VT - Austin Colson, 19, Royalton, 11 Jan 2018

They did not win. All evidence will remain as is. Thank God. He is going to trial 10/22/19 for the guns charges. It sounds like this will be a minimum 5 years in prison. Not sure why he has not been apprehended and charged with murder.

RW is behind bars! He plead guilty to the gun charges. He has not been sentenced for this charge but I guess he wanted to get started on the time he will have to serve. Now, we wait for the murder charges. He also has court for fraud charges this week on an unrelated matter. Hopefully, he will not be a free person for at least the next 30 years.

RW is behind bars! He plead guilty to the gun charges. He has not been sentenced for this charge but I guess he wanted to get started on the time he will have to serve. Now, we wait for the murder charges. He also has court for fraud charges this week on an unrelated matter. Hopefully, he will not be a free person for at least the next 30 years.

I thought he got 36 months on the gun charges?

From Jan 2020:

Whitcomb, suspect in teen’s disappearance, sentenced to prison on firearms charge

The White River Junction man who prosecutors said was involved in the disappearance and homicide of Royalton teen Austin Colson two years ago has been sentenced to prison on a firearms charge.

U.S. District Court in Rutland, a federal judge sentenced Richard Whitcomb to 37 months in a federal penitentiary. Following his release, Whitcomb will spend three years under supervised release.

To date, nobody has been charged in connection with Colson’s disappearance or death. His remains were discovered in a barn in Norwich in May 2018. An autopsy found he had been killed by a gunshot wound to the head, which a coroner deemed a homicide.

From Jan 2020:

Whitcomb, suspect in teen’s disappearance, sentenced to prison on firearms charge

The White River Junction man who prosecutors said was involved in the disappearance and homicide of Royalton teen Austin Colson two years ago has been sentenced to prison on a firearms charge.

U.S. District Court in Rutland, a federal judge sentenced Richard Whitcomb to 37 months in a federal penitentiary. Following his release, Whitcomb will spend three years under supervised release.

To date, nobody has been charged in connection with Colson’s disappearance or death. His remains were discovered in a barn in Norwich in May 2018. An autopsy found he had been killed by a gunshot wound to the head, which a coroner deemed a homicide.
Makes me so mad. They know who did it and when but not enough evidence to charge him for Austin's death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back