Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
‘I feel like a passenger in a runaway train that is headed to nowhere’: A frustrated, cash-strapped Fotis Dulos fought against judge overseeing his two-year contentious divorce

Feb 2, 2020

“My soon to be ex-wife has waged war against me by employing the law firm of Wayne Effron and specifically attorney Reuben Midler,” Dulos wrote. “I have been representing myself because I cannot afford legal fees of $70,0000 per month as she does. The result is I have been railroaded.”

Dulos complained that Heller allowed Midler to “always get his way” and controlled the proceedings. Midler could not be reached for comment.

The court-appointed guardian for the couple’s children, Michael Meehan, who Farber Dulos wanted removed from the case, was paid $175,000 through December 2018, records show. Dr. Stephen Herman, a child psychiatrist who authored a custody report, was paid more than $40,000 despite leaving the witness stand during cross-examination by Midler, and refusing to finish his testimony, which could make his report moot in family court.

Herman’s report has been sealed by Heller, although search warrants released recently indicate that Stamford/Norwalk State’s Attorney Richard Colangelo obtained a copy through a search warrant. At the court hearing when the report was sealed, attorneys for Dulos intimated that Herman’s report was favorable toward Dulos.

There also are costs for a family therapist, three psychologists and court-approved monitors, paid about $150 an hour, who were required to supervise Dulos’ visits with his children. Records show Dulos had at least 20-25 supervised visits with his children since Farber Dulos filed for divorce in 2017.

“Judge Heller has ruled against me over and over. I am not an alcoholic, I am not a drug addict, I am not an abuser,” Dulos wrote. “I am a good father and my children adore me.”

Dulos was angry that he was unable to see his children. Heller had restricted his contact with them after he lied about them having contact with his then-girlfriend Michelle Troconis.

[..]

“I speak to them on the phone once a week on a recorded line!” Dulos wrote, referring to the arrangement he had to talk to his children.

It’s unclear what Dulos expected to get from writing the letter, although he does ask the commission to take a closer look at his case and claims that he is being discriminated against because of his Greek origin.

Heller was unaware that the letter was written and told Dulos she should have been informed. She also told Dulos at a court hearing that it didn’t matter anyway.

[..]

But a day after that hearing, Heller issued her new custody orders, which increased the amount of time that Dulos could see his children to every other weekend and Wednesday evenings as long as a court monitor was present.

The last time Dulos saw his children was on May 22, when he spent more than an hour at their New Canaan home eating dinner in the backyard while Farber Dulos and the nanny for the children, Lauren Almeida, were inside.

Two days later, Farber Dulos went missing. Police said she was the victim of a violent crime inside the garage of her home. Police said the crime scene was cleaned up, and they found Dulos’ blood mixed with his wife’s blood on the kitchen faucet and his DNA on the inside doorknob of the mudroom.

I’m trying to recall the sequence...didn’t fD get it from the GAL prior to JFD’s murder? The GAL (I think it was him) claimed that fD stole it, but the truth is that I believe he gave it to fD (not that I think he is too good to steal something); it’s funny how some men will behave with other like-minded creatures. I’m sure fD was “one of the guys”among other men who actually hate women. When divorcing, this type of man, you know, the ones with no integrity, figure all’s fair. I guarantee, every member of fD’s family saw that psych report, and so did KM, Anna Curry, and every last member of the Troconis clan. NP and KS saw it, and JS has a copy of it. Everybody knows JFD is dead, and the coroner will make his assessment at MT’s trial, so trying to claim that she either left somehow on her own after mortally wounding herself in her own garage, or left a bunch of blood containing her own DNA after cleaning it up, and is living it up somewhere is completely ridiculous, and every juror will know it. And because of its preposterousness, we know that MT has nothing else. They are clinging to the idea that ONE JUROR will be stupid enough to say “hey, maybe she did spill her own blood, enough to look like she was murdered, but somehow left on her own after leaving her car at Waveny park”. Not going to happen.

FD obviously believed that by introducing the favorable psych evaluation about himself, for purpose of determining child custody, and after JD's disappearance, he would simply be the custodial parent by default, and the kids handed over to him with no questions asked.

When that failed to be the case, FD's civil attorney filed a motion (8/29/19) requesting the children's grandmother, be ordered to partake in a psychological evaluation, and turn over her past psychiatric records.

WHEREFORE, the Defendant respectfully requests that the Court:

1. Enter an order appointing a psychologist to conduct a psychological evaluation of Ms. Farber and to report the findings to this Court.

2. Enter an order that Ms. Farber sign releases for the GAL and the court-appointed evaluator to have access to current and past psychiatric records.

