GUILTY WA - Kassanndra Cantrell, 33, pregnant, found deceased, Parkland, 25 Aug 2020 *Arrest* #2

I just checked the court records.
Omnibus hearing is slated for 8:45 am (pacific) this Tuesday, March 23rd.
No co-defendants listed still.
03/23/2021 08:45 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION- PRESIDING JUDGE CDPJ OMNIBUS HEARING
05/21/2021 08:30 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION- PRESIDING JUDGE CDPJ TRIAL READINESS STATUS HEARING
06/01/2021 08:30 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION- PRESIDING JUDGE CDPJ JURY TRIAL

From the criminal calendar for 3/23/21, it appears the presiding judge will be:

PIERCE COUNTY SUPERIOR COURT JUDGE EDMUND MURPHY
COURT REPORTER: Emily Dirton
COURT CALENDAR Mar 23 2021 AM
Dept CDPJ Room 260

Here's the link for Dept 9:

Live Courtroom Feed | Pierce County, WA - Official Website

From the criminal calendar for 3/23/21, it appears the presiding judge will be:

PIERCE COUNTY SUPERIOR COURT JUDGE EDMUND MURPHY
COURT REPORTER: Emily Dirton
COURT CALENDAR Mar 23 2021 AM
Dept CDPJ Room 260

Here's the link for Dept 9:

I got my times mixed up and logged in an hour late and nothing was streaming. Anyone catch anything or hear anything? Nothing on twitter.

I got my times mixed up and logged in an hour late and nothing was streaming. Anyone catch anything or hear anything? Nothing on twitter.
The omnibus hearing was delayed again to Feb 9th. Trial delayed again to June (the biggest delay yet), with a trial readiness status hearing in May. FYI No co-defendants are listed on the case page.

From OP's update, the accused was arraigned in late Sept 2020.

I expect that today's omnibus was more on the receipt of discovery and processing of evidence under pandemic conditions. In other words, nothing worthy of breaking news.

I'm really not expecting a jury trial in June. I'm thinking more September.

MOO

I forgot to mention earlier when supplying the Live Courtroom View link that it appears that links for the four trial judges (Depts 8, 10, 11, and 14) require zoom link invites -- email address for each is provided at the court live link. In other words, unlike the omnibus hearing, viewing the trial might take some preplanning.

Bump. How did Colin Dudley manage to move poor Kassanndra all by himself? I don’t see how that’s possible

Firemans carry or over the shoulder like a sack of potatoes? Google maps shows his backyard as being about 40 feet from back fence to back door. I checked the breaking news photos from roughly where the cops parked at the scene of where her body was found against google street view and it looks like CD would have to pull over, unload her, and walk about 20 feet before he could just drop her. The maps also show its roughly 140 feet from someones backdoor. He looks like a big dude. It could have been possible. I hope thats the case otherwise that means someone else was involved and hasn't come forward.

There we go -- definitely no June trial. MOO

Someone in the facebook group said there was another murder trail before covid started but with covid it bumped the court date back a bit. The accused had to wait 2 years for a trial. I cant imagine what every anyone related to both sides of this case is going through right now. The sooner the trial starts the sooner they can get some closure.

I am hoping we may learn more at the omnibus hearing/ before trial, but I don’t know how it works in Washington State.

In some states we have seen witness lists released before trial (recent CO and MN cases come to mind). Does that happen in WA? I would be interested to see if the housemate or mates are on the list. I would think so.

I cant seem to edit my last post. Lost my train of thought. What I wanted to add was that it seems like it would be possible for him to back his truck up to the fence gate or even move her to the garage and back the truck up inside of that to move her without being seen. I think the garage would be more likely. News articles mention a basement. It would be an issue of getting her up from there and outside. Black trash bags are a bit slick. One real estate website shows pictures with carpet down stairs. Its easy to move heavy objects across carpet by simply putting a towel down under said object and then dragging the towel. Works on word floors too to avoid scratching them. Ive done that with beds, dressers, and chairs because I hate people acting like I owe them big time to assist with moving one or two items. If there were no windows by the stairs he would have time to try and get her up then do the same slide across the grass to the garage or the gate. Doing it during the middle of the day would mean people are at work.

