbm
There are some who believe that Isaac said he did see DeOrr.
I'm not sensing any credible evidence that the friend was responsible ; however Jessica wants people to look at him.
She seems calm and not affected by her baby vanishing.
We don't know and maybe never will know what happened, but I do think Jessica and Vernal know more than they're telling.
MOO

Kunz investigator: Jessica Mitchell knows where DeOrr's body is - East Idaho News

I want to announce for the first time we, law enforcement and the FBI have interviewed Vernal Kunz (DeOrr Sr.), the father of DeOrr, nine times. He’s been given nine interviews and none of the stories he has told has matched or even been verified.

That is very disturbing for us as investigators. He’s given us a story, and when we go out and try to prove up simple things on the timeline it falls apart quickly.

Then we move to Jessica. Law enforcement gives Jessica four different tests. Jessica failed not only to the 99th percentile but she can’t pass simple control questions.

That’s not because she’s nervous. She’s able to pass her name, she’s able to pass where she is today, she’s able to pass the certain questions that are no-brainer questions, but doesn’t even come close to what happened to DeOrr or, ‘Are you going to tell the truth today?’ She fails so bad that in my 26 years, I’ve never heard of a person failing that bad.

Eaton: When investigators confront them about their inconsistencies, what’s their response? Do they double down, or does the story change?

Klein: The story changes. They don’t ever double down. It goes off into a world that you – you know, you can’t be dumb all the time. Even things in the timeline such as where was the blanket, where was the sippy cup – nobody can tell the truth.

Quite frankly, the stories all break down at 8 o’clock in the morning. The only time their stories are true and correct and we can verify is the night before and then after the 911 call. Everything can not be verified between 8 o’clock in the morning and 2:26 in the afternoon when the 911 call was made – we can’t verify anything. I mean nothing. Zero. Doughnut hole.

I still do not understand for the life of me, why no one can say what happened to this little boy.
Cuz a couple people would be held accountable and have to do prison time for the death of this child. And more than a few people only care about their own selves and not the death of this child. Imo. A shame on all of them.

Cuz a couple people would be held accountable and have to do prison time for the death of this child. And more than a few people only care about their own selves and not the death of this child. Imo. A shame on all of them.

Indeed.

It's not that they "can't" say.

It's that they "won't" say.

Big difference IMO.

Any1 knows the exact date when Jessica got married in 2016 to Anderson? Some write she got re-married , others write she and Vernal were going to get married after the trip. Which one is it?

She and Vernal split sometime after the trip. I don't know when she married Anderson, but she filed for divorce 9/18 and it was final 1/19.

Looking at her cases reminded me of a summons she received four days before little Deorr went missing. She owed nearly $12,000 to a collections agency. Maybe had nothing to do with the case, but I always wondered.
iCourt Portal - Online records & payments for the Idaho courts

Any1 knows the exact date when Jessica got married in 2016 to Anderson? Some write she got re-married , others write she and Vernal were going to get married after the trip. Which one is it?

She and Vernal split sometime after the trip. I don't know when she married Anderson, but she filed for divorce 9/18 and it was final 1/19.

Looking at her cases reminded me of a summons she received four days before little Deorr went missing. She owed nearly $12,000 to a collections agency. Maybe had nothing to do with the case, but I always wondered.

interesting facts I’d say.

Really, Grandpa Richard said her new marriage fell apart already back in july 10 2017. She waited a ”bit” then to divorce. Would have really liked to know a marriage date.

Haven't checked little DeOrr's threads in ages. It's so disheartening that his "parents" have always been in CYA mode rather than giving that sweet little boy the rest he deserves.

RIP sweet little DeOrr, justice will come for you one day.
:rose:

She also would likely have lost her license as a CNA or whatever her official capacity as a carer was. IMO that was the motivation for all her obfuscation.

Last edited:
This 2016 article mentions things that went 'missing' with DeOrr were found in his parent's apartment after they had moved out. I think this proves that they had something to do with his disappearance. And that they weren't honest with LE and the FBI.

Just my thoughts but the clothing items seem unlikely to be exactly the same ones he was wearing when he disappeared and here's my thoughts on why

-If he had been killed with the clothing on there probably would have been some type of evidence on them, or even evidence that they were at the campsite.

-To eliminate all that evidence, they would have had to disrobe him before killing which would mean it was premeditated, and there's just no evidence for that.

-Keeping the items is problematic, why wouldn't they burn or dispose of them somehow? And if you're going to hang onto that kind of evidence, you wouldn't just neglect to take it with you and leave it for police to find.

Obviously there are ways around each of those points (like certain types of death that wouldn't put evidence on clothing) but just some thoughts on why I think it unlikely those were THE items he was wearing when he disappeared. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member