Coronavirus Vaccine: Would you/did you get it?

If you were offered the Pfizer vaccine in the next 30 days would you take it?

• Yes

Votes: 42 62.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got my first shot of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday. My arm is a little swollen and sore, but nothing serious. I’m still wearing masks and minimizing encounters with others if I can. Here in South Florida, there are a lot of people who are throwing caution to the winds. I hope we don’t have a surge from all the “Spring Break” visitors and no-maskers, but I think it’s likely. My next dose of vaccine is in 3 weeks; I’m still a bit pessimistic about staying Covid-free (and surviving) but I’m a little more optimistic now.

Well, this might be a bit TMI...

I had my 2nd Pfizer vaccine today. And have had diarrhea, with stomach cramps for the last two hours. Not feeling so great.

I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling unwell after your second shot. Be sure to boost your fluid intake - maybe get some Pedialyte so you don't become dehydrated. Feel better fast.

DH is doing fine since his second dose yesterday. We're both happy that we are done with this and received both shots without side effects. DH usually swims on Friday but hasn't decided yet whether or not he'll go.

I think there are also studies underway for the 12-16 crowd, in the hopes that the results will be used to establish pediatric guidelines for dosing in this population by summertime. However, this week I was told that my partner’s 14 year old niece who lives in NYC was getting her first shot on Thursday. I said I thought that was odd given that only Pfizer is approved for use for under-18s and that approval is limited to 16 and 17 year olds. I checked NYC’s official eligibility website and entered her date of birth and her preexisting condition (obesity) and darned if it didn’t say she was eligible! But her mother was concerned enough to call their pediatrician to double-check, and the doctor flatly stated it was NOT advisable to have her vaccinated until the pharmaceutical companies’ studies on the adolescent population were complete and dosing guidelines were established. But for my skepticism, I think she might’ve gotten the shot, and am just puzzled about why NYC would seem to indicate she was eligible when the emergency authorization doesn’t (as far as I know) cover its use in young teens.
Even though the eligibility site allowed her to register, I would think when she arrived for her shot they would not have given it when they checked her date of birth.

AFAIK age 14 is an absolute contraindication and the medical professional would not give the injection.

Well, this might be a bit TMI...

I had my 2nd Pfizer vaccine today. And have had diarrhea, with stomach cramps for the last two hours. Not feeling so great.

Mickey,
You're not the only one. I don't want my usual food to eat, and had what I'd consider moderately severe diarrhea Wednesday and yesterday.
Not sure if it's OK, but I took 2 Imodium, and it solved the problem. Now I just have pain in my GI area, but expect it's just " another side effect".
On my V-safe check, diarrhea was listed as one of the possible side effects. I put the dot thing beside it.

I hope you feel better soon. I don't see any contraindication to an OTC med for diarrhea, but your experience may be different.

Mickey,
You're not the only one. I don't want my usual food to eat, and had what I'd consider moderately severe diarrhea Wednesday and yesterday.
Not sure if it's OK, but I took 2 Imodium, and it solved the problem. Now I just have pain in my GI area, but expect it's just " another side effect".
On my V-safe check, diarrhea was listed as one of the possible side effects. I put the dot thing beside it.

I hope you feel better soon. I don't see any contraindication to an OTC med for diarrhea, but your experience may be different.

Yeah. "Covid Lite". I will take it. Better than the ICU.

Celebrate those side-effects ladies (and gents). To quote my dad's partner, who formerly worked for Pfizer as a microbiologist: "Your antibodies from the first shot are poised to fight with all their might against the second invasion of the antigen."

The amazing thing for me and most reactions that I've heard about, the symptoms basically just stop and suddenly your feel (I felt) perfectly fine. Different timelines for all of us, but an instant recovery.

I'm a month out from shot #2 (Moderna) and all is good. V-safe continues to ask for my health status on a weekly basis. 2 questions - 1) Any health issues? 2) Diagnosed with CoVid?

Celebrate those side-effects ladies (and gents). To quote my dad's partner, who formerly worked for Pfizer as a microbiologist: "Your antibodies from the first shot are poised to fight with all their might against the second invasion of the antigen."

The amazing thing for me and most reactions that I've heard about, the symptoms basically just stop and suddenly your feel (I felt) perfectly fine. Different timelines for all of us, but an instant recovery.

I'm a month out from shot #2 (Moderna) and all is good. V-safe continues to ask for my health status on a weekly basis. 2 questions - 1) Any health issues? 2) Diagnosed with CoVid?

Oh, how I admire your father's microbiologist friend. I always wanted to go into microbiology and Genetics, but the Genetics field was " too young" when I was college age. I was, and remain, fascinated by everything I learn in the marriage of the two subjects so closely related, though.

Oh, how I admire your father's microbiologist friend. I always wanted to go into microbiology and Genetics, but the Genetics field was " too young" when I was college age. I was, and remain, fascinated by everything I learn in the marriage of the two subjects so closely related, though.
She was an international student, of Chinese and Vietnamese decent, who came to the US at an early age. Her family actually had to flee Vietnam after the war. My dad met her when he was an adult student at the same University. Now retired, of course.

They've been together for a very long time. She's the best, and makes fantastic Vietnamese cuisine.

Is your Dad’s partner (who formerly worked for Pfizer) this same man? No mention of his name. This former VP of Pfizer, Dr. Michael Yeadon, is all over the web. Must be quite a few of them. I’ve actually listened to Dr. Yeadon. He says , “No COVID vaccine needed.”

Former VP of Pfizer Dr. Mike Yeadon Says Vaccines "Frightening" Don't Take! COVID is About CONTROL

Is your Dad’s partner (who formerly worked for Pfizer) this same man? No mention of his name. This former VP of Pfizer, Dr. Michael Yeadon, is all over the web. Must be quite a few of them. I’ve actually listened to Dr. Yeadon. He says , “No COVID vaccine needed.”

Former VP of Pfizer Dr. Mike Yeadon Says Vaccines "Frightening" Don't Take! COVID is About CONTROL
Ironic that you assume my dad's partner is a man. She is and always has been female. And she just yesterday received her second shot.

I also have a 50 something neighbor that was hospitalized at thanksgiving. He spent six weeks on a respirator and ECHMO. He almost died. Currently in rehab with a tentative release date of 4/3.
My husband had it last spring, in early April. He was pretty sick for several weeks, and I admit I was frightened when he had to go to the hospital for difficulty breathing. They did not admit him however and he recovered at home, under my care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member