3. Order Ms. Farber partake in a psychological evaluation by such appointed psychologist, as ordered.

https://www.wtnh.com/wp-content/upl...r-Order-Re-Psychological-Evaluation-Final.pdf

I don't recall that FD was granted any remedy or relief from this motion.

Midler is also asking for Meehan to be removed as the court-appointed guardian ad litem for the Dulos children. The motion accuses Meehan of wrongly releasing the evaluation to Fotis Dulos and his attorneys.
Fotis Dulos sends message to kids, attorney claims Jennifer Dulos orchestrated 'revenge suicide'

In this situation, the court order had already been issued by Judge Heller to seal the report, and the GAL was correct to call NP (and Rochlin) on his discussing the information with the media:

He also said Fotis Dulos’ previous divorce lawyer gave him an affidavit refuting some of the claims Pattis made in a court filing.

Pattis said he was initially unaware of the court order about the evaluation, which he said Rich Rochlin, another attorney representing Dulos, saw when he picked up a passport from Dulos’ house to get him released on bail earlier this month.

Pattis said he “glanced” at the psychological report and did not read closely before returning it — but that he did so after making statements about it. Then, a reporter called him preparing what he described as a “hit piece” asking him to confirm earlier statements.

“I was in a bind,” Pattis said. “I didn’t repeat them but I said I stand by my earlier comments.”

I’m trying to recall the sequence...didn’t fD get it from the GAL prior to JFD’s murder? The GAL (I think it was him) claimed that fD stole it, but the truth is that I believe he gave it to fD (not that I think he is too good to steal something); it’s funny how some men will behave with other like-minded creatures. I’m sure fD was “one of the guys”among other men who actually hate women. When divorcing, this type of man, you know, the ones with no integrity, figure all’s fair. I guarantee, every member of fD’s family saw that psych report, and so did KM, Anna Curry, and every last member of the Troconis clan. NP and KS saw it, and JS has a copy of it. Everybody knows JFD is dead, and the coroner will make his assessment at MT’s trial, so trying to claim that she either left somehow on her own after mortally wounding herself in her own garage, or left a bunch of blood containing her own DNA after cleaning it up, and is living it up somewhere is completely ridiculous, and every juror will know it. And because of its preposterousness, we know that MT has nothing else. They are clinging to the idea that ONE JUROR will be stupid enough to say “hey, maybe she did spill her own blood, enough to look like she was murdered, but somehow left on her own after leaving her car at Waveny park”. Not going to happen.
I 1000% agree it's not going to happen, I was reacting to why MT's family is so dead set on it being released. Thinking that she told them about the report in place of her telling them anything that really happened or her involvement, and therefore they're clinging onto that for life as if it will reveal answers. As Colangelo stated in 48 hours, he begged NP to use it in Court because he could drive a bus through the holes in that theory. MOO

FD obviously believed that by introducing the favorable psych evaluation about himself, for purpose of determining child custody, and after JD's disappearance, he would simply be the custodial parent by default, and the kids handed over to him with no questions asked.

When that failed to be the case, FD's civil attorney filed a motion (8/29/19) requesting the children's grandmother, be ordered to partake in a psychological evaluation, and turn over her past psychiatric records.

WHEREFORE, the Defendant respectfully requests that the Court:

1. Enter an order appointing a psychologist to conduct a psychological evaluation of Ms. Farber and to report the findings to this Court.

2. Enter an order that Ms. Farber sign releases for the GAL and the court-appointed evaluator to have access to current and past psychiatric records.

3. Order Ms. Farber partake in a psychological evaluation by such appointed psychologist, as ordered.

https://www.wtnh.com/wp-content/upl...r-Order-Re-Psychological-Evaluation-Final.pdf

I don't recall that FD was granted any remedy or relief from this motion.
I loved Dr. Farber's response....IIRC she said she would get a psychological evaluation if Fd would too. :cool:

I think it was dropped there. MOO

I knew it was Meehan.

I wonder why he asked to be reinstated.

https://jud.ct.gov/Committees/GAL_A...NAqDfbZfwrVnJtdL9RSCDVAfaYThl-reg5PVgYwT8-WOM
Attorney Michael Meehan
Attorney Meehan was removed from the active list because he did not respond to an email sent to him in 2015.
Attorney Meehan emailed a request to be reinstated to the active list on May 7, 2019. Attorney Meehan meets all the requirements of Practice Book Section 25- 62.
After a brief discussion by the participating Committee members, Liza Andrews moved, and Susan Hamilton seconded, that Attorney Meehan be reinstated to the active list. The Committee approved his reinstatement by a 9-0 vote.

