GUILTY IA - Breasia Terrell, 10, found deceased, Davenport, 10 July 2020 *arrest*

I think even if it’s clear to responding police the sex/age/race (size, clothes or other items, remaining hair etc) they would be remiss to surmise publicly and need to wait until solid DNA or other forms of identification take place. Maybe not in the past but I think at this point in time it’s just responsible procedure. Moo
Have you ever seen a case where remains are found and there is a high profile missing child case in the same general area, and LE will announce that they do not believe the remains are that of a missing child to put the family of the missing child and the public at ease, even though the remains have not yet been positively identified?

In this case the Davenport police were notified because of their ongoing investigation into Breasia's disappearance. Unless the remains are thought to be that of a child, I don't see any reason why Davenport police would have been notified.

JMO

There is no way it would take a week to two weeks to identify her.
Anyone remember the Diana Alvarez case?
She had been missing for 4 years when her remains were found.
Deputies were investigating at this new crime scene since Thursday afternoon. One Osceola County deputy stayed at the scene overnight as the mobile command center grew. Lee County detectives arrived Friday morning. The medical examiner showed up Friday afternoon.
Possible break? New search at scene linked to Diana Alvarez - NBC2 News

She was positively identified Sat.

Officials confirmed Saturday morning the remains of Diana Alverez have been located on the scene.

Remains of Missing San Carlos Park Child Diana Alvarez Found - WJBX

There is no way it would take a week to two weeks to identify her.
Anyone remember the Diana Alvarez case?
She had been missing for 4 years when her remains were found.
Deputies were investigating at this new crime scene since Thursday afternoon. One Osceola County deputy stayed at the scene overnight as the mobile command center grew. Lee County detectives arrived Friday morning. The medical examiner showed up Friday afternoon.
Possible break? New search at scene linked to Diana Alvarez - NBC2 News

She was positively identified Sat.

Officials confirmed Saturday morning the remains of Diana Alverez have been located on the scene.

Remains of Missing San Carlos Park Child Diana Alvarez Found - WJBX
Was Diana identified through dental records? Maybe there is no skull with the remains found at the pond?

Am I imagining this or did Dink say he and Breasia went “fishing” the night she went missing?

My prayers are with all who love and care about Breasia. (Sorry, I can’t bring myself to use past tense, yet.) I know it may be wrong, but I can’t help but feel angry that she was even over at the sex offenders place, in the first place. This is so heartbreaking, truly.

Am I imagining this or did Dink say he and Breasia went “fishing” the night she went missing?

My prayers are with all who love and care about Breasia. (Sorry, I can’t bring myself to use past tense, yet.) I know it may be wrong, but I can’t help but feel angry that she was even over at the sex offenders place, in the first place. This is so heartbreaking, truly.
Early on in the investigation the family requested LE to search at Credit Island, a location that was frequented for fishing by Breasia and her family. Dinkins may have told someone that he planned on taking Breasia and her bother fishing that night and it was thought that he may have gone to Credit Island. The family and searchers were said to be searching along the Mississippi river, a good indication they thought Breasia went fishing with Dinkins that evening or early morning.

'This is not real': Mother of Breasia Terrell still searching for her missing 10-year-old girl | wqad.com

The area near Dewitt where remains were found was said to be one of the known locations where Dinkins had been. I either read that after the remains were located or it was on the presser. Wish I could find it now and provide a link. I'm assuming that when it was said the investigation and search was moving to the north of the quad cities to the Clinton and Comanche area and LE was asking for information from anyone who may have information related to Dinkins 2007 Maroon Chevrolet Impala traveling on Hwy 61 and Hwy 30, that LE had possibly seen the Impala on video footage from highway cameras traveling that route that evening or early morning or cell phone records could have also provided information as to Dinkins location at that time giving reason to believe Dinkins had traveled north of Davenport during the time frame Breasia was with him.

Search for Breasia: New information redirects investigation to Clinton County | wqad.com

If the remains are identified as Breasia and Dinkins is charged, I wouldn't be surprised if there are one or more witness's at the trial that will testify that Dinkins frequented the pond where the remains where found for the purpose of fishing.

