Found Deceased MA - Sinead Lyons, 41, Lowell, traveling to Ossipee/Effingham, NH area, 11 Mar 2021

I'm also confused about which day Sinead was seen at the lake with Flossie. I know the flyer I shared, and several news and accounts mention Friday, March 12th (and some also give 12:30 pm) but then this thread, and other accounts have her missing March 11th.

Is this because March 11th is the last time someone in Lowell saw her?

We were just planning a search with a detective (permission granted by LE) for Monday behind the scenes and got the news Sinead was found in the water by Fish and Game. Rest in peace, Sinead. They are still looking for the dog Flossie.

Very sad to read this but glad she was found and can be returned to her family. NH State Police posted the WMUR article without additional comment.
Know what sucks? Her parents flew out here from Ireland and had just asked a lady that lived on the shore for permission to walk the shore on her property. The flipping news broadcasted this before her family and best friend knew Sinead was found- we all knew before her family, too! Shame on them.

:(:(:(

So sad to hear. I hope they're able to find Flossie. Prayers for Sinead's family and loved ones.

Rest in peace, Sinead.

g40001.gif

Know what sucks? Her parents flew out here from Ireland and had just asked a lady that lived on the shore for permission to walk the shore on her property. The flipping news broadcasted this before her family and best friend knew Sinead was found- we all knew before her family, too! Shame on them.

Oh that's so sad! I got a breaking news email alert from WMUR at 3:30, they really didn't wait and notified half the state first. Disappointed to hear that, our locals news is usually respectful.

<modsnip>

It wasn’t like someone was killed in a car accident lastnite. She had been missing for over two weeks. The chances of her survival were slim. Yesterday NH Fish & Game set up yesterday with many organizations. They sent in a team of divers because they had an excellent idea she was there.

NH Fish & Game, NH State Police, Ossipee Police. Should all be given a citation for their work. Not be trashed at this unfortunate sad time.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip>

It wasn’t like someone was killed in a car accident lastnite. She had been missing for over two weeks. The chances of her survival were slim. Yesterday NH Fish & Game set up yesterday with many organizations. They sent in a team of divers because they had an excellent idea she was there.

NH Fish & Game, NH State Police, Ossipee Police. Should all be given a citation for their work. Not be trashed at this unfortunate sad time.

I think she was criticizing the local news for publishing the information before the victim's family was notified. Usually news organizations will hold back until the family is notified privately by LE.

Last edited by a moderator:
MAR 26, 2021
Body of Lowell, Mass. woman Sinead Lyons found, police say | newscentermaine.com
Fish and Game's side-scan sonar identified a point of interest at the bottom of the lake and members of the dive team recovered the body around 2:20 p.m., according to Captain Michael Eastman of the Fish and Game Department's Law Enforcement Division..

"It's more than likely she's been down there for the entirety of this investigation," Eastman said.

Body of missing Massachusetts woman found in Ossipee Lake, officials say (wmur.com)
"She was doing exactly what we believed she was doing, walking along the edge of this pressure ridge, and she then went through the ice at some point or on the edge maybe of where the Bear River comes into Lake Ossipee," Capt. Michael Eastman said. "I would say that's probably where she went into the water."

Missing Lowell woman's remains found in New Hampshire lake | Boston.com
The New Hampshire Medical Examiner’s office identified the remains.

I am just so sad about this. It must have happened so fast for no one to hear anything. Just slipped under the ice unable to get back out. I know Fish and Game are always warning to stay off the ice but maybe there need to be signs put up so when people come from out of the area they are aware that it's dangerous.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back