You are very welcome and I feel sure that we all took that in exactly the spirit it was shared: to give us insight from someone who’s been there. Never did it seem like you were making it about you! I find that the myriad of different life experiences that people sometimes note here in response to various aspects of the case help illuminate aspects that we might not otherwise understand, and that helps us all as a group move forward in thinking about our shared goal of seeing justice for JFD. It always has been my opinion that any experience I have, no matter how difficult (or not!), can help others I meet who are on a similar path if they feel it would help them. It often seems to have done so, which makes me happy. You were kind, courageous, and helpful to share that with us. Thank you again and take care!

Thank you. That truly touches my heart. I am grateful to be able to say that my moms suicide has made me more empathetic and I have actually been able to help a number of people by sharing my experience.

I 1000% agree it's not going to happen, I was reacting to why MT's family is so dead set on it being released. Thinking that she told them about the report in place of her telling them anything that really happened or her involvement, and therefore they're clinging onto that for life as if it will reveal answers. As Colangelo stated in 48 hours, he begged NP to use it in Court because he could drive a bus through the holes in that theory. MOO

Can't you just hear the b.s. dribbling from their mouths....

We know that MT's argument for requesting access to the report was that she was allegedly interviewed by Dr. Herman.

Well duh-- it was well established that Herman met with FD at least 20 times prior to writing the report where I've no doubt Herman wouldn't be able to garner any of FD's time if MT was not nearby!

I don't doubt that FD ranted how MT was his soul mate and how she made him a better man, yet Judge Heller ruled against MT being allowed to spend time with him and his children and/or MT allowed to be alone with the Dulos children.

MT wants to testify that she was the only suitable parent for the Dulos children -- better suited than FD or JD! :rolleyes:

It's heartwrenching to think of what JD endured during her final months. :(

MOO

I wonder why he asked to be reinstated.

https://jud.ct.gov/Committees/GAL_A...NAqDfbZfwrVnJtdL9RSCDVAfaYThl-reg5PVgYwT8-WOM
Attorney Michael Meehan
Attorney Meehan was removed from the active list because he did not respond to an email sent to him in 2015.
Attorney Meehan emailed a request to be reinstated to the active list on May 7, 2019. Attorney Meehan meets all the requirements of Practice Book Section 25- 62.
After a brief discussion by the participating Committee members, Liza Andrews moved, and Susan Hamilton seconded, that Attorney Meehan be reinstated to the active list. The Committee approved his reinstatement by a 9-0 vote.

I think the active list only serves to market the individual as available for appointment.

Not being on the list clearly does not prevent an individual otherwise meeting all the requirements of Practice Book Section 25-62 from being appointed by the court to serve as GAL.

We know this because Meehan wasn't on the list, reportedly since 2015, and this did not prevent him from serving as GAL for the Dulos children, and collecting $175,000 for his services through December 2018.

I guess he wanted to be reinstated on the list because the cash cow would soon be going dry.

MOO

Can't you just hear the b.s. dribbling from their mouths....

We know that MT's argument for requesting access to the report was that she was allegedly interviewed by Dr. Herman.

Well duh-- it was well established that Herman met with FD at least 20 times prior to writing the report where I've no doubt Herman wouldn't be able to garner any of FD's time if MT was not nearby!

I don't doubt that FD ranted how MT was his soul mate and how she made him a better man, yet Judge Heller ruled against MT being allowed to spend time with him and his children and/or MT allowed to be alone with the Dulos children.

MT wants to testify that she was the only suitable parent for the Dulos children -- better suited than FD or JD! :rolleyes:

It's heartwrenching to think of what JD endured during her final months. :(

MOO
The thought of this just cracks me up.
MTs word against JFD.
Spare me.
MOO.

Thank you and the others that have sent condolences. I did not in anyway mean to make that statement to get sympathy, I just wanted to explain why or how I recognized FDs behavior and how it could potentially apply to MT. Everyone's messages mean the world to me but I do not want to make this about me in anyway. #justiceforjennifer

I'm so sorry you lost your mom, kschultz. It hurts no matter how they pass away.

Last edited:
One thought I had this morning-before reading here-Did Fd/MT read the report before murdering Jennifer and think it would exonerate any actions they may take because they always planned on using the "Gone Girl" theory when she disappeared? They didn't know at the time that it would go over like a lead balloon, or how many ways they would be caught red-handed. I really can't think of why JLS would want that report on-the-record so desperately (we know he already has it) in addition to Mama A/Merieanne1968 talking about it dozens of times on twitter last year. For all we know, the "Gone Girl" theory is what MT told her family the day Jennifer went missing and they latched on for life. MOO
IMO, the GG theory originated with Pattis, who was so taken with Flynn's book. See his blog back a few yrs:

“Gone Girl is must reading for criminal defense lawyers. Consider the first part of the book to be an illustration of the power of circumstantial evidence to deceive. Just because we demand answers to life’s untoward events doesn’t mean that the best answers we can find are true. The narrative drive has, I suspect, convicted many an innocent man.

