MA MA - Sandra Crispo, 54, Hanson, 7 August 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
a note that might never be found is not as effective as an anonymous note mailed to LE if you really thought you had a useful tip.

I wonder if the note leaver thought LE would just throw the note in the trash, take no notice or it wouldn't get to the person it needed to at police HQ.

At least leaving a note at Sandra's house, it's guaranteed that one of Sandra's relations will see it....and they left it there, because they wanted the family to know about this potentially dangerous suspect, not necessarily LE.

I wonder if they thought LE would just throw the note in the trash, take no notice or it wouldn't get to the person it needed to at police HQ.

At least leaving a note at Sandra's house, it's guaranteed that one of Sandra's relations will see it....and they left it there, because they wanted the family to know about this potentially dangerous suspect, not necessarily LE.

I guess I don't understand the rationality of wanting the family to know, but not police. What did the tipster want, vigilantes to visit the guy? The police are the ones in the best position to investigate anyone's involvement. And it's not like it's a cold case when this event occurs. Police were actively soliciting tips. There were posters everywhere with her description and how to get any relevant info to police. I know, because I saw them in my town.

Last edited:
I wonder if the note leaver thought LE would just throw the note in the trash, take no notice or it wouldn't get to the person it needed to at police HQ.

MOO
They could have just called the police anonymously, no note necessary. The whole thing of hiding their face and leaving a note is totally wonky to me. Did they know the Ring had been installed? Again MOO

IMO .. We know Sandra did not support herself before the father died. She lived with him. Its possible she shared a plan with her father or even her father paid for her cell phone whatever the case was and when he died she gave the cell phone up because she would have to pay, and she did not have a job. She didn't sell his house for over a year, so plenty of time to decide you didn't need a cell. She did not work, if she was mostly home, why would she really need a cell phone?
To pay bills?
Check her bank account?
File taxes?

Talk to people outside her area code without incurring long distance charges? Like her cousin, other family, etc?

Especially during the pandemic- everything is digital now. Groceries have to be ordered online. Banks are closed to customers, so you have to deposit checks via a cell phone or go to an ATM. Some vendors no longer take cash and require digital payment methods. Medical records and your doctors appointments are not mailed, your only access is via an online account.
The not having a cell phone or computer is very odd to me. Someone would have to control all aspects of your life. JMO

Wondering.....
Did she even have a debit card?

Or did her daughter give her an allowance?

To pay bills?
Check her bank account?
File taxes?

Talk to people outside her area code without incurring long distance charges? Like her cousin, other family, etc?

Especially during the pandemic- everything is digital now. Groceries have to be ordered online. Banks are closed to customers, so you have to deposit checks via a cell phone or go to an ATM. Some vendors no longer take cash and require digital payment methods. Medical records and your doctors appointments are not mailed, your only access is via an online account.
The not having a cell phone or computer is very odd to me. Someone would have to control all aspects of your life. JMO

Wondering.....

It was said she did not have a debit card, not all banks are closed. Not sure why you are saying this. Why does anyone need a computer for taxes? I think it is more odd not going over to see why your mother is not answering the phone yet bringing your 3 little kids there in the morning knowing something is wrong and you are expected at work as a nurse.

To pay bills?
Check her bank account?
File taxes?

Wondering.....

My banks in NY are open, and have been for some time...and the drive up window has always been open.

It was said she did not have a debit card, not all banks are closed. Not sure why you are saying this. Why does anyone need a computer for taxes? I think it is more odd not going over to see why your mother is not answering the phone yet bringing your 3 little kids there in the morning knowing something is wrong and you are expected at work as a nurse.

My thought is that she brought the kids with her because they were going to have to go somewhere. If Sandra was there when they showed up, great. If she wasn't, they were still going to have to go to some other relative or friend. There was no plan B because of the work orientation taking place that day.

