Found Deceased ID - Deborah Hendrichs, 56, abandoned car on I-84 near Mecham, Star, 11 Jan 2021

Family of missing Star woman asks public to aid in search | ktvb.com
Ada County Sheriff’s Office specified on social media that she did not take her purse, warm clothes, or essential medication

Family of Deborah Hendrichs says unidentified pickup truck may be involved in disappearance

She woke her husband up at about 5 a.m. Jan. 11 and began a conversation about the government. Deborah Hendrichs then asked her husband to unplug all of the electronic devices, and to turn off their cellphones, which Hendrichs told Terry he placed on the kitchen table.

Two cellphones, one belonging to Hendrichs and the other to her husband, John Hendrichs, have not been recovered.
o_O

Did the man who didn't have gas and called in describe how she was acting and was she wearing the same thing? Did she still have one shoe on and the dog blanket, was she in distress, etc.
Family of Deborah Hendrichs says unidentified pickup truck may be involved in disappearance

I know it doesn’t answer your questions, but here’s the info included in article involving the snowplow driver...

A snowplow driver that works with the OR DOT called in to report Hendrichs’ SUV parked just past the fog line. The snowplow driver said he spoke with the woman in the SUV and she said she'd run out of gas. The driver asked dispatch to call Oregon State Police to do a welfare check and get Hendrichs some fuel.

The snowplow driver said he would set flares out and come back to check on the woman later.

The Department of Transportation then spoke with the snowplow driver, who was told by the woman in the vehicle she had “help on the way” but didn’t have cellphone reception.

“I would imagine that she’s probably got a ride to get fuel,” he said.

One part I don’t understand is when she told him she had help on the way but didn’t have phone reception.
Who was coming to help her?
If she didn’t have reception, did she call for help earlier?
If help was coming then why did the snowplow driver call dispatch for help as well?

Two cellphones, one belonging to Hendrichs and the other to her husband, John Hendrichs, have not been recovered.

Hmmmm - so where are the cellphones ? Deborah leaves with one shoe on and a dog blanket but takes two phones with her ? (speculation as the phones haven't been found) In a frenzied state of mind, I suppose it's possible, but just not sitting right with me. JMOO

Afterthought - wonder how big that dog blanket was ? I know we often use a regular size throw for our dog, and she's small.

Idaho State Journal | ODOT Dispatch Recording.mp3

At the link above, the Idaho State Journal shared the ODOT dispatch recording concerning Deborah on the side of interstate (no gas)
I’m impressed with the attention everyone gave to this. It seems everyone did what they could to help as quickly as they could. Where are you, Deborah?

ETA. <modsnip, source not allowed> I’m beginning to wonder if maybe Deborah was experiencing Covid-related psychosis. This is my random thought ONLY! No mention of this has been made anywhere that I found, but there is something <modsnip, source not allowed> that made me wonder.

Last edited by a moderator:
This case popped up on my Facebook news

This has me scratching my head... and suspicious eyes towards the husband. I’m surprised they couldn’t run a license plate or remember one from the pick up truck?

Hmm..
That was my first suspicion for sure, but once I read through some things, I’m not getting that vibe anymore. I’m also scratching my head.

I’m impressed with the attention everyone gave to this. It seems everyone did what they could to help as quickly as they could. Where are you, Deborah?

ETA. After reading through a fundraising page and listening to the first driver who reported her car talk about inconsistencies in Deb’s statements, I’m beginning to wonder if maybe Deborah was experiencing Covid-related psychosis. This is my random thought ONLY! No mention of this has been made anywhere that I found, but there is something in the fundraiser page that made me wonder.
Interesting thought you raise. I work with an environmental consultant who shared his CV19 experience with me last week. He was at a hardware store, left and went to the parking lot, but couldn't find his car. Evidently he wondered around for a while, finally an employee saw him and came out to ask if he was ok. He had no idea who he was, which car was his, or where he lived. They called an ambulance and he was taken to the hospital. Long story short, he had an extremely high temp and almost died. He has no memory of the hardware store, that was all relayed to his wife.

So maybe that could have happened, but where is she? If some kind soul dropped her off somewhere, wouldn't they have come forward to tell the story? This case is a real mystery.

Thanks to @YaYa_521 for originally posting the Find Deb Hencrichs page. Just got around to looking at the pics for the first time today. If she exited her vehicle walking, this would be a very difficult search indeed. Sadly, out of gas = no heat, so she may have. :(

Find Deb Hendrichs

Just one of the SAR pics :

150169460_110478927728249_9000657474662042474_n.jpg

I wonder if the other vehicle that the husband did not sell is a pickup.

I wonder as well. A previous post said they shared the vehicle that she left in. It made me think they only had one vehicle and not two. JMO but, I wonder how much everything and everyone has been investigated? It seems to me that it has been chalked up to her being crazy and just "taking off." JMO

It seems to me that it has been chalked up to her being crazy and just "taking off." JMO

It kinda does seem that way. I'm just hoping more is going on quietly in the background than LE is putting out publicly. Sure, a psychotic break can happen, but in one of the articles (sorry, don't remember which) Deb's family mentioned she had no history of MH issues. I just wish weather conditions had been such that the trooper had a good description of that pickup. I'm guessing possibly blowing snow with poor visibility. JMOO

It kinda does seem that way. I'm just hoping more is going on quietly in the background than LE is putting out publicly. Sure, a psychotic break can happen, but in one of the articles (sorry, don't remember which) Deb's family mentioned she had no history of MH issues. I just wish weather conditions had been such that the trooper had a good description of that pickup. I'm guessing possibly blowing snow with poor visibility. JMOO
Don't most State Troopers have dash cams?

Hmmmm - so where are the cellphones ? Deborah leaves with one shoe on and a dog blanket but takes two phones with her ? (speculation as the phones haven't been found) In a frenzied state of mind, I suppose it's possible, but just not sitting right with me. JMOO

Afterthought - wonder how big that dog blanket was ? I know we often use a regular size throw for our dog, and she's small.

Blanket large enough to wrap a body in?

"Hendrichs’ sister Cindy Taylor and her husband, Tom, who are working with Terry, say the family has not been given access to John Hendrichs’ cellphone records. Asked why he has not turned them over to Deborah’s two sisters, John Hendrichs told the Idaho Press he had already provided them to police and is cooperating fully with the investigation."
Now we're getting somewhere. Sounds like the family is also suspicious.

I’m surprised they couldn’t run a license plate or remember one from the pick up truck?

The way I interpreted it after reading the article (and I may be totally off) was that the trooper (traveling eastbound) noticed a pickup truck behind her SUV...but being on the opposite side of the interstate, going the opposite way, he had to loop/turn back around. By the time he approached the SUV, the truck was gone.
It was stated with the combination of that, plus the weather & vehicles going speeds up to 70 mph, the truck wasn’t seen again (so license plate # wasn’t able to be seen/caught) IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back