Every Juror Should Read Gone Girl

He's always looking for his "hour upon the stage", in this case a courtroom, where he can shine with some flamboyant theory.

‘I feel like a passenger in a runaway train that is headed to nowhere’: A frustrated, cash-strapped Fotis Dulos fought against judge overseeing his two-year contentious divorce

Feb 2, 2020

“My soon to be ex-wife has waged war against me by employing the law firm of Wayne Effron and specifically attorney Reuben Midler,” Dulos wrote. “I have been representing myself because I cannot afford legal fees of $70,0000 per month as she does. The result is I have been railroaded.”

Dulos complained that Heller allowed Midler to “always get his way” and controlled the proceedings. Midler could not be reached for comment.

The court-appointed guardian for the couple’s children, Michael Meehan, who Farber Dulos wanted removed from the case, was paid $175,000 through December 2018, records show. Dr. Stephen Herman, a child psychiatrist who authored a custody report, was paid more than $40,000 despite leaving the witness stand during cross-examination by Midler, and refusing to finish his testimony, which could make his report moot in family court.

Herman’s report has been sealed by Heller, although search warrants released recently indicate that Stamford/Norwalk State’s Attorney Richard Colangelo obtained a copy through a search warrant. At the court hearing when the report was sealed, attorneys for Dulos intimated that Herman’s report was favorable toward Dulos.

There also are costs for a family therapist, three psychologists and court-approved monitors, paid about $150 an hour, who were required to supervise Dulos’ visits with his children. Records show Dulos had at least 20-25 supervised visits with his children since Farber Dulos filed for divorce in 2017.

“Judge Heller has ruled against me over and over. I am not an alcoholic, I am not a drug addict, I am not an abuser,” Dulos wrote. “I am a good father and my children adore me.”

Dulos was angry that he was unable to see his children. Heller had restricted his contact with them after he lied about them having contact with his then-girlfriend Michelle Troconis.

[..]

“I speak to them on the phone once a week on a recorded line!” Dulos wrote, referring to the arrangement he had to talk to his children.

It’s unclear what Dulos expected to get from writing the letter, although he does ask the commission to take a closer look at his case and claims that he is being discriminated against because of his Greek origin.

Heller was unaware that the letter was written and told Dulos she should have been informed. She also told Dulos at a court hearing that it didn’t matter anyway.

[..]

But a day after that hearing, Heller issued her new custody orders, which increased the amount of time that Dulos could see his children to every other weekend and Wednesday evenings as long as a court monitor was present.

The last time Dulos saw his children was on May 22, when he spent more than an hour at their New Canaan home eating dinner in the backyard while Farber Dulos and the nanny for the children, Lauren Almeida, were inside.

Two days later, Farber Dulos went missing. Police said she was the victim of a violent crime inside the garage of her home. Police said the crime scene was cleaned up, and they found Dulos’ blood mixed with his wife’s blood on the kitchen faucet and his DNA on the inside doorknob of the mudroom.
Am I the only one who paused at the statement “I am not an alcoholic, I am not a drug addict, I am not an abuser”? Curious what might have come up that we don’t know about yet. Wouldn’t most fathers in his peer group more naturally just state “I don’t do drugs” rather than “not an addict”?

Am I the only one who paused at the statement “I am not an alcoholic, I am not a drug addict, I am not an abuser”? Curious what might have come up that we don’t know about yet. Wouldn’t most fathers in his peer group more naturally just state “I don’t do drugs” rather than “not an addict”?
Maybe he was speaking for two (i.e., para dos)?

Well, he also said, on the record in court, “I’m not Charles Manson.”
Which is not really what other fathers in his peer group would say either.
Unless, perhaps, they were planning to kill their wives?

‘I’m not Charles Manson:’ Court transcripts show escalating tension and anger in two-year Dulos divorce

Introducing a different perspective about what is going on with JS bizarre approach, and what appears to be a delusional and deficient defense strategy on the part of MT.

I do not think the JFD family wants this to go to trial. It would be devastatingly painful and public for the children, and JFD wanted nothing more than for her kids to be loved and nurtured. It was when FD threatened to take them and told her that he had plane tickets and Greek passport appointments for July 1 that she ultimately escaped with them, two weeks before. With both parents dead in this way, the children do not need to relive the trauma, and listen to their mother be dragged through the mud by MTs attorney. These circumstances lean heavily on trying to broker a plea deal, especially now that FD is dead. Colangelo has basically given an open invitation, broadcast on national television for a deal in return for cooperation.