My thought is that she brought the kids with her because they were going to have to go somewhere. If Sandra was there when they showed up, great. If she wasn't, they were still going to have to go to some other relative or friend. There was no plan B because of the work orientation taking place that day.
If work orientation was important and my mother was a stay at home grandmother that babysat my 3 young children, never went anywhere, car in the shop, no neighbor friends - that did not answer a landline phone or return my call - I would have made the extremely quick drive over to her house.
JMO

Turbotax? I haven’t filled out a federal or state income tax form by hand in a long time. But perhaps she didn’t make enough to file taxes.

Not all banks are closed, but a lot are drive up only due to covid. You have to make an appointment online to get access to your safe deposit box. (Bank of America, Wells Fargo and Credit Union branch bank)

So if she didn’t have a debit card, she had cash to pay for essentials such as cigarettes, food, dog food, etc.
Was she paid in cash for babysitting?
If so, did Sandra keep that money or give it to her daughter to pay for everything?

If work orientation was important and my mother was a stay at home grandmother that babysat my 3 young children, never went anywhere, car in the shop, no neighbor friends - that did not answer a landline phone or return my call - I would have made the extremely quick drive over to her house.
JMO

Me too.

It's interesting that they didn't do this, given what they said on the podcast - that they "always" call the person watching their kids the night before and that "she (Sandra) knew if we asked her to watch the kids, we meant that day."

So this goes back to something I've wondered here in the past - has Sandra ever gone missing before? Has any reporter asked this question? Was there ever any other time in her life where she was unreliable, for whatever reason?

I think that the camera was not installed to motivate LE, it was installed because the house was standing empty and the family didn't know if people might try to break in.

I agree that leaving a note that might blow away, get rained on, or otherwise never be found is not as effective as an anonymous note mailed to LE if you really thought you had a useful tip.

I just looked up the street where SC was living and I’m wondering if she felt isolated out there. The area is completely surrounded by woods. I know I would be uncomfortable living all alone out there. I think of the possibility of her car breaking down while she’s with the kids and not having a cell phone to call for help. There’s nothing close by, she’d have to walk on the side of the road, with 3 little ones, to go find help. I mean her car was in the shop on the day she disappeared! Did the daughter & SIL not even consider something like that happening? Even if I’m just going for a walk in my neighborhood, I take my cell phone. This not having a cell phone thing really bothers me. It also bothers me how concerned they were about protecting the house. But no so much with the safety and welfare of not only SC, but their own children, JMHO.. I really hope they find SC.

I go back & forth on the no cell phone thing. Maybe she was a Luddite, she didn't have a computer of any type, either, IIRC. There are still people in first world countries who have zero interest in technology. As it was, she was such a homebody, it seems like she could easily get by without one, even with caring for her grandsons. Maybe not the ideal, but maybe they knew she'd never use it, anyway & were comfortable with just the land line.

The plans to spend the night with her cousin, and then that just being dropped with no real follow-up from the cousin concerns me. Also knowing that there was resentment around the money situation when her father passed away.

I think Sandra's circle was quite small and the answers lie within the circle.

MOO

I think Sandra's circle was quite small and the answers lie within the circle.

MOO

Snipped to focus on this...

I agree. My concern for Sandra would be that the public has been told certain things about the size of that circle and the significant issues therein that may obscure, or downplay, other facts pertinent to her disappearance. Possibly the circle was not quite as small as the family is saying or even knew. Stories have changed enough, judging by their evolution from one podcast interview to the other, that it makes me wonder if there are other things about Sandra's life that are hidden.

However, as I've said before, the most important thing is that LE are working with the full picture.

I guess I don't understand the rationality of wanting the family to know, but not police. What did the tipster want, vigilantes to visit the guy? The police are the ones in the best position to investigate.

The note leavers left the note because I think they wanted Sandra's family to know about the potential dangerous local perp, so her family themselves could have that knowledge....but also to decide to go to the police themselves about it, if they wanted.

For whatever reason, the note droppers didn't feel able to go to LE. Maybe they had no trust in LE, or bad experiences before, or just plain didn't want to get that involved.

They just passed the knowledge on.

The note leavers left the note because I think they wanted Sandra's family to know about the potential dangerous local perp, so her family themselves could have that knowledge....but also to decide to go to the police themselves about it, if they wanted.