JMO

Don't know what they used, possibly rapid DNA.
yes, they did for Lizzie in Utah as well. It varies state to state, so I have to assume they don’t have rapid testing in Iowa given the 1-2 week timeframe. They might also have tacked on the extra time in case there’s any question or unforeseen issues in the lab and time to tell family etc. they don’t want the public breathing down their neck for the results. Moo

yes, they did for Lizzie in Utah as well. It varies state to state, so I have to assume they don’t have rapid testing in Iowa given the 1-2 week timeframe. They might also have tacked on the extra time in case there’s any question or unforeseen issues in the lab and time to tell family etc. they don’t want the public breathing down their neck for the results. Moo
That's what I thought too, he was buying extra time.

I see rapid dna testing in Iowa for paternity, but not in a criminal lab. I think at the pressor LE said all the testing would be done here Criminalistics Laboratory - DNA Casework Section | Iowa Department of Public Safety

Will the fishermen be eligible for the reward?

Last edited:
  • Mar 25, 2021 Updated 2 hrs ago
Human remains were found in a pond in DeWitt Monday night, leading some to wonder if it could be the body of Breasia Terrell, who went missing in July 2020, when she was 10.

The Clinton County Sheriff's Department said it would take time to identify the remains.

Richard Rahn, Iowa Division of Criminal Investigations special agent in charge, said an autopsy on the remains was done Monday. He also explained the general process of identification in an interview with the Quad-City Times/Moline Dispatch-Argus on Thursday.

Rahn said it was difficult to say how long the identification would take.

"It varies upon the procedure that we use. We have different things that we can do to help make those identifications, and sometimes it depends upon the condition of the body," Rahn said.

Rahn said the first step after a body was discovered was to send a crime scene team and a forensic anthropologist to the scene to collect evidence and retrieve the remains.

Human remains were found in DeWitt on Monday. What happens next?

• Mar 25, 2021 Updated 2 hrs ago
Human remains were found in a pond in DeWitt Monday night, leading some to wonder if it could be the body of Breasia Terrell, who went missing in July 2020, when she was 10.

The Clinton County Sheriff's Department said it would take time to identify the remains.

Richard Rahn, Iowa Division of Criminal Investigations special agent in charge, said an autopsy on the remains was done Monday. He also explained the general process of identification in an interview with the Quad-City Times/Moline Dispatch-Argus on Thursday.

Rahn said it was difficult to say how long the identification would take.

"It varies upon the procedure that we use. We have different things that we can do to help make those identifications, and sometimes it depends upon the condition of the body," Rahn said.

Rahn said the first step after a body was discovered was to send a crime scene team and a forensic anthropologist to the scene to collect evidence and retrieve the remains.

Human remains were found in DeWitt on Monday. What happens next?

Not sure who is in error, but the remains were discovered Monday night and not removed or recovered until Tuesday. So how could an autopsy have been preformed on Monday as it was reported Richard Rahn the special agent in charge with Iowa Division of Criminal Investigations had said?

I sure hope it was the reporter who has it wrong and not the agent.

JMO

Although I hope remains are those of Breasia so to provide family with some answers even if not what we prayed but I’m hesitant to be so confident after remains found recently were initially highly speculated to be those of Crystal Roger from Bardstown KY, sadly determined not to be Crystal. Prayers for all families with missing relatives

Agreed. It’s beyond sad. I feel for her mama as well. I just can’t seem to get over how she could allow her precious, innocent daughter to go over, and stay over, at Dinkins house to begin with. I think Breasia was trying to be the best sister and look out for her brother, but I’m still so frustrated at this whole situation and can’t wait for the day Dinkins will have to answer for what he’s done. I stand by what I have always said; Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. That is a fact. Here’s two articles (being nice and don’t include his past history) as a reminder of what a great guy Dink is:

Henry Dinkins pleaded not guilty to three sex-offender charges. If convicted, he could face enhanced sentencing as a habitual offender | Local Crime & Courts | qctimes.com - Henry Dinkins pleaded not guilty to three sex-offender charges. If convicted, he could face enhanced sentencing as a habitual offender

Breasia Terrell: Trial set for Henry Dinkins in Scott County, Iowa - Breasia Terrell: Trial set for Henry Dinkins in Scott County, Iowa

Very sad update: The Davenport PD is doing a live press conference to announce that the body found in the pond outside DeWitt has indeed been positively identified as Breasia Terrell. At least now she can be laid to rest.

I also hope we can find out what happened to her in the meantime, and whoever was involved be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Fly high with the angels, Breasia.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus
Back