THIS is why Mama A. banters about the psych report constantly. Reminding the JFD family that they have it and will make it (and whatever “damaging” information is in there) public and on the record. Who knows, MT and family may even be so cruel and mean spirited that if there is something in there where the JFD kids said they liked MT, they are willing to use that as a weapon. Which would be psychologically terrible for those kids if something like that would come out during a murder trial for their mother, right. (Just speculating here, not saying this is in the report at all. But clearly Mama A is using that report as a weapon).

There are three families with kids involved here. KM likely realizes also that a trial that publicly hashes out all of his sordid acts and connections with FD will also be traumatic for his children, who are already estranged now. He has probably wised up and with his knowledge of the legal system recognized he better make a deal because rolling the dice on a trial could lose him everything.

But MT is taking a different route, willing to gamble and shoring up her own “family” defense which is well underway in social media, dress rehearsal for the trial. It’s JFDs family and friends against hers, and she’s using her over the top “family” show to rub in the face of the JFD family, to let them know she’s fully ready to drag JFD through the mud at trial. If they want to take her down, she’ll take JFD down with her, the wellbeing of the 5 kids be damned (because secretly, the 5 kids were always the barrier to MT becoming queen. Even after she helped cover up for FD and the police were on their trail, she was upset that he hadn’t told her he ate dinner with the kids in the backyard and that Grace Farms was closed! It was because of his kids that the divorce was so protracted, taking FDs time and attention away from MT, and she was specifically spurned in the visitation arrangement, a constant reminder of her second hand status to JFD, who remained the center of FDs life if only in rage.)
So MT isn’t buying into any shared responsibility “for the good of the families” to cooperate. After all, MT uses her daughter as a trophy rather than protecting her from the s@#show that her mother is starring in.

That is, unless a plea deal would let her off completely, she suggests with a sly smile (the one we’ve seen in so many of her social media photos) in return for all her “time served” under ankle bracelet punishment. Which is why we see JS filing motions and appeals positing the ankle bracelet as a form of unconstitutional punishment, punishment that harms MTs family and specifically her child.
So she can somehow count that as pennance to avoid prison, because we know what happened when MT got just a little taste of prison, we saw her in her yellow frock and matching wide leg drawstring pants being hauled off to Stamford Hospital having a health emergency after just a tiny preview of her future life in the slammer. “Big house” took on a whole new meaning during those days- And we’re not talking washing windows at 80MS. So yes, we’ve seen MT freak out before, but right now she’s using the “family” show to feel around for any leverage she might be able to hold out for a deal that will get her off easy.

To feel around for this, they start with motions for the ankle monitor, and then they move on to dropping the charges completely. Every now and then JS tests the water with a motion to drop the charges for some asinine reason, to see how the state and the court responds. When they bear down in response, a “family friend” (which we know is Mama A) brings out the psych report again. Subtly suggesting that sure they’re ready to play ball to protect the kids, but here’s what’s at stake.

And then MT family posts repeatedly religious imagery and prayers, in a tradition where forgiveness and reconciliation are possible in the eyes of the church, not only in hope on her behalf, but also as part of their strategy. After all, MT and JFD were both victims of the same evil man, in the T family book, and so perhaps the best way to resolve this for the good of all families would be to forgive MT. She never should have trusted FD (and nor should have JFD, the subliminal message).
And that foregivenss would come in the form of a plea deal that lets MT off with ankle-time served and nothing else. Which is way too low a bar for anyone on the other side at this point, I imagine.

Not that I believe that MT has a lot to bargain with, like the location of the body, but she does perhaps have information that could be helpful in filling in some of the questions the family might have. And she has that psych report of course.

So I think that JS is setting up some sort of stalemate, knowing that a plea would be preferable to protect the 5 kids from a trial (and that MT is willing to subject her own daughter to an ugly public trial if it comes to that) and that’s the bargaining chip he’s going to play until one side calls the bluff.

I know this is a different take on the situation than is mainstream here, but seeing last week that the JFD family wants to avoid the publicity that would be involved in getting JFD declared legally dead by the courts reinforced the thought that the biggest hope on their side is that this case as well gets settled with a plea rather than a big public media spectacle. And MT knows that, which explains what seem to be bizarre motions on the part of JS.

MOO, with a very heavy dose of speculation, of course.

I just freaking love that Colangelo said that. There’s not much I can laugh about with this sad case but that just cracks me up! MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave