Found Deceased MA - Sinead Lyons, 41, Lowell, traveling to Ossipee/Effingham, NH area, 11 Mar 2021

According to people who live is Ossipee posting on FB, there is a massive police presence at Constitution Park this morning and they seem to think they are starting a grid search. Not sure if that's correct but many accounts are posting that.
Yes there is- FBI is there, Crime Scene unit, there's a perimeter search going on, divers again, two teams walking to neighbors homes searching the outside and talking to neighbors. There was allegedly a couple of neighbors that live near the park that saw Sinead playing with Flossie- the state police said they are credible witnesses (I have no doubt they are).

Worrisome to me- there are tents set up as well plus the crime scene unit.

Community has been amazing, I just have to say that. Maybe I am biased, but I just got to say props to Ossipee/Effingham/Freedom NH folks- always have been wonderful since I was a kid, always will be. Some lovely lady made lunch for volunteer searchers last week and opened her home up for the searchers who needed a rest- they went further down and away from the park to try and find Sinea. Others brought snacks and drinks.

FullMinder, just made a very interesting post. In that there’s been a massive police presence at Constitution Park in Ossipee, being reported this morning on social media. Isn’t that where her car was located? If so could they be looking at this now as a crime seen?

Because as far as I know. NH Fish and Game search and rescue are the ones that actually do the search and rescues. They do about 200 per year. They are extremely good at it and thoroughly know the areas they search and rescue in NH.
. Fish and Game are there as well as FBI, LE, State Police and more.

I agree, I was a little surprised Fish and Game didn't launch a search with volunteer rescuers. People routinely get lost in the White Mountains and there's an excellent volunteer SAR group that helps Fish and Game rescue people even in the most treacherous conditions. Mount Washington has the "worst weather in the world" and there are rescues. You would think those groups could easily find someone in Ossipee.
They were searching for her in the lake with sonar a couple of days.

F&G and other LE were reportedly searching in many of the areas we talked about. The articles mentions drones, searchers with dogs, etc.

Also, untrained amateur volunteers, no matter how enthusiastic, can be more hindrance than help. They usually only call on civilians when they really need massive amounts of person-power. Not at all unusual for people to be turned down when they volunteer.
Agree. While it was not on any news outlet, they have been searching for her with drones, divers with sonar equipment in the water and on foot all along.

Supposedly there’s a lot of seasonal camps there. I wonder if perhaps she’s in one of them and if they’re being searched.
It’s interesting after already doing a big search they come back in full force with even the FBI, and setting up big tents. They must have a very good lead.

Supposedly there’s a lot of seasonal camps there. I wonder if perhaps she’s in one of them and if they’re being searched.
It’s interesting after already doing a big search they come back in full force with even the FBI, and setting up big tents. They must have a very good lead.
Here's my thoughts- if this were in the 70's and 80's, I'd say yes, definitely check those. Most people didn't live up there year round, and those that did were sometimes miles away from their neighbors on the lake.

Now, more people live there year round and many go up on weekends for winter sports. She could have knocked on their doors or screamed for help around Constitution park and someone would have heard her. Or the dog barking- someone would have heard the dog. Last we knew from NH State Police, neighbors next to Constitution Park saw Sinead playing with Flossie- so she was within sight and earshot of the neighbors when she was last seen.

Only thing I can think of is maybe the dog ran into the lake and they both are in the water, but yet, no one heard any screaming or pleas for help. I wish we knew what time it was that she was last seen in the park.

Police said they don't have any new leads at this point but are heading back to the lake because the snow in the area has melted.

State police said last Friday that a witness saw Lyons walking her dog along the shores of Ossipee Lake. She hasn't been seen since.
Police search perimeter of NH's Ossipee Lake for signs of missing woman

Here's my thoughts- if this were in the 70's and 80's, I'd say yes, definitely check those. Most people didn't live up there year round, and those that did were sometimes miles away from their neighbors on the lake.

Now, more people live there year round and many go up on weekends for winter sports. She could have knocked on their doors or screamed for help around Constitution park and someone would have heard her. Or the dog barking- someone would have heard the dog. Last we knew from NH State Police, neighbors next to Constitution Park saw Sinead playing with Flossie- so she was within sight and earshot of the neighbors when she was last seen.

Only thing I can think of is maybe the dog ran into the lake and they both are in the water, but yet, no one heard any screaming or pleas for help. I wish we knew what time it was that she was last seen in the park.

The time may not be accurate, but the flyer I shared said she was seen by witnesses at 12:30 pm Friday at the lake.

@Steelslady One thing I have found puzzling is her car. I know now that the Lowell PD did not report to the NH State Police until March 14th, but I still find it strange if her Volvo was parked at the lake for several days and nights. I live in a different part of NH and the police here are always swinging by the local lake and parks. I can't imagine a car being there like that Friday, Saturday, Sunday to Monday evening without police or someone running the tags, especially with Mass plates.

Since you're from the area, do you have any thoughts?

MAR 25, 2021
Police comb lake area for missing woman | Local News | conwaydailysun.com

605cf0696d6bc.image.jpg
605cb87cc152a.image.jpg

[...]

"We are conducting searches and canvassing the area," said State Police Lt. Jim Fogarty, reached by cellphone Thursday. He said Constitution Park was closed for the day. "It's our base of operations."

[...]

The Sun later saw Fogarty and three other people on a trail off the north end of Long Sand Road. Long Sand Road runs off Route 25, past Constitution Park, and ends in a T that runs parallel to the lake shore. Fogarty asked the Sun not to follow them.

[...]

Asked how many troopers were participating, Fogarty replied that troopers from "around the state" were there and they had been organized into teams. He said perhaps there were 100 but he didn't know the exact number.

He said K-9 units and several detectives were on hand. Searchers were doing "coordinated land searches."

[...]

Reached at 3:50 p.m. Thursday, Fogarty said he had nothing new to report and they were still searching.

[...]

WMUR reported that authorities have used an air boat, a drone and and a state police helicopter.

[...]

@Steelslady One thing I have found puzzling is her car. I know now that the Lowell PD did not report to the NH State Police until March 14th, but I still find it strange if her Volvo was parked at the lake for several days and nights. I live in a different part of NH and the police here are always swinging by the local lake and parks. I can't imagine a car being there like that Friday, Saturday, Sunday to Monday evening without police or someone running the tags, especially with Mass plates.

I live in a different area of the state but it is very seasonal with more than 1/2 of the plates out of state plates during the summer and school vacation weeks - even though we are far north! I don't think anyone here would think twice about a nicer car parked overnight unless a local resident complained. This summer was so bad tourists were parking on the shoulders of the interstates. State police finally put up barricades because idiots were literally crossing the street across I-93. So I think here at least people would chalk it up to clueless tourists rather than something nefarious.

What I was getting at was the cops who "drive the loop". Do people normally leave their cars parked at this lake lot overnight? The one by me it would be very out of place. Same with the local parks.

I understand what you mean about lots of tourists, but I'm picturing (perhaps incorrectly?) a lone Volvo in a the parking lot adjacent to a lake in the off-off season at 3am.

It is a head scratcher for sure. Other people have questioned it, too. Maybe they thought it was broken down, but even then, usually LE finds out who the owners are and visits them at home to inquire when the car will be removed if plans haven't already been made.

Also I know some folks might find this weird, but some go fishing at night on the lakes as well as hiking and cross country skiing on trails. Yeah I know, stupid stuff- hubby and I are thankful we were blessed to not have anything happen to us when night hiking in the winter when we first were dating. Yeah, I know, what the heck was I thinking. :p

It doesn’t seem to be unusual for a car to sit in a public parking lot for days. Unless there’s posted no parking after or during certain hours. There’s several parking lots where I reside that it wouldn’t be a problem.

What seems unusual is having especially the FBI! And all these other organizations and setting up tents. The reason being is. There’s another girl from Lowell that’s been missing for two months and the authorities haven’t set up camp like this for her. So something is odd.

I have a hard time believing her and a dog both fell thru ice and perished from exposure. Or her and a dog forcibly kidnapped. My thought is she left with someone in their vehicle or was abducted in one of the houses around the lake.

re: It doesn’t seem to be unusual for a car to sit in a public parking lot for days. Unless there’s posted no parking after or during certain hours. There’s several parking lots where I reside that it wouldn’t be a problem.

Every area is different though, which is why I asked about Ossipee specifically. I'm not sure that every single park near me would result in immediate towing, or that they all have signs, but I know *if* a car was left there, it would be strange/noticed.

It makes me wonder IF her car was there all weekend, or if she could have been there, left and someone brought the car back?

It’s very interesting what you’ve posted.
She supposedly left Lowell on March 11 headed to NH, the car found 4 days later on the 15th in a parking lot in Ossipee. Did the car sit there for 4 days before being found? As Lt Fogarty would say “may have”?

I joined here just last Sunday and what has stood out to me. Is how conflicting the news media articles are. So now there’s very little I thoroughly believe because of that.

Another thing I find interesting is a lot of these news articles mention North Conway and how she could be there. But I haven’t seen in the articles what they’re basing that on?

The Lowell Sun newspaper for Lowell Massachusetts, where she lives, did a story on her being missing on March 16. They haven’t done another follow up article, that’s seems surprising?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back