Viable suspect: Damien Echols

Most people agree with you because they are sheep who will believe anything they hear without researching the facts.

Please demonstrate why they are guilty using "the facts"? You're like the 8th person i've asked to do this and i expect you won't respond either or your post will be full of innaccuracies. Happy to be proven wrong.

They're guilty. They were found guilty twice by two different juries. They plead that they would most likely be found guilty if tried again. They did eighteen years in prison. They are not likely to kill any more little boys ever again. They were released to shut up people who said "oh poor fellows, they got railroaded". Releasing them saved the state money on yet another trial and may have saved some face too. They're guilty and will always be guilty, a matter of record, history and fact.

LE said themselves they pursued the Alford Plea because they believed they would have been acquitted if they were tried again.

How are brutal child killers not likely to kill children again? That's the last thing i'd believe if a child killer was released from prison. Seems like those claiming they did it don't even believe they are dangerous. They were released because their trial was a travesty and there was little chance they could get a repeat of that performanc.

If the wind was blowing in favor of the three then why plea at all? They had waited that long already. I would think for a big reveal of innocence, disgracing the state and LE and winning a sizable judgment for "false conviction" they could've (and would've) waited a bit longer. Just my supposition.

Because it's extremely difficult to get released from prison after you're wrongfully convicted. In America the burden of proof turns onto you, you now have to prove your innocence you can't just dispute the evidence used against you. Kristine Bunch is a great example of this - Kristine Bunch, Center on Wrongful Convictions: Bluhm Legal Clinic, Northwestern Pritzker School of Law

Everyone familiar with arson science knew she was innocent but she had to actually prove her innocence, took her a very long time and a lot of great organizations help to get her out. She missed her childs entire childhood thanks to that after having children die in an accidental fire she was convicted of having set.

The idea that they should have believed in the justice system that convicted them is absurd, if someone robs you, you don't try to buy off that person again. But they should have went against this rule when they were betting their lives? I'm sure Vegas would give you good odds on that, jesus christ.

Because it's extremely difficult to get released from prison after you're wrongfully convicted. In America the burden of proof turns onto you, you now have to prove your innocence you can't just dispute the evidence used against you. Kristine Bunch is a great example of this - Kristine Bunch, Center on Wrongful Convictions: Bluhm Legal Clinic, Northwestern Pritzker School of Law

Everyone familiar with arson science knew she was innocent but she had to actually prove her innocence, took her a very long time and a lot of great organizations help to get her out. She missed her childs entire childhood thanks to that after having children die in an accidental fire she was convicted of having set.

The idea that they should have believed in the justice system that convicted them is absurd, if someone robs you, you don't try to buy off that person again. But they should have went against this rule when they were betting their lives? I'm sure Vegas would give you good odds on that, jesus christ.

An incredibly accurate portrayal of the American justice system.

Not to mention the hell those stupid* teenaged boys went through locked up. They had Echols down in Grady at the Max. I don't even want to think about the horrors he experienced.

*They were cocky boys who never for a moment thought anybody would actually believe they did it, so they acted like teenagers do.

Now, please keep in mind, I haven't researched this AT ALL, but my first thought would be - why? Since Baldwyn and MissKelley both got life, their 2 appeals should be up by now. The only person that can legally still file appeals, thus needing a "defense fund" would be the one that's on death row - Echols. He should be the only one of the 3 that gets unlimited appeals.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. :)
Johnny depp

Damiens mental health records show the depth of his habitual offending and vulgar abhorrent thought processes.
He was more than capable and leading, beyond the unsustainable changing alibi, Jessies confessions and the blue wax problem ....
co-habitating along side the point that 3 little boys were murdered 3 different ways...what are the chances???

moo

Damiens mental health records show the depth of his habitual offending and vulgar abhorrent thought processes.
He was more than capable and leading, beyond the unsustainable changing alibi, Jessies confessions and the blue wax problem ....
co-habitating along side the point that 3 little boys were murdered 3 different ways...what are the chances???

moo
blue wax problem? lol because damien echols was the only person in WM with a blue candle

zero evidence linking them to the crime scene

blue wax problem? lol because damien echols was the only person in WM with a blue candle

zero evidence linking them to the crime scene

Sing your song, bang your drum, even the people you continue to defend aren't singing along. They were tried and found guilty. They did 18 years of prison time. They made an accepted plea. They were released. They have moved on. Maybe everybody else should as well. Anything else is now a moot point. My opinion, of course.

The West Memphis 3 were falsely convicted due to the Satanic Panic of the 1990s. An “occult expert”, “Dr.” Dale Griffis provided testimony that was debunked by REAL occult experts and Wiccan priests. This “doctor” got his “degree” from Columbia Pacific University, a mail-order diploma mill that was shut down and barred from operating in several states.

The parents of the murdered children no longer believe they were responsible.

The police in Austin stupidly wasted months investigating “people in black” over a possible occult angle, although there was no evidence to suggest this. Entire rock bands were hauled in and questioned. The police embarrassed themselves by raiding a Wiccan priestess’ home on CBS 48 Hours. There was no evidence of occultism (real Wiccans, by the way, NEVER harm children) but it spawned lurid rumors about the girls’ bodies being mutilated and chickens placed in their chest cavities, heads decapitated and posed and things like HAIL SATAN written on the wall.