A street view from 2018 shows a truck with what looks like "colarado" on the side for the logo. Those trucks have between a 16 and 18 inch rim and the tires are 6 inches thick. That would leave it sitting about 22-24 inches. It looks like the top of the tire sits slightly higher then the bumper and the bumper sits a few inches below the tailgate. I think its plausible he could have lifted her in there himself. Then cover her with other bags to make it seem like just another dump day. That could be part of why his GPS showed him stopped there for 10 minutes, moving the decoy bags around to get to her. Or avoiding other cars in the area.

I cant seem to edit my last post. Lost my train of thought. What I wanted to add was that it seems like it would be possible for him to back his truck up to the fence gate or even move her to the garage and back the truck up inside of that to move her without being seen. I think the garage would be more likely. News articles mention a basement. It would be an issue of getting her up from there and outside. Black trash bags are a bit slick. One real estate website shows pictures with carpet down stairs. Its easy to move heavy objects across carpet by simply putting a towel down under said object and then dragging the towel. Works on word floors too to avoid scratching them. Ive done that with beds, dressers, and chairs because I hate people acting like I owe them big time to assist with moving one or two items. If there were no windows by the stairs he would have time to try and get her up then do the same slide across the grass to the garage or the gate. Doing it during the middle of the day would mean people are at work.

A street view from 2018 shows a truck with what looks like "colarado" on the side for the logo. Those trucks have between a 16 and 18 inch rim and the tires are 6 inches thick. That would leave it sitting about 22-24 inches. It looks like the top of the tire sits slightly higher then the bumper and the bumper sits a few inches below the tailgate. I think its plausible he could have lifted her in there himself. Then cover her with other bags to make it seem like just another dump day. That could be part of why his GPS showed him stopped there for 10 minutes, moving the decoy bags around to get to her. Or avoiding other cars in the area.

Thank you for all the research you did! It just sends so hard to believe he could lift 180-200 lbs up stairs, out the back, and two feet up of the ground. I’m trying to imagine the strength that would require. I’ve been to the area where he left her :( I’m surprised because it’s somewhat busy road. He would have been required to lift her out and then there is quite an embankment. She was found quite a ways down

The only other solution I can think of for how he would have moved her would be in multiple pieces and/or with the help of someone :(. But I would think that if he was stupid enough to get caught from both his GPS and her GPS, the cops would have checked the cell towers to see who else pinged in that location and may not have found anyone.

The only other solution I can think of for how he would have moved her would be in multiple pieces and/or with the help of someone :(. But I would think that if he was stupid enough to get caught from both his GPS and her GPS, the cops would have checked the cell towers to see who else pinged in that location and may not have found anyone.
Oh interesting! I didn’t know le Had that capability.

I think he could have done it on his own. He would be running on adrenaline, it’s possible he dragged her to the car, put her in then just rolled her out down the embankment. There’s many cases when this has happened.
Moo

I think he could have done it on his own. He would be running on adrenaline, it’s possible he dragged her to the car, put her in then just rolled her out down the embankment. There’s many cases when this has happened.
Moo
I think it was just him too, he turned down the cameras and everything while his girlfriend was at work. I don't think he had any help.

It looks like omnibus hearing was continued until this week...
Wednesday at 8:45 AM pacific

However I also saw that in late April there was an order authorizing substitution of counsel and on 5/13 a notice of appearance of a new defense counsel:
Karen Suzette Lindholdt

I’m wondering if this will lead to a new round of delays. I hope not.

It appears that she is private counsel but I don’t know if she could be paid by the government to be a public defender in this case.

It looks like omnibus hearing was continued until this week...
Wednesday at 8:45 AM pacific

However I also saw that in late April there was an order authorizing substitution of counsel and on 5/13 a notice of appearance of a new defense counsel:
Karen Suzette Lindholdt

I’m wondering if this will lead to a new round of delays. I hope not.

It appears that she is private counsel but I don’t know if she could be paid by the government to be a public defender in this case.

From Court Linx - all May and June proceedings are continued -- pushing the Onibus hearing to Sept 27, 2021 (8:45AM), Trial Readiness Status on Oct 15 (8:30AM), and the Jury Trial on Oct 25 (8:30AM).

Pierce County Superior Court Criminal Case 20-1-02383-5

From Court Linx - all May and June proceedings are continued -- pushing the Onibus hearing to Sept 27, 2021 (8:45AM), Trial Readiness Status on Oct 15 (8:30AM), and the Jury Trial on Oct 25 (8:30AM).

Pierce County Superior Court Criminal Case 20-1-02383-5
Well that certainly seems frustrating for the family. At least they are moving beyond the 2week increments. Hope this delay is more realistic.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back