NY NY - Marilyn Jean Mara, 35, Ridgewood, June 1, 1990

Murkywaters

Reaction score
Original

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Last seen walking away from parents house in Ridgewood, New York in 1990.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Case Information

Demographics
Missing Age: 35 Years
Current Age: 64 Years
First Name: Marilyn
Middle Name: Jean
Last Name: Mara
Nickname/Alias: Terry Anderson, Terry Gibbs, Jenette Jimenez, Marilyn Jimenez, Kacy Mara, Janet O'Brien, Diane Williams, Marilyn Tusa, Marilyn MaraRoman
Sex: Female
Height: 5' 2" - 5' 8" (62 - 68 Inches)
Weight: 100 - 140 lbs
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact: June 1, 1990
NamUs Case Created: April 2, 2019
Last Known Location Map
County: Kings County
Circumstances of Disappearance: Last seen walking away from parents house in Ridgewood, New York in 1990.

Physical Description
Hair Color: Sandy
Head Hair Description: she changed her hair often
Body Hair Description --
Facial Hair Description: none
Left Eye Color: Hazel
Right Eye Color: Hazel
Eye Description: eyes would change color from green to very light blue

Marilyn was my mother. She had so many aliases because she was a drug addict and prostitute and was in trouble with the law alot back then. She was arrested multiple times for prostitution.
I'm sorry to hear that, Tanya. Thank you for answering my question; NamUs isn't exactly flush with details, so it's great to have someone, like a family member or a friend, who can provide more info. Welcome to Websleuths! :)

I've done all I can think to do to find my mother who went missing 20 years ago. I'm so desperate and want to give her some peace and respect and find her remains and give her a proper burial and a place she can be visited by all of her children and grandchildren. I'm sure she is a jane doe somewhere. How can I find her? I have already submitted my dna to the FBI, created a missings person report and her info on NAMUS, already have my dna downloaded into GEDMATCH and have hit a dead end on how else I can try to find her remains. She was a drug addict and prostitute in the 80's in New York. If you didn't personally know she did drugs or prostitute, you would have never been able to tell. She was very clean, always very well kept, wouldn't steal from anyone..like Jennie in Forest Gump. Anyone have any ideas on how or what I can do next to try to find her? Any help is greatly appreciated. Her name was Marilyn Mara. I have seen posts on here before about her right after I created the missing persons report on namus.

Found a marriage in 1984, ties with a aliases surname. If her did they divorce?

Name: Marilyn J Mara
Marriage License Date: 1984
Marriage License Place: Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA
Spouse: Hugo Jimenez
License Number: 8128

Found another for 1982

Name: Marilyn J Mara
Marriage License Date: 1982
Marriage License Place: Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA
Spouse: William J Shields
License Number: 26307

I *think that one is Marilyn Joanne Mara. It’s hard to be sure. Not 100% sure of the Jimenez one as it’s a common name but does tie in.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back