The Austin Police Dept was not competent to handle an investigation of this calibre. They no llonger want to make an effort to solve it because their incompetence and lack of timely action will be exposed, their shoddy investigations of Springsteen and Scott exposed again, the state and police dept do not want to have to pay damages to those wrongly convicted, or have to face the girls’ parents. Their goals now are to protect themselves and the department, not to solve or even work this case.
I agree a hundred percent with everything you said

The West Memphis 3 were falsely convicted due to the Satanic Panic of the 1990s. An “occult expert”, “Dr.” Dale Griffis provided testimony that was debunked by REAL occult experts and Wiccan priests. This “doctor” got his “degree” from Columbia Pacific University, a mail-order diploma mill that was shut down and barred from operating in several states.

The parents of the murdered children no longer believe they were responsible.

The police in Austin stupidly wasted months investigating “people in black” over a possible occult angle, although there was no evidence to suggest this. Entire rock bands were hauled in and questioned. The police embarrassed themselves by raiding a Wiccan priestess’ home on CBS 48 Hours. There was no evidence of occultism (real Wiccans, by the way, NEVER harm children) but it spawned lurid rumors about the girls’ bodies being mutilated and chickens placed in their chest cavities, heads decapitated and posed and things like HAIL SATAN written on the wall.

The Austin Police Dept was not competent to handle an investigation of this calibre. They no llonger want to make an effort to solve it because their incompetence and lack of timely action will be exposed, their shoddy investigations of Springsteen and Scott exposed again, the state and police dept do not want to have to pay damages to those wrongly convicted, or have to face the girls’ parents. Their goals now are to protect themselves and the department, not to solve or even work this case.
I agree a hundred percent with everything you said
It is so refreshing to hear that someone else actually understands this case. I grew up in a suburb of Memphis and was about 15 when the crime occurred. The narrative that this was some sort of witch hunt based on “Satanic Panic” is completely ludicrous. They were just “different”, listened to Metallica and read Stephen King. All that might be true, but had NOTHING to do with the arrest of these three murderers. West Memphis Arkansas is just a little poor redneck town with not much to do accept hang out at the Walmart. I guess it would be easy to assume that their police department isn’t top notch, which again might be true, but in this case they actually did an amazing job on this case.
If it wasn’t for those Paradise Lost documentaries, we would have never heard of this case again. Is it even legal to produce a documentary that leaves out ALL of the evidence that was presented against them in the trial? Do viewers realize that in these “movies” they accuse TWO different step-fathers as being guilty? With literally ZERO evidence against either of them. As you said, there was NO concrete evidence that anyone committed this crime. No DNA, nothing. Meanwhile there is loads of circumstantial evidence that the WM3 are guilty. One of the big things to me is that not 1 of 3 high school boys can come up with a valid, confirmable alibi on a weeknight? Nuts. And Misskelly confessed 5 f-ing times. Giving specifics about that night that were not available to the public. So whether or not there was enough evidence to convict, is certainly debatable. But to declare that they are certainly innocent is insane. I just don't understand....Cheers mate! I was starting to think I was losing my mind.
so people with a different opinion from you regarding this don’t understand the case? That’s ridiculous.

What happens when people are imprisoned falsely?
They sue the system for the time served.
Become millionaires.

What happened here after 18 years of prison,

crickets.........

oh wait....an Alfred plea. Pleading guilty

then crickets.....

Going away quietly was the only smart thing they could have done.

moo

Does any DNA actually exist in this case?
yes. and none of it matches the WM3
What happens when people are imprisoned falsely?
They sue the system for the time served.
Become millionaires.

What happened here after 18 years of prison,

crickets.........

oh wait....an Alfred plea. Pleading guilty

then crickets.....

Going away quietly was the only smart thing they could have done.

moo
how dare they take advantage of an opportunity to get out of prison after 17 years!

how dare they take advantage of an opportunity to get out of prison after 17 years!
bbm
That is exactly what they did. took advantage.

Why wouldn't they?
admit guilt and get out of jail.
sure as heck beats a life in prison.

as I said...
The best thing they did was go away quietly and enjoy the freedom they don't actually deserve.

bbm
That is exactly what they did. took advantage.

Why wouldn't they?
admit guilt and get out of jail.
sure as heck beats a life in prison.

as I said...
The best thing they did was go away quietly and enjoy the freedom they don't actually deserve.
actually, it was the state of AR that "took advantage" more than anyone. the alford plea was a win for both sides. for the WM3 it got them out of jail and for the state of AR it saved their *advertiser censored* from any wrongful conviction lawsuits that would've come their way in the future

do you really think the state would release three convicted murderers just because? there's absolutely zero chance they would've been released if the state had even the slightest bit of evidence they committed the crime

Our differences of opinion are never going to change and that's cool. Really. The West Memphis Three, despite any argument by anybody, are going down in history as convicted child murderers who were eventually released from prison ONLY due to an Alford plea, a plea that specifies the prosecution's evidence would likely result in a guilty verdict if brought to trial (again). This is the truth, plain and simple. Anything and everything else, including what I post, is simply rhetoric.

Our differences of opinion are never going to change and that's cool. Really. The West Memphis Three, despite any argument by anybody, are going down in history as convicted child murderers who were eventually released from prison ONLY due to an Alford plea, a plea that specifies the prosecution's evidence would likely result in a guilty verdict if brought to trial (again). This is the truth, plain and simple. Anything and everything else, including what I post, is simply rhetoric.
everything you posted is true, but you forgot something important

none of that means that they were the ones who committed the crime

everything you posted is true, but you forgot something important

none of that means that they were the ones who committed the crime

As far as the judicial system is concerned it means exactly that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back