For whatever reason, the note droppers didn't feel able to go to LE. Maybe they had no trust in LE, or bad experiences before, or just plain didn't want to get that involved.

They just passed the knowledge on.

I wonder if this note interaction was the genesis of the strain between the neighbors and the family (as described in The Missing) or if it was for another reason?

Regardless of their reasons, leaving the note in the porch was probably a poor decision on the note dropper's part. 1. They could not be 100% sure their information, if important, was found. 2. They could not be sure the family would make a good decision about passing it on (the family aren't experts on disappearances, the police are) 3. It could have encouraged community harassment of an innocent person. And 4. Leaving the note could have brought suspicion upon the note dropper, wasting resources that could go towards finding Sandra.

Last edited:
JMO
I would have called again at 10:00 at night and if no answer go over there. No doubt about it. I would have been blowing up her phone and at some point go there. Why wouldn't they figure to call her again when they were talking about it. I think if you called at 10 at night and no answer still you had better go see. The SIL claimed they called the night before to make sure everything was set for the next day. Whatever Sandras habits were if she is not answering for whatever reason you as a parent, never mind daughter would check into. Yes The daughter knew she had to work but bringing them over with still no answer is odd. She only made plans with after she found out Sandra was not there. You can see if she didn't use a cell phone with a perhaps limited budget and always sticking close to home but I cant see a daughter not following up on her mother not answering for 2 days. This is my opinion.

Me too.

It's interesting that they didn't do this, given what they said on the podcast - that they "always" call the person watching their kids the night before and that "she (Sandra) knew if we asked her to watch the kids, we meant that day."

So this goes back to something I've wondered here in the past - has Sandra ever gone missing before? Has any reporter asked this question? Was there ever any other time in her life where she was unreliable, for whatever reason?

The daughter has said on several occasions on podcasts and TV interviews chanel 25 . Quoting The daughter from this podcast "this isn't a person that just goes missing, this is someone that doesn't disappear, this is a homebody grandmother that doesn't leave, she doesn't disappear". The SIL said it wasn't in her makeup to just disappear". Even IF she had some unreliability the SIL said they call whoever is watching the kids the night before, thats our mentality we always call the night before we always call the day before even though she always knew she had to watch the kids on fridays. What does the SIL mean "we got each other pretty well, if anyone needed anything we were just a phone call away"? All From the pod cast. IMO alot of PR for how good they all are. IMO is it a good work ethic why you go into work even though you're mother is not home and can't be found?

The daughter has said on several occasions on podcasts and TV interviews chanel 25 . Quoting The daughter from this podcast "this isn't a person that just goes missing, this is someone that doesn't disappear, this is a homebody grandmother that doesn't leave, she doesn't disappear". The SIL said it wasn't in her makeup to just disappear". Even IF she had some unreliability the SIL said they call whoever is watching the kids the night before, thats our mentality we always call the night before we always call the day before even though she always knew she had to watch the kids on fridays. What does the SIL mean "we got each other pretty well, if anyone needed anything we were just a phone call away"? All From the pod cast. IMO alot of PR for how good they all are. IMO is it a good work ethic why you go into work even though you're mother is not home and can't be found?

But I have to question all statements about what Sandra would do and not do. Because the first podcast told us she had no history of mental illness and the second told us that she had multiple incidents of depression - so much so, that her family decided it was not in her best interest to live on her own. And that was the same family member providing those two opposite pieces of information several months apart.

We also know this fact from The Missing: "We went our separate ways. I put myself through nursing school. After the kids were born, she (Sandra) started coming back around." They went their separate ways even though they all lived in the same small, insular part of Quincy. What was going on during that time in Sandra's life? The oldest grandchild is around 5 or 6, according to interviews about her last day with them, so it wasn't that long ago...could it have any bearing on her disappearance? I think LE are asking these questions too.

@Yemelyan, we are thinking along the similar lines, I think.

Do we know what caused this estrangement? Forgive me if it's been discussed, I may have missed it, & following several cases.

I just typed a big long discourse, but whoops, let me just say this.

I am Sandra's age. I have no desire to chase around 3 little boys on a regular basis, even if they were grandsons. That's a lot of work.

All MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member